The Running Thread

noble_aloof

I have the Nike+ too, w/ my iPod Touch 2G (the receiver is integrated). It's pretty sweet. A huge tip: only put the sensor in your shoes when you're working out. The battery life sucks. No joke. Don't rely on sleep button (the small button under the chip). It doesn't tell you if it's in sleep mode or not, and occasionally it will reactivate on its own, and more than likely get stuck in sleep mode. If you have any of these issues, just reboot your iPod. If you know how to use it correctly, these flaws are nothing compared to the overall epic win. And for those of you wanting the sensor but don't have any iPod, they have a standalone Nike+ Sportsband that does the same thing. Plus, they just released their new site, and it's awesome.

tipitsig.png

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Track/Cross Country coach just called my house to tell me there is an XC practice in 2 days, 7-8:15 p.m. :o

It wasn't to bad but harder then expected. My lips taste salty now.

My toes hurt kind of bad, I think my shoes are to small.

I love buying new shoes for running...

While I have this cigarette I must ask if you have any reccomendations?

It's embarassing I already need new ones because in the Spring they were snug but I told my parents they were fine, I was heavily influenced because of their look and them being my school's colors. (red and black).

Asic's...buy the Asics...I love them...trust me they are VERY good shoes...

If not, go for Nike

oh hey guys sorry i haven't been getting on these forums much lately. i found a great site for mapping out running routes:

http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/

check it out if you don't already use it

i just got done with my first full running week since i got home from vacation. i ran 24.2 miles from saturday-saturday. according to my training schedule (given by my coach) this week was supposed to be 16 miles, so it appears i have taken my game up a notch and have somehow avoided injury. i have also been informed that the #3 xc runner in my grade may not run this coming fall due to wrestling commitments. although i'll really miss him as a teammate, this gives me a great opportunity to take the #3 spot.

and also, tell me what you think about this video :shock:

[hide=WOW][yt]2xIzuyjCcZk[/yt][/hide]

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I'm pretty sure I posted that on the 2nd page or so ::'

@Skill Caster - Unless you wear your running shoes as everyday shoes, it's fine to leave the sensor in, and doesn't help to take it out.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I'm pretty sure I posted that on the 2nd page or so ::'

oh darnit. still very helpful for people who don't use nike+ or have one of those fancy garmins.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I'm going to Stanford University next week for a 4 day Cross country Camp...Get to stay there too...

Oh the pain that will come from this...

I'm going to Stanford University next week for a 4 day Cross country Camp...Get to stay there too...

uh oh

I'm not as fast as I was in the Spring. We did 800s today and I felt slow as hell. I have come to the conclusion it is because there are only 3 girls. lol

yeah there aren't many girls on my team either. i'd feel left out if i was a female.

---

I've been running an awful lot and i'm seeing results. i saw an ad for an endurance supplement in a runner's world magazine. these 5 different supplements are made especially for endurance athletes. i'm looking to stay lean while still building a little bit of muscle. this supplement claims to increase cardio endurance and give more energy (there is some caffeine involved)

tell me what you think: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?pr ... eIgniter4X

yeah i was actually wondering about that after i posted my response.. hahaha. i know this hilarious upcoming freshman.. his strategy? stay right behind the leading girl for the majority of the race then give the finish all you've got. he's a perv.

yeah i was actually wondering about that after i posted my response.. hahaha. i know this hilarious upcoming freshman.. his strategy? stay right behind the leading girl for the majority of the race then give the finish all you've got. he's a perv.

We're pretty much the exact opposite, with twice as many girls as guys. Also, we don't run races together.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

uh oh

The good thing is it's a week or two before the XC season starts \'

Other than that I get to go to a party tomorrow at the beach for our XC team :D

uh oh

The good thing is it's a week or two before the XC season starts \'

Other than that I get to go to a party tomorrow at the beach for our XC team :D

party at the beach? lucky.

I'm gonna do 4-5 miles today and probably a track workout tomorrow. yee haw

Are running shoes made from processed cow [cabbage]? They all look horrible...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I often take about a 5 mile track down near my park, we have a nice winding track that goes gently uphill and downhill that is a nice run on. I run it just about every day I can, after school usually. I often listen to disturbed, linkin park, and breaking benjamin when running, as they aren't as heavy as my other songs and keep me pumped. I average about 8 minutes per mile, so the entire run takes me just under an hour. I often just walk halfway back to cool down and then start the run again at around the 3rd mile so I don't get any muscle problems.

I don't strive for the body of an athlete, I usually do it for recreation, fun, relaxation, and to keep fit. I prefer to use running to keep my weight down (I will always put on weight due to muscle development in the calves and hips, but as long as I don't have any excess fat I'm cool :)).

I hate competitive running also. I prefer to run without any pressure, time constraints, etc. And having people watching me run and dissapointed if I lose is not a feeling I like. I prefer to be more timid :P like for example, I was going to come in the top 5 in my cross country at school, but pulled back to 10th place because they MAKE you enter the whole competitive crap. So stupid :wall:

As for running shoes, I usually just use plain sneakers. I don't throw tons of money at a corporation that makes the shoes for $5 overseas anyway. It's not right and, personally, a waste of my money.

disturbeda.png

Is there a large gap between Division 1 and Division 2 track? We may be moving from D1 to D2 this coming year (I pray to God we do :pray: ), and I was wondering if we do (we should) go down a division, is the competition weaker? Because sometimes I get 3rd or 4th place with a 2:20 800 time.

I'm sick of the bull, I want to race against obese kids who get times over 3 minutes!

That Stanford Cross country camp was amazing...Lot of running and hill work outs, core training and fun games...Brutal though...My core muscles are still sore though...

2 more weeks till Official XC season practice \'

I know I'm disrupting a good running conversation, but I am very proud of myself right now. At the beginning of June, when I started going to the gym, I could only run/jog for around 8 minutes. A month later, I was able to jog for 20 mins. Now, near the end of July (2 months after going to the gym), I can SPRINT for a full 10 minutes. I just set the treadmill to max and run til I can't stop. I can feel my lungs are a lot bigger now, and my legs are becoming nice and strong (not from running but from hack squats and other weightlifting machines). I don't know how long I can job for, since I only have around an hour and a half of training time at the gym and I need to work out my arms too :lol:

AAaaahhhh it feels good to be healthy. :thumbsup:

hiccup.png

I've been lazy so far this summer. I'm going to be a wreck when I go for XC training in August with my school's team :-#

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Running is a waste of time unless you're in a sport. If you're doing it for weight loss, you could burn almost the same amount of calories per mile walking at a brisk pace than running. Cycling also burns nearly as many.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."