The Running Thread

noble_aloof

Our only home meet is tomorrow! I'm pumped.

EDIT: Home meet done, ran better than I expected! 20:20, All time PR by over a minute. My season goal of breaking 20 isn't so unreasonable! Also beat the 7th varsity spot by almost minute.

Edited by Tahvo

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I injured my calf in a 25 degree regionals race on Friday, nice way to end the in-town season. No hard work outs for me this week :3 Three weeks off to rest it up for Concordia though.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I sat a new personal best this week, which i'm happy about.

Long story short: I started walking reguraly (4-6 days a week) in dec-jan and in june i started jogging. My first time was about [email protected]. I've been jogging twice a week since (+walking, and spinning on fridays), and steadily got lower times. This week i hit 12.25, after been around 13-13.20 for a few weeks.

The negative thing is that winter is coming and it is dark at 18.30 here already. Might run off and buy one of those head lamps in a couple of weeks.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I sat a new personal best this week, which i'm happy about.

Long story short: I started walking reguraly (4-6 days a week) in dec-jan and in june i started jogging. My first time was about [email protected]. I've been jogging twice a week since (+walking, and spinning on fridays), and steadily got lower times. This week i hit 12.25, after been around 13-13.20 for a few weeks.

The negative thing is that winter is coming and it is dark at 18.30 here already. Might run off and buy one of those head lamps in a couple of weeks.

night running is the [cabbage]. Just run with a dog on dark, rootless trails you know well.

Ran a 1600 time trial on the track today for a preiview of track, ran a 5 12, I was pretty happy.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Ran at a pretty big meet for us, and my shoe came untied within the first half mile >.> . Still ran 20:52, which is my second best time, so I'm happy about it. Conference meet is coming up, hoping to break 20, since it's our last meet of the year.

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

damn all you lower 48ers with your long seasons >.>

DM0Yq2c.png

Not sure if this has been brought up, but there is a great shoe that apparently is just the best thing ever for running. It's called the Vibram Five Finger shoe, it's basically like running barefoot

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/ This the OFFICIAL website, and any other website is a knock off version of the shoe, so beware

And here's a thread discussing how good they are

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3171064

img1-large.jpg

I've been considering getting a pair for general every day usage, but I'm torn since winter lasts pretty long and is too cold to wear these here

haha, do want.

I'm running farther now, about time it's almost increasing exponentially. I was stuck at running just one mile, now I can run like 2.2 no problemo. (Besides breathing "like a horse" as my friend put it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

haha, do want.

I'm running farther now, about time it's almost increasing exponentially. I was stuck at running just one mile, now I can run like 2.2 no problemo. (Besides breathing "like a horse" as my friend put it.

Good to hear :smile:

I've been running for three years now and still breathe really heavily.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Whenever I run for longer than 10 minutes, I sound like I'm chanting as I run, because I have an odd rhythm to my breathing. I breathe in, in-in, out, out, repeat. With the first in/out being the largest breathes and on my right step, then the smaller ones start on my left step. Maybe I need to change my breathing, but it works for me, and I don't run competitively anyways.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Anyone watching the Chicago marathon tomorrow? The winner can end up taking away 600 grand (100 for the individual race and another 500 for the World Marathon Majors if they happen to be Tsegaye Kebede or Sammy Wanjiru). My money's on Wanjiru, the defending Chicago marathon champ.

1ekn0o.jpg

Anyone watching the Chicago marathon tomorrow? The winner can end up taking away 600 grand (100 for the individual race and another 500 for the World Marathon Majors if they happen to be Tsegaye Kebede or Sammy Wanjiru). My money's on Wanjiru, the defending Chicago marathon champ.

I watched some big international track meet in Oslo in June, so that was about it for big International events for me. I don't follow anything longer then 5ks too closely internationally either :3

DM0Yq2c.png

Haha i was busy watching the Steamtown marathon in my city yesterday. a really great day for a really great race.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Ran a 17:20 5K last week. I'm happy about that. Hit the first mile at 5:17.

Dropping my 10K time down too. Probably at 36-39 Minutes for it now.

Also a D2 school near me tried to recruit me for XC...Made me Lol. :lol:

I ran with my 69 year old grandfather and my 42 year old Dad. They are both in very good shape. You think your grandpa is in shape, until you meet mine. This guy is a machine. We went on a 5 mile run up and down this mountain in Blowing Rock, NC. They almost killed me. The thin air and unrelenting pace was brutal. It was quite a bit of fun though.

vettro.png

I ran a 18 44 at Concordia and placed 13th out of 350 in the JV race :thumbup:

like a 40 second PR for me to.

DM0Yq2c.png

Sadly for me, only 2 weeks of regular season practice remains before my Senior year XC season ends.

After that, track season then hopefully College XC and track.

On a side note, dropped my 5K time to 17:17. Conditions where cold, and windy. I'm hoping for Sub-17 times before league, or at league finals, in not, then at sectionals.

After my 17:34 i've run sub-par times and struggled to crack 18 in all of our races since then. closest i've come is 18:02 at pre districts last week which got me 9th on my team :ohnoes: . Coach actually threatened to remove me from top 7 at districts. praying for a good districts race

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Ran a 16:09 at regionals, very happy. 22nd overall, 3rd on the team :grin:

Amazing. Good luck at sectionals! :thumbsup: ( you are running in those right?)

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Running Season is over for me, best time was 20:20, oh well. My goal was sub-20, but I was close, and next year I'll get it fo' sho'.

Thanks, and yeah. We have close to the toughest sectional in the nation (two of the top three teams have won nationals in the last two years, and the other team has won state every other year for about the last 50), so I won't be continuing to state unless I run a sub 15:40 and get lucky.

1ekn0o.jpg

Running Season is over for me, best time was 20:20, oh well. My goal was sub-20, but I was close, and next year I'll get it fo' sho'.

I hate being in the place. I can't stand being that close to running sub-20 or sub 17. Worst feeling ever for me.

Thanks, and yeah. We have close to the toughest sectional in the nation (two of the top three teams have won nationals in the last two years, and the other team has won state every other year for about the last 50), so I won't be continuing to state unless I run a sub 15:40 and get lucky.

You have York in your sectional?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

In both our regional and sectional. Jack Driggs is aiming to break 14 this year at state and have a run at Lukas Verzbicas, who won nationals last year by 15 seconds. We actually ran to York yesterday because of a 30-40 mph headwind in that direction.

1ekn0o.jpg