The Running Thread

noble_aloof

Ran a bit today, Little less than 2 miles...

Did 5 laps on the track pretty hard then 2 200 Hard with a walk lap after. After than did a 200 jog to the 200 start and did the last part of the lap hard.

Felt good to do that...

Nice, I feel like running tomorrow morning, gonna set up a course of about 5-6 miles on google earth :thumbsup:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do big, meaty, lucious calves make you run faster or slower?

I lost my appetite.

Well, I've got rather small, and a seemingly non-changing calve size, no matter how much I exercise. My endurance and overall fitness will increase and decrease dramatically but my calves will stay the same. I don't think they affect much.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Do big, meaty, lucious calves make you run faster or slower?

I have nice calves and can outsprint a lot of people, but with distances of say 5 miles, I start to fade.

They make you run faster, but the extra weight wears you down when running long distance. Thats why all the Olympic sprinters have big [wagon] calves while the marathon runners have a lot less muscle in the legs.

That run I did today was not good for my knee, Starting to hurt like crap...Its like last year when i had the same problem on both my knees but it doesn't hurt to run or walk.

Hopefully it gets better before the season starts.

Little baby football players moan and [bleep] about their 2-a-days. My Cross Country practices and Soccer practices on the same day are so much harder.

Wow I'm ragin' I'm ready to rip heads at track this year.

I hate 2-a-days, cross country and soccer on the same day must be very hard.. The only time I had 2-a-days was last year when my school basketball was ending and my other basketball team was just starting. I had school and then school basketball practice and then a couple hours later the other basketball team's practice. Its not like it was hard I was just tired. I'm the kinda guy that likes to take a nap after school without any sports. Thats why I love sports practice in the morning vs after school..

I'm looking to improve my overall speed for (American) football. I'm fairly fast, but I play cornerback, so I need to improve my speed a bit. Does anyone have any drills, workouts etc to improve sprinting speed?

jjroxlu7.jpg

I'm looking to improve my overall speed for (American) football. I'm fairly fast, but I play cornerback, so I need to improve my speed a bit. Does anyone have any drills, workouts etc to improve sprinting speed?

I could probably think of some...

You could do some 40's and 100's...with a few second break. You could also do longer distance sprints like 200-400's...

So maybe something like this...

5 40's

5 100

2-3 200's

2 400's

Then again, I'm a distance runner and those could be horrible...

This is embarassing to say, even online, but I want to know if this happens to anyone else.

[hide=]While running do your guys' penis and testes dramatically shrink to be child size? Honestly every time I run, it can even be 90 degrees, after I get going my junk gets so small LOL.[/hide]

This is embarassing to say, even online, but I want to know if this happens to anyone else.

[hide=]While running do your guys' penis and testes dramatically shrink to be child size? Honestly every time I run, it can even be 90 degrees, after I get going my junk gets so small LOL.[/hide]

Not for me, I don't think so. Maybe its the sweat? :?

Nope, but thats nothing out of the ordinary. I think it is just your body's way of conserving blood for different parts of your body.

Also, regarding your question at the top of the page about calves, I came across

video, watch from 2:24-3:00. I've got small calves so its a relevant subject to me also.

Nope, but thats nothing out of the ordinary. I think it is just your body's way of conserving blood for different parts of your body.

It Think its because your heart need to get more oxygen and blood to the places that need it. Main;y when you run the leg muscles...and your arms for the arm movement while running.

First cross country practice tomorrow. It will be my first practice for a High School sport ::'

First cross country practice tomorrow. It will be my first practice for a High School sport ::'

I have till Friday...Lucky...

I've had mine since the beginning of last week.....

This is off topic but I remember one time in a race last year in like the first 400 meters some kid took off sprinting as fast as he could yelling "raaaaaaaghhh" like a battle cry as he ran as fast as he could...I passed him a little after the first mile and he was dying lol. He finished close to, if not, last place. :?

I have till Friday...Lucky...

I'm a bit nervous tbh, I don't know how many other freshman will be there. I also don't know if anyone I know will be there, my best friends are either doing football or soccer :?

Off-topic: My birthday is friday :D

I ran 2-3 hours each day. While Law crafting of course :thumbsup:
:P

First day of cross country was fun, I love running in the mornings. Its gonna suck having practice after school though :|

I ran 2-3 hours each day. While Law crafting of course :thumbsup:
:P

First day of cross country was fun, I love running in the mornings. Its gonna suck having practice after school though :|

Yep, my late practices start tomorrow, even though my school doesn't start for a couple weeks. Not looking forward to the heat, but at least I can stay up late.

Doing squats and power cleans should help iirc.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

my practice is at 6pm which really sucks. I've been lifting everyday and my coach has been making us do near 30mi weeks. he is trying out several new things that we did not do last year, some of which seem to be helping. i am one of three sophomores that actually trains with the legitimate varsity group and although i can match their mileage i have a little bit of trouble going under a 7:15 pace, especially for longer runs.

how is everyone elses season?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

my practice is at 6pm which really sucks. I've been lifting everyday and my coach has been making us do near 30mi weeks. he is trying out several new things that we did not do last year, some of which seem to be helping. i am one of three sophomores that actually trains with the legitimate varsity group and although i can match their mileage i have a little bit of trouble going under a 7:15 pace, especially for longer runs.

how is everyone elses season?

I would hate that time. I like running during the mornings because that is when I have the most energy.

::'