The Running Thread

noble_aloof

In both our regional and sectional. Jack Driggs is aiming to break 14 this year at state and have a run at Lukas Verzbicas, who won nationals last year by 15 seconds. We actually ran to York yesterday because of a 30-40 mph headwind in that direction.

I find it amazing how they can maintain their success for so many years.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i think its safe to say that we had a horrible districts race. its the end of the road for us haha. i'm fifth on my team and the kid #5 from the winning team (who i beat by 3 seconds at beginning of the season) beat my entire team starting by 10 seconds. he was still fifth for his team.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

is that for a 3 mile or a 5k?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

oh btw after i read a post here i went and watched the long green line on hulu for free. great movie.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

oh btw after i read a post here i went and watched the long green line on hulu for free. great movie.

Did the same thing.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Qualified for Sectionals. Ran like crap though, 17:58 for the League Finals...First mile was on Pace at 5:15, then the hellish conditions took hold...

Our school made history too with our VB team making sectionals for the first time in 11 years.

VG qualified for the sectional meet for the first time ever.

All around good season, probably the best team we had in 30-40 years.

that's great to hear. here in PA our #1 and #2 AA (small school) teams from my district went 1-2 teamwise in both boys and girls state races :shock:. there being 12 districts in the state its a pretty incredible feat.

About a year or two ago, my mom's friend gave me some ankle/leg weights. Would running in these ankle weights (5 lbs. each) be a wise move to make me faster, or would it be stupid?

Depends on what kind of run you are looking at. I would guess it couldn't hurt(Unless you push it too much).

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

5lb ankle weights would be murder.. i'm pretty sure the heaviest you can even buy from eastbay are 2 or 3lb and its on the same page as basketball pylometic stuff so even that is built for sprinting. instead of 5 lb ankle weights i'd rather a 10 or 15 lb weighted vest for more weight dispersal.

5lb ankle weights would be murder.. i'm pretty sure the heaviest you can even buy from eastbay are 2 or 3lb and its on the same page as basketball pylometic stuff so even that is built for sprinting. instead of 5 lb ankle weights i'd rather a 10 or 15 lb weighted vest for more weight dispersal.

Oops. I double checked. They are only 3 lbs. Not 5.

Probably going to be going to Nike Cross Nationals for the Community race they have. Got an email from them a week back so I might be running in Portland in December. That's going to be a good month.

• 3 weeks later...

^thats good to hear. enjoy it!

my winter track conditioning started today, what a great opportunity to get this thread active again :D

I guess it's time for my track goals this year. last years got messed up because as some of you know i had a twisted ankle followed by bronchitis to end my season -.-

first column are my official PRs and in parenthesis my best unofficial time and approximately when i ran my official time

second column is what i expect to run in indoor meets (only have two, optional), time trials, pre season, or exhibition meets.

third column is what i expect my season bests or post season (if any) times to be

400: 60.0 (57, '09) 56 54

800: 2:10.3( 2:08, '10) 2:08 2:04

1600: 5:12 ('10) 5:00 4:45

3000*: 13:37 (10:25 XC SPLIT, '08) 10:05 INDOOR ONLY EVENT :(

3200*: --.-- (11:00 XC SPLIT^, --) 10:30 10:05

*- events i probably won't have the opportunity to run

My 3k time is from freshman cross country. my XC split times are splits my coaches have logged from my 5k races.

lets hear some goals

400 sub 55

1600 sub 4 50 (5 22 PR)

3200 sub 11 15 (12 32 PR, 12 5k split)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Ran a charity 5k race this Saturday. Placed 10th overall in about 300 participants and first in my age category. I only recently got back into running and felt I did well in my first competition since I was twelve.

Love running, planning on completing a marathon in February or March.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Placed 100th out of 199 in the NXN Community race. Disappointing time of 20:21, haven't ran that slow since sophmore year...

Then again, I wasn't used to how muddy the course was, and it was probably about 43 degrees F at the time, so it was impossible to warm up...

Now I look forward for track...Goals include 4:30 1600 time, Sub 10 3200 time and 18 flat for LJ.

K, is there anything I can wear to keep my feet from fre fre fre fre freeezing? Last night I went out and I couldn't even feel them and I was only a mile out. Although around the 1.5 mile part all my body heat rushes into my body.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

wool socks/winter running shoes.

DM0Yq2c.png