The Running Thread

noble_aloof

Lol running... I run out of breathe way too fast, but I am quite a fast sprinter. So yeah, I have the cardiovascular endurance of an obese man and the speed of a black man. :)

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big meet tomorrow, last time I run the mile this year, so going to try and break 5:00 (I only need to shave a second off each lap). Last time, my 400 splits were 72, 75, 80, and 78, so I really need to work on keeping it up my third lap.

My coach lent me some sweet [bleep]es today :P

How much do [bleep]es help? I haven't been using them, but maybe I'll get my friends to share.

On tuesday I got my PR(!) I finally got sub 2:30 (my goal for the season), and that was in the 4X8 relay at League!

I was happy, we came in 5th and actually that was the only even we placed in for that day. Sad isn't it? :thumbsup:

Then on thursday we did the 800 run... that was a disaster. I ran a 2:33... stupid people running in my lane :wall:

Oh well, hopefully I get better by soccer season \'

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

On tuesday I got my PR(!) I finally got sub 2:30 (my goal for the season), and that was in the 4X8 relay at League!

I was happy, we came in 5th and actually that was the only even we placed in for that day. Sad isn't it? :thumbsup:

Then on thursday we did the 800 run... that was a disaster. I ran a 2:33... stupid people running in my lane :wall:

I got my PR of 2:33 in the 800 today !

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I run on my own, mostly so I'm not winded for lacrosse, basketball, soccer and mixed martial arts, I usually run on my road and not on the track or anything, always listening to my iPod.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

I got my PR of 2:33 in the 800 today !

lol, that was my average for this season... idk how I did it... our 4X8 finally got below 10:00 on that race that I PRed...Oh the fastest team was something like an 8:50ish? i'm not entirely sure but it was quite fast. Insanely fast.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Has anyone here done the Beep Test? At the beginning of the semester I got halfway through level 5, and now I am at level 7. I remember having a really high level in highschool, so now I'm just working on getting my endurance back. Level 7 is around 7 minutes of sprinting non-stop, around 1.1k cumulative distance (wiki beep-test).

hiccup.png

Has anyone here done the Beep Test? At the beginning of the semester I got halfway through level 5, and now I am at level 7. I remember having a really high level in highschool, so now I'm just working on getting my endurance back. Level 7 is around 7 minutes of sprinting non-stop, around 1.1k cumulative distance (wiki beep-test).

Yes! Done that several times, I haven't taken it for about a year though, when I got a 5-ish I think.

track:

400m:best time official time was 60.84 but was expected to run better in the next meet which i missed due to faimly.I would of a had a chance for 1st in this came in 2nd with that time

200M:26.80s i would of gotten 3rd in league but yet i again i missed the championship tourney

100M:12.80 only ran 100m once during season but i would of gotten 3rd

800m:best time would of been 2.25 but with 200 meters left i got a cramp on my left leg but best time i ever gotten was 2.47 during a practice run.

1600:6.25 im not much of a long distance person but we had some people who ran it inunder 5.30

long jump:16'6 best i ever jumped got me second in league

i wore nike track shoes with almost worn out [bleep]es

my pregames meal would be peaches or plums or a candy bar and some water

oh btw im a 14 year old in 8th grade so its middle school league meets ive been in only.

Mustangs407.png

Yeah, I made it to 16 when I did the beep test, so they must be different in different places.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

track:

400m:best time official time was 60.84 but was expected to run better in the next meet which i missed due to faimly.I would of a had a chance for 1st in this came in 2nd with that time

200M:26.80s i would of gotten 3rd in league but yet i again i missed the championship tourney

100M:12.80 only ran 100m once during season but i would of gotten 3rd

800m:best time would of been 2.25 but with 200 meters left i got a cramp on my left leg but best time i ever gotten was 2.47 during a practice run.

