Slaytanicc's Complete Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide ***Complete***

gorgoroth

But whats the point of lowering the defense since you aren't meleeing them. And lowering magic level is worth more than defense level.

And they both have the same max hit because of the 10% extra damage with staffs like ancient staff/ahrims staff etc. It is also easier paying much less then 100k then going to go pc and spend points on mace rather void/xp

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not lowering their melee def, you're lowering their magic def meaning your magic attakc become a lot more accurate. And they wont both have the same max hit. Flames of Zammy can only be cast using the ZAmmy staff where Claws can be cast with either the Guthix Staff or Void Mace. Thats why claws of guthix is the only one of the god spells that makes it worth it.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

what would you say is better for maging with claws of guthix+charge: mystic or full void, bearing in mind I don't have full void at all. Also, how long does charge last for?

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

Yes it could work, but keep in mind that youre going to have very very low defense then. And the charge lasts for about 5 minutes.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

what would you say is better for maging with claws of guthix+charge: mystic or full void, bearing in mind I don't have full void at all. Also, how long does charge last for?

full void magic is an utter failure, mystic beats it by far, ahrims beats it even further.

full void magic gives +30% to your magic accuracy

but full mystic gives +44 to your equipment magic attack

the +44 usually translates to more than a +30% magic accuracy bonus.

Naaxi.png

full void magic is an utter failure, mystic beats it by far, ahrims beats it even further.

I guess you failed to read the part about Void having a 100* better defense :wall:

Keep your uneducated opinions to yourself?

Void Mage, when used for tanking, beats any other maging armour. It's probably the best armour to use when it comes to aviansies.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I guess you failed to read the part about Void having a 100* better defense :wall:

Void Mage, when used for tanking, beats any other maging armour. It's probably the best armour to use when it comes to aviansies.

That's true. Void mage does have much more defense. I just thought the issue of the offensive capabilities of void mage vs mystic was not addressed.
Naaxi.png

That's true. Void mage does have much more defense. I just thought the issue of the offensive capabilities of void mage vs mystic was not addressed.

Do me a favour? Go to Aviansies and use 1k Casts wearing Mystic and another 1k wearing Void. I can put money on the fact that you will get a much better result from Void than you will with mystic or even Infinity. I think they only thing that beats Void is Ahrims (and only just). Sure, the stats might suggest otherwise but the result is what counts.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Do me a favour? Go to Aviansies and use 1k Casts wearing Mystic and another 1k wearing Void. I can put money on the fact that you will get a much better result from Void than you will with mystic or even Infinity. I think they only thing that beats Void is Ahrims (and only just). Sure, the stats might suggest otherwise but the result is what counts.

my bad

your comment stated:

Yes it could work, but keep in mind that youre going to have very very low defense then. And the charge lasts for about 5 minutes.

so i wasn't sure if you meant void was better or not aside from the defensive qualities

Naaxi.png

my bad

your comment stated:

so i wasn't sure if you meant void was better or not aside from the defensive qualities

I think its better in any aspect. Not just Defense. I don't think that Void Mage is as weak as people try to make it out. I think most people go on hearsay or theyre just to scared or stupid to have their own opinion. Ive tried void at places where people would never imagine using it (Rock Lobsters for example) and the result i got was better than i did with Mystic and Infinity and not at all far behind Ahrims.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I think its better in any aspect. Not just Defense. I don't think that Void Mage is as weak as people try to make it out. I think most people go on hearsay or theyre just to scared or stupid to have their own opinion. Ive tried void at places where people would never imagine using it (Rock Lobsters for example) and the result i got was better than i did with Mystic and Infinity and not at all far behind Ahrims.

That's interesting, I've yet to meet anyone else that thinks void mage is better than mystic. Then again I don't know many people that use void mage.

I don't suppose you've kept a log of hits vs no hits during your maging escapades at any point? I'd love to see it if you've have.

nobody i know can really tell me for sure how exactly runescape's accuracy system works, so i can only run around and make blind stabs in the dark and see what looks simplistic and generally jagex-ish.

Considering that even you say ahrims > void mage, i personally won't invest my time in getting void mage just to test the theory.

but any data would be absolutely terrific.

Naaxi.png

That's interesting, I've yet to meet anyone else that thinks void mage is better than mystic. Then again I don't know many people that use void mage.

I don't suppose you've kept a log of hits vs no hits during your maging escapades at any point? I'd love to see it if you've have.

nobody i know can really tell me for sure how exactly runescape's accuracy system works, so i can only run around and make blind stabs in the dark and see what looks simplistic and generally jagex-ish.

Considering that even you say ahrims > void mage, i personally won't invest my time in getting void mage just to test the theory.

but any data would be absolutely terrific.

