The Running Thread

noble_aloof

I need to start running again. I remember I stopped due to the weather and just never got into it again. Good thing is I'll probably get a new pair of running shoes soon, which I needed.

j0xPu5R.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We came in 9th at the indoor state in the 4x800. Honestly none of us ran well; the meet was 2 hours behind so we ended up with 14 teams on a 6 lane, 200m track. I led off and was shoving people out of the way the entire leg.

:mellow:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Toughest month yet for track...

We did 17 400's all at sprint pace, 30 seconds rest after each, and 2 minutes rest after every 4. Few days before, did a 10 mile run, all hills with some flat land. After that, 8 mile run to a near by orchard twice this month. Today was no break with 10 300's, alternating on slow and fast to mimic catching the runners in front. Safe to say the fast 3's were all under or at 50 seconds.

We still have a 8 mile hill workout next week running to a giant cross next week.

And some good news: PR'd I the mile by 3 seconds. At 4:50. 10:57 for the second two mile for the year also. And PR'd in the 400 by a second for 57.

Well, here's to me trying to get off my lazy arse and start running. The weather's started to get better, so I think now's as good a time as any to start running. I personally want to just lose some of this fat that's accumulated in my abdomen and thighs. I'm not so worried about strength training at the moment; that can come later. I've changed everything else I can, even if it's something like just reducing the amount of fast food and the amount of soft drinks I go through each day.

So, as for running, just get up and run or something?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Well, here's to me trying to get off my lazy arse and start running. The weather's started to get better, so I think now's as good a time as any to start running. I personally want to just lose some of this fat that's accumulated in my abdomen and thighs. I'm not so worried about strength training at the moment; that can come later. I've changed everything else I can, even if it's something like just reducing the amount of fast food and the amount of soft drinks I go through each day.

So, as for running, just get up and run or something?

Pretty much. If you haven't done any running for a while then after the run your legs will hurt lafterwards.

But yeah, start off with something small, only a few miles/kms. And then start to build it up.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Hurdling for track. 3-stepped for the first time Thursday, and it was awesome. It was a relays meet, and our Shuttle Hurdle team ended up placing second. We were in the lead, but our last member wasn't the best, and the other teams final guy was running in the 15s... so yeah. Got my first medal though :)

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

i want to break 2 minutes in the 800 for track but i hate running base mileage.

this whole break i was supposed to do 5miles a day, but i only ran intervals on monday and 3 miles on thursday...

i ran a 2:08 before getting injured last year and I ran a 2:11 in crappy weather with no base mileage 2 weeks ago.

Man this season is going to suck since there are like 4 people in my league that are under 2:00 (two were all state)

GF ME.

Agent_G_F.png

5 miles a day isn't that much for base millage tbh. when we were doing base milage we were alternating 12 and 8 mile days.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

5 miles a day isn't that much for base millage tbh. when we were doing base milage we were alternating 12 and 8 mile days.

yeah but then a kid like me comes and outkicks you in the last 250. base mileage can only do so much for a 4/8 runner; 25-30mpw is optimal for high school.

explosiveness wins in the 4/8 combo.

Today I ALMOST got hawked anchoring the 4x400 relay.

I had about a 100m lead and the kid ran a 47.2 leg. He was breathing down my neck down the last 20m.

Agent_G_F.png

yeah but then a kid like me comes and outkicks you in the last 250. base mileage can only do so much for a 4/8 runner; 25-30mpw is optimal for high school.

I had about a 100m lead and the kid ran a 47.2 leg. He was breathing down my neck down the last 20m.

Hot damn. That's incredibly fast. We would have had a meet yesterday where I'd have to face off with the fastest 400 runner in the state in the 4x400, but I got saved from that embarrassment after it got canceled because of wind/rain/cold.

1ekn0o.jpg

Hot damn. That's incredibly fast. We would have had a meet yesterday where I'd have to face off with the fastest 400 runner in the state in the 4x400, but I got saved from that embarrassment after it got canceled because of wind/rain/cold.

phillip washington. apparently he has h 46 outdoor.

Two kids in cali are hitting 46.61 this early in the season.

Agent_G_F.png

phillip washington. apparently he has h 46 outdoor.