1600:6.25 im not much of a long distance person but we had some people who ran it inunder 5.30

long jump:16'6 best i ever jumped got me second in league

i wore nike track shoes with almost worn out [bleep]es

my pregames meal would be peaches or plums or a candy bar and some water

oh btw im a 14 year old in 8th grade so its middle school league meets ive been in only.

A nearby HS had a kid long jump but it was raked poorly and he ended up face planting on the edge of the pit... his distance was like 22 feet though...

:ohnoes:

dats what happen to me at the 1st meet i had a bad jump i dont know how it happen i landed slipped and face planted sand all over my face i got 5'7 my 3nd best though the best kid in my league jumped 19 feet he was 3 feet better than i was

Mustangs407.png

just got back from districts.

terrible sunburn...

i got third in my heat for the 400, i got a PR at 60.54 but the best kid ran like 52.6?!?!??

our 4x8 team won their heat but placed 8th overall, they handed them medals and then said "oh wait, you were the slow race!" -.-

our 4 x 1 team tripped and got dqed.

our #1 and #2 mile runners got 7th and 8th in the 1600.

basically we got crushed

i'm glad its all over, i'm starting to fall apart and soon ill be able to relax and swim.

freedom! (for a few weeks at least)

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

got my PR 5:39 in the 1600 today ::'

So yesterday I got my PR in the 800 ( 2:33), and today i got my PR in the 1600... I feel accomplished :)

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Lost in 800 in a big [wagon] meet yesterday. The guy who beat me got 2:04. DAY-UMN! Division 1, if we had 2 less people in our school we would be Division 2, praying 3 people move this summer. :pray:

But I think I have shin splints, whenever I point my toes upwards my shins ache. Bad sign?

I just ran a 4:54 1600M@@@@@@ :twss:

I won that, and our 4x800 team made an amazing comeback with our anchor literally making up 45M in the last 100 (we won by less than a second). The guy he passed dived for the finish line but still lost.

The funny thing was, our anchor ran a 2:00.8 when his PR is around 1:54. I guess today he just had a slow race until the end.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

At my school, all of the long distance runners are lanky white kids and the short distance runners are muscular black guys. It just gave me a chuckle when I realized that the other day. :P

At my school, all of the long distance runners are lanky white kids and the short distance runners are muscular black guys. It just gave me a chuckle when I realized that the other day. :P

And the distance are a lot tougher too.

my school is 80% latino so for us are 100m are mexicans are 200 meters mexicans 400m mexicans 800m mexican and are 1600m mexicans oh and i forgot hurdles a white guy the only person on are team that starts thats not latin we dont got much black kids in are school so were all mexican runners that are great at long distance

Mustangs407.png

my school is 80% latino so for us are 100m are mexicans are 200 meters mexicans 400m mexicans 800m mexican and are 1600m mexicans oh and i forgot hurdles a white guy the only person on are team that starts thats not latin we dont got much black kids in are school so were all mexican runners that are great at long distance

my school is basically a 98% white jesuit highschool :?

we have one black kid who we have do about 4 events, real cool kid but his knee gave out from running so much

we have a really good "white" guy who qualified for 4 things in districts( 200,400,300,110)

for cross country when we were a AAA team (we got moved to AA this year)- we won states 5/6 times from 2000-2006, completely epic.

i think ANY team can contribute success to discipline, dedication, an awesome coach, and teamwork. it also helps if you don't have any whiny [girl dogs] on your team.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

So I've just started track this year, because it's the first time our school's had a track team in six years or something (small schools = fail =P). Either way, we don't have a true track, so we can't measure exact distances, but I come in on as close to 400 as we can measure at 1:01. I'm going to zone championships in two weeks in the 200 and the 400 (and long jump, but that's a little beside the point XD). So basically, I come in here for encouragement and tips =P

Also going in the 4x100 and possibly the 4x400 relays. Should be fun, even if I expect to do consistently mediocre =P The only bad thing is that we have to leave at 5:30AM and not get back until sometime after 11:00PM. This is what comes from living way the hell out in the middle of nowhereland =)

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.