I quite recently used Void along with Claws of Guthix. i had 800 casts which got me about 80k exp but i have no clue on my hits. i will however do this again soon as i quite enjoy it. So ill be sure to keep a decent log on exp/hits/etc.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I quite recently used Void along with Claws of Guthix. i had 800 casts which got me about 80k exp but i have no clue on my hits. i will however do this again soon as i quite enjoy it. So ill be sure to keep a decent log on exp/hits/etc.

if you do keep a log that large I would seriously worship you for... a few months (we'll talk)

so yeah total xp gained after the casts and total # of 0's and splashes would exactly what I've been looking for

<3:

Naaxi.png

Good guide :thumbup:

Might try and do the void mage method to 94. It's nice to get hp exp from training mage :thumbsup:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

• 2 weeks later...

avianses1sttrip.jpg

My first ever trip.

Used it more as a learning experience than a real money-making run. Discovered that emergency food and teleport are really not necessary, also body runes aren't worth the inventory space. And I have to stop picking up herbs (no matter how hard that is).

Next I'm going to try to work out whether using a pendant of armadyl and fighting the lower level avianses in the eerye (spelling) makes up for the loss of range bonus from not using amulet of ranging while fighting higher level ones.

Thanks for the guide!!!

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Just fancied some maths

800 casts is what about 1 hour and a bit so call it 15 casts of charge

15*180=2700

780*35=27300

77300-27300=50000

50000/2=25000

25000/780=32

Which seems a bit extreme to me, but I suppose you could minus about 2k from the exp if you take into account alchs which would drop it to about 31 on average.

gorg are you sure you was getting 80k from about 800 casts?

800*35=28000

80000-28000=52000

52000/2=26000

26000/800=32.5 on average if thats pure casts no charges.

EDIT your idea on void at rock lobsters is just what I was looking for as I'm saving for 88 summoning and void is about 3m cheaper for me(since I only have the helm to get).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Meh i took 800 casts an hour as an Avarage since alot of players afk at Aviansies. I can get close to about 1k casts an hour if i rarely afk and if i keep myself glued to the screen i could fit in an extra 100. Which Void + Charge the ax hit of Claws is 33. I brought the avg hit to about 24 or 25. So suppose you hit 24 on avg. you get 35exp (base exp) + 48 exp(for the damage done). Thats a total of 83 exp per fast. If you can manage to glue yourself yo the screen and get 1100 casts an hour you could even 91k exp an hour. Thats not even mentioning another 2k exp for charging along with about 2k more for alching. Sure 80k is a very high ammount for PvM maging but as with every other guide i neglected to mention the terms of getting such a high ammount.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Btw Schmaull using the Eyree is a bad idea. There are only about 2 lvl 73's a 2 lvl 83's 2 lvl 79's and then some 90+. Using the red spot provides you with lvl 69's and 71's along with 1 Lvl 89 and 83. The red spot is by far the best place for Aviansies.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Thats pretty extreme exp for breaking even then.

I'll have to get void mage helm and give it a go sometime.

As always your one of the people which always changes the way I play.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Oh umm yeah about breaking even. When i did this method runes were alot cheaper and bars were around the price they are now. I had a fairly decent bar drop ratio aswell. A few people that have done this method recently have told me that they make about a 2gp/ep loss at most which still isnt too bad considdering that its the same cost as superheating but can be alot better Exp. But i'm still positive that you could break even if you manage to get the runes for a decent price and have some luck on the drops and hits. Dont rely on braking even though.

This method really isnt for making profit its for "having fun" while maging since there arent alot of fun ways for training mage.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Do you think you could profit if you take an inventory of extreme mage pots (last 6 minutes each) with a couple bunyips and bank to restock? It'd mean being able to hit 13 higher so could increase the xp/hour a lot, the only problem is that you have to train herblore. :P

Superheating is looking attractive for me to train mage though as it gets lots of smithing experience too, shame because it looks fun to mage away at these. :( I could do some trips every now and then to break the monotony though.)

imagangster.png

Does anyone know if salamanders work there?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Does anyone know if salamanders work there?

Yeah they do. Someone i know used a Salamander there and he said it was good, but i would want a more reliable source before i add a section. I might just go try it out myself. Good thing with Salamander is that you can wear Max Def gear Since the Salamander isnt affected by any Bonusses.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Using Void mace, Charge, and Claws of Guthix i was able to 3-4 hit them most of the time. It was great. Charge lasted about 15 kills before having to reuse it again. Wore almost the same setup as your tanking method, except the ring didn't sell and used Falador Shield 3 as i dind't wanna spend gps on a DFS.

Brought only 1k casts though. Should have brought more.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]