Boss Monsters

JAMjE

Eh? Are we supposed to debate whether or not bosses are worth killing? 1m+ an hour ain't enough for you?

And since when was CB risky?

Oh yes, 1m/hr - and with those stats it certainly doesn't look like you pulled that number straight out of your [wagon]...

You can easily lose money at GWD or any other boss. Pots and other supplies add up. It's stupid to try to put an estimate on how much you can earn per hour from a boss, since it all still relies on luck. If you're unlucky you might make -100k/hr, if you're lucky you can solo a hilt on your first kill ever.

and you think CB isn't risky? try to go 4man it right now please. He's the only boss who hits 50s through protection prayers.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concept behind CB was

Obscenely high HP

Prayer - GONE!

Familiars - GONE!

Armour defences - GONE

Also, you say CB is easy to take out with a 20 man team. Well.....NO [CABBAGE]

But, how many bosses make you run around to avoid area attacks?

Hmm....Give a TD a powerup, give him an area attack....then why not throw in two prayers at once....

I think when Jagex released GW, they were hoping the minions would make prayer ineffective; well, it didn't.

To me though, the hardest part about boss monsters is finding 2 hours of spare time that I KNOW for a FACT I can spend on RS without interruptions, with finding a team a close second.

I think they should try combining all good boss into one boss. TD, switches prayer, Jad, need for YOU to keep an eye out and switch prayer, CB, high hp/damage nulifier (ruby e bolts hitting 100...) and an area attack...

Also, the one time I tried TD's (shortly after they came out, before they were updated) they were quite fun, with the darklight, both of you switching prayer, etc.

One thing is though, once you know how to do anything, it's easy. Unless your taking out CB with a 4 (or 2 if that's even worth trying) man team.

Also, Jagex needs to be careful about making a boss too powerful; if a boss had a 50/50 ratio of killing/being killed when you fight it with perfect strategy (don't ask me how) then Jagex would need to do something about the death penalty for it.

But without the penalty for dying, there's no risk...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It's stupid to try to put an estimate on how much you can earn per hour from a boss, since it all still relies on luck. If you're unlucky you might make -100k/hr, if you're lucky you can solo a hilt on your first kill ever.

According to most people the average AVERAGE is 1 mill an hour. Assuming high stats.

O.O

It's stupid to try to put an estimate on how much you can earn per hour from a boss, since it all still relies on luck. If you're unlucky you might make -100k/hr, if you're lucky you can solo a hilt on your first kill ever.

According to most people the average AVERAGE is 1 mill an hour. Assuming high stats.

According to who? What boss? Stats and equipment?

Its hard to average since the drop chances are low and prices are high. You can't average GWD because of the variables. You WON'T make money on all trips. You WON'T make 1m an hour.

But you might get the drop, inflating the result.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I think they should try combining all good boss into one boss. TD, switches prayer, Jad, need for YOU to keep an eye out and switch prayer, CB, high hp/damage nulifier (ruby e bolts hitting 100...) and an area attack...

=D>

What makes the hardest bosses the hardest:

1) High k0 ability

2) Something you need to do to avoid this k0 ability

3) A distraction

Jad is able of 1-hitting one person easily, you gotta keep prayer switching all the time, and the annoying healers can get you distracted.

Spirit Beast during Summers end too, you have to dodge his attacks not to be 1-hit and has to do some wierd activities in the area in order to kill it.

Imagine Tztok-Jad, add a protect prayer ( or maybe 2 like KQ),add an area attack you need to dodge, give him 2k hp, give him some sort of prayer draining thing (like Barrows prayer drain), give him minions besides the healers (like the gwd ones) and make him able of attack lots of people at the same time (attacking all people in the room instead of just one tanker).

Here, the ultimate Runescape boss. Oh yeah, don't forget to add ultimate drops that make GWD and Corp look like nothing.

My favorite bosses: Dks, TDs, K'ril.

