Slaytanicc's Complete Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide ***Complete***

gorgoroth

Nice guide

Can't really find anything wrong with it

The net profit will go down dramatically but its a cool alternative

Yeah i have to work on the profit margins. I worked on 3500gp per kill but its closer to 3100gp. ill get working on that soon.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would realy suggest that you put ROW as the #1 ring. It realy makes a difference.

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

I would realy suggest that you put ROW as the #1 ring. It realy makes a difference.

Ring of Wealth works on rare drops. Tough I am not going to disagree with you. RoW is said to only increase the droprate on high-valued items, or the so called rare items. I'd say, leave this open for debate. A lot of people prefer RoW over anything and for a long time, I have aswell.

As for the guide-writer, this is a brilliant guide. I've read it once before, but I have became really interested in this. The Mage Tanking method really.. takes my interest. Fire Wave seems like the best option. Currently I am doing a few TD trips, but if you want, I could log my experience from several hours of camping. Drop rate (very usefull), experience, cost. Basicly everything I could put in an excel sheet.

To do this, I just have a question. I will be camping at the green/red cross. For this I will ofcourse need a few goditems.

For armadyl, is there anything other then the pendant to use for tanking? In your guide you haven't mentioned the pendant as a must-have for tanking I believe. The alltogether question is, which items can I best use to avoid being attacked by monsters around the camping spot?

I read the guide-forums every day, so just post here or PM me so I can help you ;) It seems good fun. Might even go for the a big tanktrip if I can get the runes :D

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Ring of Wealth works on rare drops. Tough I am not going to disagree with you. RoW is said to only increase the droprate on high-valued items, or the so called rare items. I'd say, leave this open for debate. A lot of people prefer RoW over anything and for a long time, I have aswell.

As for the guide-writer, this is a brilliant guide. I've read it once before, but I have became really interested in this. The Mage Tanking method really.. takes my interest. Fire Wave seems like the best option. Currently I am doing a few TD trips, but if you want, I could log my experience from several hours of camping. Drop rate (very usefull), experience, cost. Basicly everything I could put in an excel sheet.

To do this, I just have a question. I will be camping at the green/red cross. For this I will ofcourse need a few goditems.

For armadyl, is there anything other then the pendant to use for tanking? In your guide you haven't mentioned the pendant as a must-have for tanking I believe. The alltogether question is, which items can I best use to avoid being attacked by monsters around the camping spot?

I read the guide-forums every day, so just post here or PM me so I can help you ;) It seems good fun. Might even go for the a big tanktrip if I can get the runes :D

The only thing a RoW is going to improve is the ammount of Rune Javelins you get (rare drop), Key Halves, etc. Not worth it IMO. The mage/prayer bonus will save you much more money than the key half here and there.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Well I just gathered all my stuff, I will be going there now with 2k fire waves.

Few things for mage tanks --> Armadyl necklace > Fury > Glory > Amulet of magic

Also explain what is required to get to the Black X marked spot on the map.

I'll post my findings and inventory etc. I think around tomorow-evening. Not to much time today, so won't finish.

Also a great combi for goditems -> Saramodin godclaok + Unholy book + armadyl necklace. Great bonus and still worth 3 goditems.

The only thing a RoW is going to improve is the ammount of Rune Javelins you get (rare drop), Key Halves, etc. Not worth it IMO. The mage/prayer bonus will save you much more money than the key half here and there.

No, The RoW do improve the drop rate of addy bars, just test 1k with and 1k without. You will notice a difference. Compared 2 maxe kc. One time i got 3600 bars without RoW. The next time i got above 4000 bars. I think you should test it ;)

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

No, The RoW do improve the drop rate of addy bars, just test 1k with and 1k without. You will notice a difference. Compared 2 maxe kc. One time i got 3600 bars without RoW. The next time i got above 4000 bars. I think you should test it ;)

Please retest it a few more times.

99% of people who have tested it have came to the opposite conclusion.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Please retest it a few more times.

99% of people who have tested it have came to the opposite conclusion.

Adaminth bars aren't considered a rare drop.. there is a thing called statistics. So Joe is right in this case. Getting a difference once doesn't prove anything. Repetetive testing does prove it. And when 99% is right ;) well..

So far I tried the following setup:

Torag helmet / Armadyl pendant / Ahrim's robetop / Ahrim's robeskirt / Infinity boots / Fire staff / Unholy book / Saramodin cape

With this set-up, even with very high defense, you can't tank them. You simply have to low of a ranged defence. I used a super defence potion to verify this. I couldn't last long.

Will try the same set-up with zamorak cape and granite shield. See if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Switching the unholy book out for a granite shield did make a difference. Difference is just not enough for 81 defence.

If you are trying to mage tank, try Torag Helmet / Torag legs / Granite shield. That could offer enough ranged defence.

Void Magic would be best of tanking, as it's body and robe bottoms have range Defence.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Void Magic would be best of tanking, as it's body and robe bottoms have range Defence.