Two kids in cali are hitting 46.61 this early in the season.

Our best 400 runner is doing 50-51...place 11th in the indoor state meet for the 600.

Plus we train not far from some of the top milers in the state for Cali.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran a 1:58.0 800 last friday, which puts me around 15th in the state. My coach wants me and a teammate to take 1-2 at sectionals (NOT going to happen).

Today was a joke tuesday meet; we (the distance team) always runs a 4x200 just to make fun of the sprinters. I led off, ran a 24 (meh) and promptly fell on the handoff (@#$(#*$&^@#)(*!$)(*&)! Ran the 1600 5 minutes later, bleeding from about 3 places and finished second within a tenth of a second to my teammate. I might be an idiot but at least I don't give up.. Right now I'm wearing 3 bandages and really not wanting to shower. It's going to hurt.

1ekn0o.jpg

Ran a 2:06 for the 800. 9 second PR and it put me 9 Seconds from the 50 year old school record. Set the best time for our school for the season too. Going to train this summer to try and set the unofficial record now...

Last race for track for me is the 3200m....Going to try and run 10:10-10:15...if possible, try and run 9:58.

EDIT:

On that same note: Ran a 26 second PR. 10:18 two mile for my last HS meet, played 7th in district, and finished with the top time for the year at our school. If two people drop for the mile, I will be going to sectionals.

Also, likely going to sectionals for the 4x400 as an alternate in case someone gets injured.

• 2 weeks later...

Running in the 4X800 and 400 at sectionals tomorrow. Not good enough to make it to state though, unless I can drop about 5 secs off my 400 :P This season I improved my 1600 from a 5:21 to 4:59, 800 from 2:17 to 2:09, and 400 from 60 to 55.5. So good season, with one more shot to improve tomorrow. Just read that our conference champion ( who were in a different sectional) 4X800 ran a 7:51 to get a trip down state... damn fast.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Running in regionals tomorrow, hurdles. 300s and 110s. probably won't make it to sectionals in either of them, maybe 110s. Would have to PR by like 3 seconds in 300s to make it, and half a second in 110s.

Best times so far this season are 45.5 for 300s, and 17.5 for 110s :P

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

I admit I was hoping to qualify for state, but with 2 falls in relays and no real race ran for the past 3 weeks, I guess it wasn't realistic. We ran a weird 800, going out in 59 and then the leader (my friend) finished with a 56. I basically died and ran a 2:00; pretty horrible. I am skipping two days of school to go down to state with him and my coach though, so that should be fun.

1ekn0o.jpg

I admit I was hoping to qualify for state, but with 2 falls in relays and no real race ran for the past 3 weeks, I guess it wasn't realistic. We ran a weird 800, going out in 59 and then the leader (my friend) finished with a 56. I basically died and ran a 2:00; pretty horrible. I am skipping two days of school to go down to state with him and my coach though, so that should be fun.

2:00 is still pretty fast. Are you a Junior or Senior?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, pretty good running day today.

I haven't been doing much distance training during the winter, just some random spinning bike and a run. Mostly been focused on strength.

In the autumn i did 12.20 as quickest on 2.5km. I had a run today, and i felt great, not tired anywhere in the body or mind and good temprature: Ran 11.48 on 2.5km. Pleased with it.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Ran a new 10K best, 38:13, down from my last timed one of 44:36 last year and down a minute from an unofficial time of 39:23. Just were I want to be before I go to college and try and make the XC/TF team there.

Sadly, only ran 4 miles since Summer started, out with an ankle injury. Most likely it is tendon issues, but I've already lost 2+ weeks of training from it.

Pushed myself a bit much today.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I've started with this, since I've heard good things about it. I'm personally just looking to lose weight, so we'll see how things go. This isn't too hard to follow, and it feels kinda nice actually.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Haven't ran since last summer. Did a 5 mile race today.

Not the best of ideas, but it was fun.

I ran nonstop for the first 3 miles (harder then it sounds there was some tough uphill portions.)

Then basically ran on an off for the last 2 miles.

Kinda showed me how out of shape I was, but I was still proud of myself.

I got around 53 minutes, which isn't bad considering I walked some, there was some uphill, and I haven't ran in forever.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!