The Running Thread

noble_aloof

ello george nice to have you back.

i also had a workout today. three 1200's @ 5k pace with 3 minute break between each. also 2 mile warm up and cool down. i've come a long way since i started this thread.. i honestly think i might be 3rd on my team this year.

also here are my spikes, which i got over a month ago and are sold out everywhere:

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:143996/sku:07062800/Nike%20Zoom%20Victory%20XC%20-%20Men%27s?supercat=home&cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH#sku=07062700

also i ordered these flats (can't remember if i already posted em)

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:146471/sku:200831/Saucony%20Shay%20XC%202%20Flat%20-%20Men%27s?supercat=home&cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ello george nice to have you back.

i also had a workout today. three 1200's @ 5k pace with 3 minute break between each. also 2 mile warm up and cool down. i've come a long way since i started this thread.. i honestly think i might be 3rd on my team this year.

also here are my spikes, which i got over a month ago and are sold out everywhere:

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:143996/sku:07062800/Nike%20Zoom%20Victory%20XC%20-%20Men%27s?supercat=home&cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH#sku=07062700

also i ordered these flats (can't remember if i already posted em)

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:146471/sku:200831/Saucony%20Shay%20XC%202%20Flat%20-%20Men%27s?supercat=home&cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

we did 6 1000s at 5k pace with 1 minute in between yesterday. I should be ranked between 10th and 14th on my team this year as I'm much stronger then most people on the team on hills.

Also, I ended up getting these spikes over the shays.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Today I ran 2k, then 6k, then did 100m sprints 100m walk for 4k, then 6k, then 2k. I am tired!!

I feel it was a goood run tho, but it was very tiring. Its the longest distance I've ever ran in a day by a very long way.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

Has everybody's season started up yet? what are the times looking like?

i ran my first race of the year on saturday- finished with 18:12, 1:50 better than the 20:02 i ran there last year. there have been some improvements to say the least.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

First race of the season was a 16:59. Not terrible, but I definitely could have ran better. Next race I want to actually stay with the next guy on our team, who ran about 16:30.

that's a late season start >.>

Ive taken a good 2 minutes off my 5k time from last year bringing me up to 19:26 PR, fastest race of the season next week, I'm hoping to go sub 19.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

i ran a 17:17 today.

Nice, noble.

We had cruise intervals today (timed miles with 1 minute rest). Our goal was 5:55 for 5 miles, we hit like 5:30 the first one and almost broke 5 the last one. Overall averaged 5:48.

Our school has a system of "rambucks" (our mascot), and teachers are supposed to hand out one to students who show they're responsible or some other crap. At the end of the week you can enter in a raffle for prizes like free parking spots (normally they're $100) and random gift cards. My coach is giving me 25 if I break 16 in a race, lol.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

my workouts seem so easy compared to some of the ridiculous ones you guys post about haha. My official time was 17:14 but it was a 3.0 mile course. i'm hoping to break 17 next week at our home official 5k course since its gonna be against a good team. good luck breaking 16.

tahvo, congratulations. improvement can come very quickly in running, especially distance running. look at some of my old posts.. just last year i was in the 19's and 20's for every meet. second meet of the season this year i'm down to low 17s.

Just ran a best 5k time for this year, at 21:46. Not pro like you guys, but at least I'm on varsity next meet! :D

21:46 for varsity? you need sub 17 here for varsity >.>

Also, the best way to improve your times is off-season training by far, as seen by me and nobel's time improvements from last year.

DM0Yq2c.png

Yeah, Of course my school has 400 kids overall in the High school. Today, I ran JV and it was me and one other kid running for our team.

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

RL PIC@@@

Not really, try to find me:

47309_1514440311251_1541752574_1245336_1540717_n.jpg

This was the meet last weekend, 1800+ people total ran in various races. Not sure why I didn't post earlier.

your the black guy in the front obviously.

@tahvo, yeah we have well over 100 runners on our team :P

DM0Yq2c.png

I'll get around to posting some pictures after our next meet. last meet we had a :24 second spread over our top 5 and :41 over top 7 so we basically have a 6 man pack that runs together for the entire race.

Ran a 5k today in the rain, was reaally muddy (as evidenced by my lackluster time). 17:02 at the 3 mile, 17:34 at the finish. Managed to take 3 guys for the last medal slot (25th place). A guy on our team won it in 16:14; he got a tree (the school has a christmas tree farm to raise money). Not a terrible day overall.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Ran in a meet today, ran 21:29. All-time PR for me, so I'm happy :D

6 seconds faster then my PR last year :thumbup:

today was supposed to be a fairly easy day, we were supposed to run 6 300s at 800 pace, me and a few freinds ended up running 8 300s at 42 seconds each :twisted:

DM0Yq2c.png

@Aeil- do you really hve over 100 runners? We have 5 (yes FIVE) regular boys and 5 girls. Total of 10 lmao. But sometimes we have an extra 4-5 boys from soccer run in meets with us, and in league meets if a girl is hurt our coach recruits girls from the girl soccer team lol.

However, one phenom on our team is only a sophomore and he is 13th best in Ohio, and will most definately win state as a senior, probably junior too.

@Aeil- do you really hve over 100 runners? We have 5 (yes FIVE) regular boys and 5 girls. Total of 10 lmao. But sometimes we have an extra 4-5 boys from soccer run in meets with us, and in league meets if a girl is hurt our coach recruits girls from the girl soccer team lol.

However, one phenom on our team is only a sophomore and he is 13th best in Ohio, and will most definately win state as a senior, probably junior too.

On a day to day basis about 85. 122 signed up though. 74 people traveled to our last out of town meet. So anyone elses team here running at Concordia in Oregon on the 16th of October?

DM0Yq2c.png

On a day to day basis about 85. 122 signed up though. 74 people traveled to our last out of town meet. So anyone elses team here running at Concordia in Oregon on the 16th of October?

Your XC team is larger then our whole track team :unsure:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Yeah my team consists of 10 guys and like 11 girls i think?

Had a meet tuesday, ran 22:06. It was a slow course though, and the 7th place varsity spot guy was only 4 seconds ahead of me. I'll get him at our only home meet!

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

our team is 82 but that is girls and boys including varsity and freshman (no 8th graders). we have maybe 17 on varsity (no cuts). we have about 10-12 guys who take it seriously and break 20 every meet.

also i ran a 17:35 5k (17:17 was 3.0) for first on my team on tuesday. :35 second spread over top 5 and :56 second spread over top 8.