Yeah i will get this tested soon as i get 99Atk and 99Ranged.

Use the default colors, don't make your own. :wall:

Hope you werent being snotty to me. The colours i used are on the pallet thank you very much.

And as for the...idiot...who says Addy bars are 'rare'...well rare = not dropped often. addy bars are dropped very very often thus making them...not a rare #-o

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

After making several sets of gear and comparing them to the ranged tanking method, I came to the conclusion you need 200+ ranged defense to efficiently tank. However, getting this really takes down your mage attack value. Down to around 20-30.

Void magic is only usefull in set. With the set, you can't have any torag items on, considerably lowering ranged defense posibility. So no, this won't be a good method I think.

After making several sets of gear and comparing them to the ranged tanking method, I came to the conclusion you need 200+ ranged defense to efficiently tank. However, getting this really takes down your mage attack value. Down to around 20-30.

Void magic is only usefull in set. With the set, you can't have any torag items on, considerably lowering ranged defense posibility. So no, this won't be a good method I think.

Along with something like the E E, Crystal Shield or DFS it could be possible, but this gets a bit expencive :P

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Along with something like the E E, Crystal Shield or DFS it could be possible, but this gets a bit expencive :P

Biggest problem comes into play that it is a way to play, just.. very very few will actually use it. Mage tanking just gets tricky ;) But you can do some tests with the 20-30 magic bonus, see if its still profitable then.

Biggest problem comes into play that it is a way to play, just.. very very few will actually use it. Mage tanking just gets tricky ;) But you can do some tests with the 20-30 magic bonus, see if its still profitable then.

A while back when i first though about wrting the guide i was told that any +mage bonus is good enough. It wont make much of a difference whether or not its 10 or 100. I find this highly unlikely though. I'll make sure to play around with it and get it tested though.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

[hide=]

A while back when i first though about wrting the guide i was told that any +mage bonus is good enough. It wont make much of a difference whether or not its 10 or 100. I find this highly unlikely though. I'll make sure to play around with it and get it tested though.

[/hide]

Any mage bonus is indeed enough. The only problem is, with +10, you might need 10-25% more casts per kill then you would have used with +70 bonus. Seeing profit is .. hardly anything with fire wave (70k?) it quickly ends up losing money with a few more runes per kill. Still interested to see a working tanking setup. Those that I have tested weren't sufficient.

Sorry for the super long wait. I never got around to posting this...Then I forgot and I finally remembered. ;)

My setup:

aviansiesetup.png

Then my data: Both tests were exactly 1 hour long.

aviansieinfo.png

Hope this helps. :)

Thewizard713.png

[99 Cooking][99 Magic][99 Fletching][99 Range]

DK drops: Berserker:15/Axe:30/ Warrior:14/Archers:15/ Seers:10/ Mud:6/ Total:90

GWD Drops: (Bandos: 1x Hilt, 1x BCP, 2x boots)

Wiht my void set up, I get 39 Magic attack AND 154 Range Defence, aswell as 8 prayer. That offers more defence then the recommended Tank set up, with still fairly good offensive capabilities.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Sorry for the super long wait. I never got around to posting this...Then I forgot and I finally remembered. ;)

My setup:

aviansiesetup.png

Then my data: Both tests were exactly 1 hour long.

aviansieinfo.png

Hope this helps. :)

Wow this is very helpfull thanx :)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Decent guide, but you should apply mroe spells you could use. For instance, could you do this with ancients?

3 issues with ancients here

1. No teleport there

2. Costs more

3. Can't alch the drops.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Decent guide, but you should apply mroe spells you could use. For instance, could you do this with ancients?

3 issues with ancients here

1. No teleport there

2. Costs more

3. Can't alch the drops.

Yeah the teleport isnt the big issue, the cost and alching is what makes it bad.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I like the idea of maging Aviansie. However, I do have a few questions.

1) Why do you have a range section in this guide, isn't it supposed to be for maging them?

2) Since speed is helpful, I'm curious about how useful using a Void mace here with Claws of Guthix and the Charge spell. You mention Rune knives in your High-Level Aviansie Range Guide about and how they affect profits but allow you to gain faster range xp. I'm curious if using Claws of Guthix would do the same, allowing you to have a small profit or breaking even while getting faster mage xp.

3) Why are Dagon'hai robes more useful than Ahrim for tanking? I apologize, I'm unfamiliar with the stats of Dagon'hai.

Otherwise very interesting guide. I'm beginning to think we've got another expert guidemaker on the Tipit forum. :D

Sir_Ddude.gif

3) Why are Dagon'hai robes more useful than Ahrim for tanking? I apologize, I'm unfamiliar with the stats of Dagon'hai.

No mage armour except for Void has range defence so it's all about accuracy but idk why it's better then Ahrim.

I like the idea of maging Aviansie. However, I do have a few questions.

1) Why do you have a range section in this guide, isn't it supposed to be for maging them?

- The Range option is for people who wish to combine the two skills when training.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide