The Running Thread

noble_aloof

one, two, three, four, five.

sorry, i'm not trying to disrespect, but its been dead for five months. any arguments are basically irrelevant in this case.

And yet, this topic is virtually identical. It's called a bump. :(

alright man, whatever. running is a big part of my life right now and it's been taking away from how much time i spend on TIF and runescape. i just thought i would share (and get others to share) their information and experiences from running. by posting this thread i'm making up for the time im spending away from two great communities. if you insist on being a little [bleep]ing kid about it and bump up a 5 month old thread to prove a point: by all means, do it. if its improving your self esteem knowing that your taking away people (and relevance) from a thriving thread, knock yourself out.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stop posting on your thread now. I'm not trying to flame you or make me look better. Running is a huge part of my life as well, and takes up a lot of my time.

- Do what you like.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

yeah my practice got rained out today.

our varsity got crushed at the "joran" relays last night. such a shame we got moved to a bigger division.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

My class ran the 800m for the first time this year last tuesday. Our teacher was pretty much gobsmacked by how unfit we all are, the entire class averaged about.. 5-6 minutes? Most of my class aren't fat or obese, mostly average or thinner, but apparantly we all have very unhealthy hearts/lungs. I'm trying to improve my time (and general fitness), so I don't un-run myself into an early grave. (By the way, class of 13-14 year olds.)

My class ran the 800m for the first time this year last tuesday. Our teacher was pretty much gobsmacked by how unfit we all are, the entire class averaged about.. 5-6 minutes? Most of my class aren't fat or obese, mostly average or thinner, but apparantly we all have very unhealthy hearts/lungs. I'm trying to improve my time (and general fitness), so I don't un-run myself into an early grave. (By the way, class of 13-14 year olds.)

even the thin kids, without much training or form run terrible at first. in 6th grade my mile was maybe a 9:37? hell, my first cross country race was a 15:38.

running is healthy for your lungs and its a great cardio workout, however later in life, your joints will feel it (unfortunatly)

This thread inspired me to google my track captain - and he has his own website. here's some of the times I found:

400: 49 seconds (1st)

Mile: 4:24 (1st) (school record)

800: 1:57 (1st)

So yeah. We have a pretty great team overall. Fastest 100 runner time 10.1 (I think), high jump 6' 2", great sprinters for 400 and hurdles, and pretty good throwers (I think, I don't normally see them).

Oh, and compared to the other towns we've competed against, I've deduced we also have the best-looking team. :thumbup:

This thread inspired me to google my track captain - and he has his own website. here's some of the times I found:

So yeah. We have a pretty great team overall. Fastest 100 runner time 10.1 (I think), high jump 6' 2", great sprinters for 400 and hurdles, and pretty good throwers (I think, I don't normally see them).

Oh, and compared to the other towns we've competed against, I've deduced we also have the best-looking team. :thumbup:

Those are pretty amazing times. Do you run the 32?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

First, sorry about being an [wagon] earlier.

Second, I was going to stay away, but couldn't. :P

Today our team went to a varsity-only meet, with the exception on one fresh-soph race, a 200, 200, 400, and 800 medley relay. I ran the 400 leg, and PR'd with a 57.5, which I'm pretty with as a freshman.

We had a sophmore qualify for state in the 3200M with a 9:26, and overall won 8 events as well as the meet.

1ekn0o.jpg

I used to run competitively, kinda just gave up, don't really enjoy it..

I'm still a good runner though. Dunno any times though.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Those are pretty amazing times. Do you run the 32?

I personally don't run the deuce, but his time is 10:27 (not sure if it's his best). The best in the league belongs to a freshman at another school - 9:40 ish :shock:

What bout sprinting?

My best mate won Australian nationals when he was 14 (racing other 14 year olds of course, not talking opens) in 100M but idk what his time was, I'll ask when I see him tonight (nohomo)

AussiePride-1.jpg

~>St Jonno<~

tomorrow i have a double practice.. one at 9am and one at 4pm, not sure why

i managed to get a hold of the time sheet for districts. thankfully the 400 meter dash only has one race, no trials.

godly. this gets me thinking though- where i could view my school records? ::'

If it's anything like my school, it might be on their website (assuming it has one).

15cbz0y.jpg

My best mile time is 6:50. I plan on breaking 6 minutes by the end of July or August.

at the end of november, my best mile was a 6:41

somehow over the winter by training once a week and skiing three days a week, the first time i timed myself around the track in late feb. it was 5:58- almost like magic.

Jeez reading all of this is so depressing. I barely ever run anywhere. Only time I ever ran a mile took me about 8/9 minutes... that was last summer at school -.-

Just did the hardest track practice of the year today.

4 x 500, with 3 minute rests. 63 seconds at the quarter, then pick up the last 100.

4 x 150, 28 seconds each with a slow 150 jog in between.

I totally hit a wall. :wall:

1ekn0o.jpg

Did an easy 3 miles today at practice. It was really slow, but I felt pretty good so I'm happy since I usually die.

15cbz0y.jpg

4 x 500, with 3 minute rests. 63 seconds at the quarter, then pick up the last 100.

i had my first legit workout with the sprinters yesterday.

in this order: 200, 400, 600, 200.

the 200's were supposed to be < 30

the 400 was supposed to be < 70

the 600 was supposed to just work on our form

i beleive we had a 60 second break in between each

being a distance runner, my lungs felt like they were going to explode.

my hip is getting bad now, so after districts on saturday im done with running for two weeks, minimum.

i jogged a mile today :ugeek:

This is on his personal site, I'm not sure if you can find school records.

My best mile time is 6:50. I plan on breaking 6 minutes by the end of July or August.

You probably could :thumbup:

I can't run for more than a minute without getting extreme pain in my knees and ankles.

Do stretches to work on that, particularly lunges (I think - don't trust me too much). Don't overwork yourself, and look into better shoes if you want to seriously run. I had knee pain, but I got new shoes and now it's mostly gone. Only stress is during lunges and deep stretches like that on my knees.

Jeez reading all of this is so depressing. I barely ever run anywhere. Only time I ever ran a mile took me about 8/9 minutes... that was last summer at school -.-

That means there's plenty of room for improvement :thumbup:

Is that for sprinting :shock: ? We did a 12 x 400 workout in distance because our meet was cancelled. My goal time (based on my PR mile) was 92 seconds - kept hitting an avg. of 85 (more proof of how much better I am at practices)

Woo, track meet today! Broke my 1600 PR!!! :D

New PR is 5:31.

Congrats, I also broke my PR on Thursday \:D/ From 6:14 to 6:04 ::' Sub 6 next week, is my goal.

tomorrow is districts.

i run a 60 and the best kid runs a 54. hopefully i'll be put in the third heat and i'll be able to pr if i don't fall apart.

Big meet tomorrow, last time I run the mile this year, so going to try and break 5:00 (I only need to shave a second off each lap). Last time, my 400 splits were 72, 75, 80, and 78, so I really need to work on keeping it up my third lap.

My coach lent me some sweet [bleep]es today :P

1ekn0o.jpg