Each one totally different with totally different strategies, weaknesses and set-ups, but very rewarding, and, most importantly, enjoyable. Are they worth it? No doubt. Fun is what it is all about, and I love finding new ways to tackle great beasts.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I agree with a little practice there are few bosses which keep the risk factor high.

I've tried all the GWD bosses I can as well as every boss worth attempting and there are very few which keep the first time fear edge.

My personal favorites are DK's and KQ (shes still damn annoying to kill more then 5 times with a small team), with DK's being both more enjoyable and more worthwhile.

I think DK's hit the nail on the head as there easy to access (no quests), require true team effort (even to enter the boss room), have true minions (its possible to have over 6 of them all attacking you at once with mage and range) and use the whole triangle with level 303's

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Dks were a step up in boss fights. The problem is that they are not strong enough. Unless you stand in the middle, you can easily use Prayer to negate their attack. Jagex intended people to fight all three at once, but thats not the case.

Owned_Nex.png

• 2 weeks later...
KBD (apparently) has highest drop rate for visage.

as well as Dragon Medium, which was originally a unique drop to it.

that said, I throughly enjoy DKs and am usually disappointed by my inability to find others beyond a couple of my friends who like killing them compared to the sit & click mentality of massing on GWD bosses or sitting and poking the corp with zspears for 10 mins.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

From last Q&A

Andrey138 asks:

What is the progress on the current high level dungeon? Does it have more to do than the Godwars Dungeon? Is it more challenging and poses unique things to do like in Corporeal Beast and Tormented Demons?

Mod Mark: Its full of unique challenges and boss fights. I read through one of the design briefs for the boss monsters and the death mechanic was very... different. Some of the biggest NPC hitpoint counts in the game will exist here.

Hopefully sit and click bosses era is coming to an end :thumbsup:

From last Q&A

Andrey138 asks:

What is the progress on the current high level dungeon? Does it have more to do than the Godwars Dungeon? Is it more challenging and poses unique things to do like in Corporeal Beast and Tormented Demons?

Mod Mark: Its full of unique challenges and boss fights. I read through one of the design briefs for the boss monsters and the death mechanic was very... different. Some of the biggest NPC hitpoint counts in the game will exist here.

Agreed. I've become very drawn to WoW because of the strategy that's required to attack. You can't just attack then switch to another tab. If Jagex updated their combat, they could probably attract a wider range of players and maybe even win back some WoW converters.

From what all of you have said, that boss monsters are too easy...

They should make a Boss Battles mode, which makes a compilation of ALL the RS bosses in random order. This is, with the exception of the Corporeal Beast, who you will ALWAYS face last. You must defeat all the bosses to get the reward.

Rules:

-If you die, it's game over. You have to start from the beginning again. You won't lose your items however.

-As you fight a boss later on, they become more difficult.

-You only get 1 full inventory worth of food/potions (8 potions, 20 food), and you can only bring 1 familiar that you choose to bring with you (it cannot hold extra items). Once you run out, well, tough luck. You won't get anymore than that.

-The food heals 20 in two bites, and the potions restore 5 of your Prayer points. You drink all of the potion in 1 gulp and restore 5 Prayer points, so it isn't like a regular potion.

-You can either do this solo, or do this co-op. Keep in mind that if either of you die, it is a game over.

-The reward would be a Boss Battles cape. It has DOUBLE the stats of a trimmed skillcape, and if you lose it, you have to do Boss Battles mode again to get another.

Yeah, it sounds like SSBB's Boss Battles mode on Intense. That's all I can think of. :?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They should make a Boss Battles mode, which makes a compilation of ALL the RS bosses in random order. This is, with the exception of the Corporeal Beast, who you will ALWAYS face last. You must defeat all the bosses to get the reward.

Rules:

-If you die, it's game over. You have to start from the beginning again. You won't lose your items however.

-You only get 1 full inventory worth of food/potions (8 potions, 20 food), and you can only bring 1 familiar that you choose to bring with you (it cannot hold extra items). Once you run out, well, tough luck. You won't get anymore than that.

