The Running Thread

noble_aloof

I need to do a long distance run today, maybe 3 to 5 miles...

I saw results from a Track and Field Meet...Someone from Kenya ran a 3:29 1500 with the second place being 3:30...

The Same meet I think, an Ethiopian ran a 13 flat for a 5k with second place being 13:01...

Holy crap those times are insane :shock: :shock: :shock:

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to do a long distance run today, maybe 3 to 5 miles...

I saw results from a Track and Field Meet...Someone from Kenya ran a 3:29 1500 with the second place being 3:30...

The Same meet I think, an Ethiopian ran a 13 flat for a 5k with second place being 13:01...

Holy crap those times are insane :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0186421242

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0843788583

knightsoforderse9.png

Dooo it...It gets you in shape for any sport after that...just us...

aside from the running of massive amounts of miles each week you might enjoy it

Ha I'm not some mildly fat girl going to do it just because her friends do it, miles don't scare me!!!!!!!!!

U.S.A!!!!

But what? Do they just randomly gather 50-100+ kids and just release them into the woods? Or are there heats like track? Do boys run with girls? (Self-esteem boost running by girls.)

Ha I'm not some mildly fat girl going to do it just because her friends do it, miles don't scare me!!!!!!!!!

U.S.A!!!!

But what? Do they just randomly gather 50-100+ kids and just release them into the woods? Or are there heats like track? Do boys run with girls? (Self-esteem boost running by girls.)

Depends where you live, for me, its there a course which you must run on and the heast are set up like this.

F/S Boys

F/S Girls

JV Boys

JV Girls

Varsity Boys

Varsity Girls

Yea...that's basically how it is in my hometown...

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys. i just got back from 10 days at the beach. i ran 8 out of 10 days and i logged two really impressive times.

i ran two miles (completely flat terrain) in 11:39.

later in the week i ran two miles in 11:59 but a 5:34 mile on the way back :D new personal best for me

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

do you need nike+ shoes to use it? nike+ really seems epic i'm dying to try it

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I just got the Nike+ sensor for my iPod. It's completely full of win. And awesomeness. And pwnage.

What does it do...?

I got a 4th of July Fun Run tomorrow...To bad its a 5k :(

All you have to do is duct-tape the sensor to your current shoe and calibrate it by running once around a track (or input your own distance and run that). If you don't want to tape it, you can find lace-in pouches that hold them for $5-$10 at most running stores.

I just got the Nike+ sensor for my iPod. It's completely full of win. And awesomeness. And pwnage.

What does it do...?

Amg, so do I.

Nike+ is a sensor that goes on your shoe, and a wireless transmitter that attaches to your iPod. After you calibrate it and enter your weight, it can tell you how far you've run, how fast, how many calories you've burned, and graph the speed of your run when you upload it to your computer. You can also enter in competitions and races to see who can run the most or fastest by a certain date.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

All you have to do is duct-tape the sensor to your current shoe and calibrate it by running once around a track (or input your own distance and run that). If you don't want to tape it, you can find lace-in pouches that hold them for $5-$10 at most running stores.

What does it do...?

Amg, so do I.

Nike+ is a sensor that goes on your shoe, and a wireless transmitter that attaches to your iPod. After you calibrate it and enter your weight, it can tell you how far you've run, how fast, how many calories you've burned, and graph the speed of your run when you upload it to your computer. You can also enter in competitions and races to see who can run the most or fastest by a certain date.

That seems different from what mine says...All it tells me to do is walk around to activate the Sensor...which I think is in my Ipod...

I'll try it out sometime...maybe...

hmmm would it be possible to put the chip under my shoe-lace? it seems like it would be a perfect fit

hmmm would it be possible to put the chip under my shoe-lace? it seems like it would be a perfect fit

343087568_7e9c031b09.jpg

With a bit of tape, yes. :)

i'm gonna go buy the sensor and chip, in that case.

My Track/Cross Country coach just called my house to tell me there is an XC practice in 2 days, 7-8:15 p.m. :o

That's good, He's getting you set and in shape before the Season starts :P

My Track/Cross Country coach just called my house to tell me there is an XC practice in 2 days, 7-8:15 p.m. :o

It wasn't to bad but harder then expected. My lips taste salty now.

My toes hurt kind of bad, I think my shoes are to small.

I love buying new shoes for running...

I love buying new shoes for running...

While I have this cigarette I must ask if you have any reccomendations?

It's embarassing I already need new ones because in the Spring they were snug but I told my parents they were fine, I was heavily influenced because of their look and them being my school's colors. (red and black).