The Running Thread

noble_aloof

Hello and welcome. you may be: a weekend warrior, cross training , someone looking to lose weight, a highschool track-star, new to running, a retired runner, a marathoner, or someone who has just stumbled upon this thread. feel free to post, contribute, and ask questions. Anything about running is fair game.

The Tip.it Nike+ running group!

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/

^^

This link will get you to the classic Nike+ page, where you need to login, click community -> teams, and then search for "Tip.It Runners".

i will be adding to this thread soon

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to people who don't often get active, running your first mile is basically 9 to 12 minutes of hell, if you can make it through your first serious workout without complaining, you have taken the first true step into the body of an athlete.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I'm doing spring track to get in shape for soccer. Distance. pretty much avg. 5 miles a day, 6+ on Saturdays. I like it - but I hate meets. I can't keep a fast enough pace long enough. But during practices I'm the one who runs most and fastest :wall:

Anyway, My best mile is only 6:13, and my 800 (set it today) is 2:44:9. Not great, but I don't entirely mind too much, as long as I improve. Only a few meets left though.

And the over-me-classmen (I'm a freshman) all know me as well. Apparently I look like some guy, last name Rooney, who did track before... but he was really bad ("if they add the first name, you're f***ed" said the one who started it). And I'm the kid who stiffarmed another to beat him (I lost a second... and lost). :roll: Instincts.

I'll probably do winter next year, and maybe Cross-Country if I don't make the soccer team (and don't commit suicide)

PS. Our captain is a god. He's faster than the sprinters and does distance. He's endorsed by Puma. I think he has a 3 summit min. mile.

I'm in 8th. I love running the mile, my best time is 5:44. I have improved sufficiently over the past few years, in 6th grade my best time on the mile was 8:32.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I'm a HS junior (Illinois) and I run Cross Country (in the fall). Average runner. I find it fun, and it's good to know that you're keeping in shape during the fall season. I'll add more if this thread still survives into fall 2009. :)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I'm doing spring track to get in shape for soccer. Distance. pretty much avg. 5 miles a day, 6+ on Saturdays. I like it - but I hate meets. I can't keep a fast enough pace long enough. But during practices I'm the one who runs most and fastest :wall:

Anyway, My best mile is only 6:13, and my 800 (set it today) is 2:44:9. Not great, but I don't entirely mind too much, as long as I improve. Only a few meets left though.

And the over-me-classmen (I'm a freshman) all know me as well. Apparently I look like some guy, last name Rooney, who did track before... but he was really bad ("if they add the first name, you're f***ed" said the one who started it). And I'm the kid who stiffarmed another to beat him (I lost a second... and lost). :roll: Instincts.

I'll probably do winter next year, and maybe Cross-Country if I don't make the soccer team (and don't commit suicide)

PS. Our captain is a god. He's faster than the sprinters and does distance. He's endorsed by Puma. I think he has a 3 summit min. mile.

we had a kid like that. he was a freshman named jake. he would run his race pace at practice and would attempt to beat the best freshman (lol)

he dropped the baton in his first 4 by 8 and his best mile was a 6:29? he never really improved.

one day jake challenged me to a "race" for our two mile recovery run.

i ran the first mile in 5:50 and the second in 5:55.. it takes 12:00 to qualify for districts in the 3200. so basically if the coach saw me i could have qualified for the two mile, but i'll save my energy for next XC season

What part of the Tip.It team made this the "Official" running thread?

I only run when i run away from someone like security guards.

+ my smoker lungs can't really handle a lot of stress on them

dang u must hang with the cool kids too? 8-)

I have a good pace when it comes to practice, but it's too slow to be an effective race pace. And I can't run faster long enough. I just do worse at meets :wall:

And this Rooney only looks like me, remember. But most people just say all red-heads look the same. :P

Ughhh...

track meet today. Ran terrible, 30 seconds into the mile I twisted my ankle, ended up getting a 5:45 :wall: Got a 2:39 in 800, didn't PR there either.

Current 1600 PR: 5:39

Current 800 PR: 2:30

Current 400 PR: 1:01

2nd best distance runner on my middle school team.

That's great for middle school. I wish our middle school had made me do track lol. Apparently they had a track team but I didn't know 'till like yesterday.