-The food heals 20 in two bites, and the potions restore 5 of your Prayer points. You drink all of the potion in 1 gulp and restore 5 Prayer points, so it isn't like a regular potion.

-You can either do this solo, or do this co-op. Keep in mind that if either of you die, it is a game over.

-The reward would be a Boss Battles cape. It has DOUBLE the stats of a trimmed skillcape, and if you lose it, you have to do Boss Battles mode again to get another.

Yeah, it sounds like SSBB's Boss Battles mode on Intense. That's all I can think of. :?

That sounds like a great idea, although I think that being allowed to bring your own food/potions and familiars of your choice would be cool, and eliminating the corp beast would probably be necessary, solo or co-op, I don't think thats possible, especially after all the previous bosses.

Personally, I would like to see more bosses like that of TD's, requiring more skill than clicking and eating.

Catsmoker.png

I left my wife for a level 59 tank mage

Rules:

That sounds like a great idea, although I think that being allowed to bring your own food/potions and familiars of your choice would be cool, and eliminating the corp beast would probably be necessary, solo or co-op, I don't think thats possible, especially after all the previous bosses.

Personally, I would like to see more bosses like that of TD's, requiring more skill than clicking and eating.

Nah, just like SSBB's Boss Battles on Intense, the bosses in this new Boss Battles mode will be weakened versions of their original ones. This will be especially noticeable with the Corporeal Beast. That should fix the soloing problem, and will actually make this possible.

Also, since you guys said that bosses are now a game of "eat and hit", that's why I had put set food/potions for the players. Similar to Fist of Guthix.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

From last Q&A

Andrey138 asks:

Agreed. I've become very drawn to WoW because of the strategy that's required to attack. You can't just attack then switch to another tab. If Jagex updated their combat, they could probably attract a wider range of players and maybe even win back some WoW converters.

RS won't win over WoW raiders. Maybe in another lifetime...

I actually read that quesiton, and I was dissappointed.

High HP=EVEN MORE sit and click

And I hope the death machanic isin't so simple as a certain object or spell.

Owned_Nex.png

Its full of unique challenges and boss fights. I read through one of the design briefs for the boss monsters and the death mechanic was very... different

Gotta be very pessimistic to think it's gonna be even more sit and click... i am the biggest pessimist i've ever met and i'm looking forward to it \'

High HP counts and the death mechanics got me interested right away.

I totally adore killing bosses. To me, a LARGE part of the 'challenge' phase of RuneScape comes from them. That doesn't mean I like all Bosses though. KQ is one which no longer justifies the effort and supplies put in.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

As long as new monsters come out every now and then, everything is fine.

I dont think that what you say about the Corp is true. Sigils worth hundreds of millions are worth the risk for higher combat players.

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

I think Jagex made it so it would be a challenge for the lvl intended like barrows its super easy for me now but when i was lvl 80 it was difficult so the rewards and difficulty of the kill evens out if your that particular lvl

da144.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think that for now the drops are quite well set considering drop rates and also the difficulty of individual bosses. probably the one that has the most issues is the kq but that is because of new items so maybe they should change her.

Words are only interpertaions of opinions.

Not TDS. They can change very fast. IMO they are the best designed boss monster, other than Zil, who is fun, *dangerous* (comparatively) and the DKS bosses. We need more bosses like DKS and TDS IMO.

YES. I would start playing Runescape a lot more if there were bosses like this. :thumbsup:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

woots...i hav been readin tip.it forums for quite sometime but nv register...but seein tis thread jus made me wanna post somethin...personally i thin the boss battle time spent is too short in runescape...like some1 posted such battles last for minutes if nt seconds...it will b good if bosses health can b raised by at least 2.5 times...i still rmb seein a video of an amardyl GWD mass on youtube in which k'ree died in a matters of seconds after it spawned...(n oso making boss monsters even harder to solo/duo/trio,(thought i love solos) but thin its more fun if all the bosses hav to b killed in a grp)