The Running Thread

noble_aloof

nice! varsity districts are tonight, records are expected to be broken, i'll post the results tomorrow.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got sectionals on Saturday ( same as districts in High school, except I'm in 8th grade). I'm running the 800m, state qualifying time is 2:15 (or top 2) and my PR is only 2:33. I figured the only relative chance I have of making state is to go way above my 800m pace , try to keep up with the kids in front, and see how long I can last without throwing up/collapsing \'

I'm gonna try to push myself to the absolute limit. Seriously, I'm gonna try to make myself believe that a tiger is running after me or something :-#

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I got sectionals on Saturday ( same as districts in High school, except I'm in 8th grade). I'm running the 800m, state qualifying time is 2:15 (or top 2) and my PR is only 2:33. I figured the only relative chance I have of making state is to go way above my 800m pace , try to keep up with the kids in front, and see how long I can last without throwing up/collapsing \'

I'm gonna try to push myself to the absolute limit. Seriously, I'm gonna try to make myself believe that a tiger is running after me or something :-#

its all about controlling your thoughts. if you run the first lap at your pace and then run the second lap like an all-out 400 you should be able to get a great time. competition is the most important thing.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

2:15 is state qualifying?!? What state do you live in?

I could've placed in that..

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

2:15 is state qualifying?!? What state do you live in?

I could've placed in that..

Illinois...

its all about controlling your thoughts. if you run the first lap at your pace and then run the second lap like an all-out 400 you should be able to get a great time. competition is the most important thing.

Yeah, but I don't just want a great time. I want to push myself to the absolute limit and see if i can qualify. If I do what you say I will get about a 2:25.

Yeah, but I don't just want a great time. I want to push myself to the absolute limit and see if i can qualify. If I do what you say I will get about a 2:25.

if i was in your position, i would bomb it. hell, what have you got to lose? i would make sure, however that i had a protein bar and gatorade pre-race and had pasta/pizza the night before.

in a related note: i found recently that i can get into my "zone" by simply vizualizing a fictional or actual race. getting your heart beating at the starting line can really help. it's kind of weird. today in latin i just started thinking about a 400 i won by .2 or something. i re-created the whole race.. my heart started beating and it was a new form of entertainment. yippie.

There's a lot of fancy things you can do, but basically, just go out really fast, and stick with it. If you manage to get in front in the first 100 then just push it knowing that everyone is behind, you'll do great :P

And dang, I should've done track in middle school. I live in Illinois, and could run ~2:11 800M in 8th grade.

1ekn0o.jpg

if i was in your position, i would bomb it. hell, what have you got to lose? i would make sure, however that i had a protein bar and gatorade pre-race and had pasta/pizza the night before.

in a related note: i found recently that i can get into my "zone" by simply vizualizing a fictional or actual race. getting your heart beating at the starting line can really help. it's kind of weird. today in latin i just started thinking about a 400 i won by .2 or something. i re-created the whole race.. my heart started beating and it was a new form of entertainment. yippie.

I'm eating a bunch of spaghetti the night before ::'

There's a lot of fancy things you can do, but basically, just go out really fast, and stick with it. If you manage to get in front in the first 100 then just push it knowing that everyone is behind, you'll do great :P

And dang, I should've done track in middle school. I live in Illinois, and could run ~2:11 800M in 8th grade.

yeah, what can you run now? What grade are you in?

yeah, what can you run now? What grade are you in?

I'm hoping to break 2:05 at conference this Friday; my current PR is 2:06.3. I'm a freshman now.

1ekn0o.jpg

well to make it to state you need 2:01-1:57.5 ( depends what class your in). You will probably be able to break that sophomore/junior year easy

well to make it to state you need 2:01-1:57.5 ( depends what class your in). You will probably be able to break that sophomore/junior year easy

Our state qualifying time is 1:57.

our districts qualifying time (for freshmen) was 2:20.. we didn't have any guys make it but there is a freshman girl on varsity who runs a 2:27 :wall:

our school is known for our 800 runners, looks like we'll be having a rough future.

Godofwar - I was just thinking about this, but what "state" were you talking about? There's no state meet for middle schools.

Getting ready for conference in two days - I'm preparing to run a ~4:45 mile (the other fastest freshman is a 4:44, but he's injured). I'm in DVC, which is notorious for being the toughest conference in the state.

1ekn0o.jpg

I hate track but I do it anyway. I usually win my races (posted PR back on thread). But shoild I do Cross Country? I do distance in track and stuff, but CC?....Hmm brutal.

CC is more endurance than anything.

I honestly have no clue why I can't run more than a mile and a half without just feeling so drained. Ever since I've been depressed I had no energy to do anything.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Godofwar - I was just thinking about this, but what "state" were you talking about? There's no state meet for middle schools.

There are state meets for middle schools...

:?

:? My middle school decided not to compete? Meh.

There are several kids at my old middle school running under the time you said but aren't going anywhere. Weird.

1ekn0o.jpg

There are several kids at my old middle school running under the time you said but aren't going anywhere. Weird.

It is, the state meet this year is May 22-23, Friday-Saturday.

It is, the state meet this year is May 22-23, Friday-Saturday.

most middle schools around here just combine with the local highschool teams due to lack of funding and lack of facilities. its only the 15 year old black kids on creatin or super-dedicated early growers who would have any chance in pennsylvania junior high.

PR'd again today, 5:52 mile. League season's over, but I still get to go to practices, but now it's optional. There are more meets, but they're more for other people- however I was invited to run this Saturday, in a 4x800 - wasn't expecting to be called though, I'll have to get more details.

I run about a 4:30 mile. Not particularly fast, but then again, it's all about stamina for me. I think I got 11.1 over the 100m, and 2.9 something over the 20m.

I've never been that fast a runner. Last time I wore The Tracker in a game, I think I only registered "sprinting" (over 22kph or something) for a tad over 800m :lol: Got a reasonable 17.9km though, which wasn't too bad for 70 minutes game time.

SoLawny.png