PS. this track season is the first time I've done track/effectively run. The rest of the distance team did soccer in the fall, and one Freshman who did track since like 6th grade (he's pretty much a captain but he's freshman... he's a great guy). Then there's me and two others who've never really run before.

Skatepank has a point, I think there's a rule about calling a thread "The Official [insert whatever here] Thread".

I'm going to start running once summer starts, mainly to get in much better shape for hockey, rugby, and football. Two years ago, I tried long distance running, and found that despite being out of shape, I can still give a decent performance. I figure that if I was in better shape, I'd be a great longer, it almost seems to me like my body is made for running. Almost all of my strength is in my legs, I'm tall, and find that I have pretty good endurance.

And yes, I think everyone loves running. Except indoors, that is horrible.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Ughhh...

track meet today. Ran terrible, 30 seconds into the mile I twisted my ankle, ended up getting a 5:45 :wall: Got a 2:39 in 800, didn't PR there either.

Current 1600 PR: 5:39

Current 800 PR: 2:30

Current 400 PR: 1:01

2nd best distance runner on my middle school team.

very impressive for middle school. how long have you been running?

your 800 time is a bit weak considering your other times are so good though. you should be able to pr at 2:26. it will come with age.

okay i got a little carried away with the title. it has been changed.

Unless you count a ungracious, epileptic wobbling as running then yeah, I run.

If I even jog for 15 minutes, I'm flat on my face.

if your ever looking to be able to do a healthy jog, start off by running 5 minutes and walking 5 minutes. very good for beginners who are out of shape.

I'm a distance runner my bests are

800: 2:14

400: 57

1600: 5:50

I don't do 1600s but I have before, I'm best at 800 but do 400 for adrenaline.

I'm a freshman and I have 3 years to beat my school' record 800 of 1:59.

I'm a distance runner my bests are

800: 2:14

400: 57

1600: 5:50

I don't do 1600s but I have before, I'm best at 800 but do 400 for adrenaline.

I'm a freshman and I have 3 years to beat my school' record 800 of 1:59.

your 800 time is godly but its exactly double your 400 time, meaning you could easily improve your 400. still, im guessing your probably one of the best in your district?

I run after calves to catch them before tagging & needling them. I run when I play Basketball. I run when I chase cows. You now know every instance where I run. \'

Aw, spelling mistake.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I run track. Fun stuff... Just had a track meet today at a local high school (my school does NOT have a track for it's own personal use... >.<) and we came in 4th place.... yes out of 4 teams so what?

I run in the 4X8 relay... we came in first in that, time of like 10:15?(something close to that.

My split in the 4X8 was something like 2:37? I think that is my PR (only had 3 track meets so far, the rest were cancelled...)

Then I ran in the 300m hurdles... for the first time ever. I fell once, lol, but I stayed in my lane and got back up and finished.I don't know my time, I was just happy I finished the race.... I only fell once.... another kid from my school fell twice last meet.

Then we ran the 4X4 and came in second on that one...I can't remember our time.

So those are my times. l Really suck at track lol.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

one, two, three, four, five.

sorry, i'm not trying to disrespect, but its been dead for five months. any arguments are basically irrelevant in this case.

I run track. Fun stuff... Just had a track meet today at a local high school (my school does NOT have a track for it's own personal use... >.<) and we came in 4th place.... yes out of 4 teams so what?

I run in the 4X8 relay... we came in first in that, time of like 10:15?(something close to that.

My split in the 4X8 was something like 2:37? I think that is my PR (only had 3 track meets so far, the rest were cancelled...)

Then I ran in the 300m hurdles... for the first time ever. I fell once, lol, but I stayed in my lane and got back up and finished.I don't know my time, I was just happy I finished the race.... I only fell once.... another kid from my school fell twice last meet.

Then we ran the 4X4 and came in second on that one...I can't remember our time.

So those are my times. l Really suck at track lol.

my 4 x 4 team has had so many people switched and stuff that we didnt win a single race this year.

once we had a dream team (one sprinter, me, the best distance runner, a 400 runner) and we think we qualified for districts however nobody got our time -.- and we still didnt win the race the other team was amazing

one, two, three, four, five.

sorry, i'm not trying to disrespect, but its been dead for five months. any arguments are basically irrelevant in this case.

And yet, this topic is virtually identical. It's called a bump. :(

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3