6th May 2009 - Bounty Hunter Wilderness-only PvP

Kirderf123

So, what is the consensus of the pker's?

Prefer BH worlds or PVP worlds?

Which do you anticipate will be more popular?

Are the only real differences that you eventually get a target, have a smaller area and could potentially get some of their items?

I prefer BH worlds because it's just like the old wild except with some new features. However the fact that you have to switch worlds to use the grand exchange is very annoying.

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now we know that high level magic is totally pointless compared to high level ranged/melee in f2p. Teleblock is effectively obsolete...

not quite. When you do get assigned a bounty hunter target, the target also gets you assigned, right? And I assume the bounty-locate spell still works.

Bounty-Locate spell was removed. So unless you plan on maging with normal spells, there really is no reason to be on the normal magic book at all. The only teleport spells available to you are ancients and the one lunar spell.

Perma-Teleblock on free play. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

But that's the whole point. Teleblock is useless now. No one is pking on PvP worlds compared to Bounty hunter worlds, and for f2p, there are no teleports. So why teleblock someone when they can't teleport anywhere anyway?

You can still teleport about a bit on f2p

The tele pads in the wildy shuld still work shuld they not?

Yes its not the same as teleporting somwhere safe but it'd still get u away from the fight no?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yes its not the same as teleporting somwhere safe but it'd still get u away from the fight no?

The tele pads are member's though, if im not mistaken.

After a prolonged battle involving perhaps one and a half inventories (leaning towards just the one) of sharks and a few pots:

catchoftheday.jpg

It's a pity he didn't drop the dark bow.

8f14270694.jpg

The tele pads are member's though, if im not mistaken.

The wilderness Obelisks are, indeed, member's only. There remains, then, NO way for f2p to teleport in Bounty worlds.

Btw, I had to kill my bounty twice before he paid out. What's up with that?

Fail at reading.

It clearly states if you kill you're target but ARE NOT the one who deals most damage the kill does not go to you. So if someone has near killed your target you can't just pj them and get the prize for it, you have to be the one to get the kill and to do msot damage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As far as I could tell, I was the only person to have attacked him, seeing as I struck just as he left the ditch.

Still, I did leave him for a bit to modify my inventory, and during that time he could have fought somebody else, but he was ready to go when I came back and he hadn't died. I had dealt a lot of damage to him previously and I wonder what happened when I wasn't looking at him.

8f14270694.jpg

U get soemthing like 10 - 30 mins of being allowed in safe b4 ur target is reassinged.

It's possible he fought a previous target and burned thru a whole ivent of food then went and restocked and ate some more before coming bk in

Which would mean the other guy had dealth waaayyy more damage to him before u got there

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So I was in f2p new bh worlds, I had been in the hot zone for 30 mins risking 70k and I had no armor on (Im a monk robe pure :thumbsup: ), and I pjed this full rune b axe 24 i got the drop..........

but the drop was only a power ammy, str ammy and rune hatchet!

Btw he was not my targ..........

but still shouldint I get a better drop?

98% of all runescape players wastes most of their time on skilling, if you are one of the 2% that stayed with player killing. Put this in your signature.

Nah, it was like, what? 3 minutes? During that time he stayed out there, and didn't die.

Possibly if your Out of a pvp hot zone for 3 mins the battle (credit)(for lack of the right word) is reset?

98% of all runescape players wastes most of their time on skilling, if you are one of the 2% that stayed with player killing. Put this in your signature.

You totally missed what I was saying.

He probably had a different target BEFORE you and fought them and killed them.

If he had fought them and they did 40hp damage and he ate 40hp of food then they did a further 20hp of damage b4 dying and he then ran off to bank and eat more, by the time you come to fight him he's had 60hp of damage done to him by someone else and as he hasn't left the bh world or been in the safe area long enuff to lsoe target it still counts so if u therefore do say 55hp of damage and kill him you still have done 5 less damage than huever fought him b4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If he had fought them and they did 40hp damage and he ate 40hp of food then they did a further 20hp of damage b4 dying and he then ran off to bank and eat more, by the time you come to fight him he's had 60hp of damage done to him by someone else and as he hasn't left the bh world or been in the safe area long enuff to lsoe target it still counts so if u therefore do say 55hp of damage and kill him you still have done 5 less damage than huever fought him b4

If this is the case would the person that did the 60 hp damage see a drop?

If this is the case would the person that did the 60 hp damage see a drop?

They said it worked like the old wild, right? In that case, yes they would.

If Jagex thought about BH longer than 2 seconds they would have concluded;

1. Allow access to GE on BH worlds(seriously, I don't want to need to hop).

2. When I attack someone 2 levels away, and they run into level 1 wildy, I can't attack them via a 10 sec timer.

3. Make optional level-separated worlds, in the 1000 man pile that Edgeville currently is, I can only attack one tenth, just to have the rest lagg me down.

If you put the GE on PvP worlds, then you would need to give PvP worlds the entire road around the River, through Barbarian Village, and by Varrock. This would allow people who can't use the shortcut (ex. low level agility or f2p) to get to the GE, in order to be fair.

The "running into lower wild" problem has been around since the wild has been there. There weren't many complaints about it before. Just go into deeper wild.

If you put the GE on PvP worlds, then you would need to give PvP worlds the entire road around the River, through Barbarian Village, and by Varrock. This would allow people who can't use the shortcut (ex. low level agility or f2p) to get to the GE, in order to be fair.

Imagine the shortcut as a reward for getting p2p/10 agility.

The "running into lower wild" problem has been around since the wild has been there. There weren't many complaints about it before. Just go into deeper wild.

I am complaining that I get a 10 second timer when a level 123 runs, but not a 10 second timer when a level 122 runs.

I suppose you're right, but soon enough people will be selling common pking supplies there anyway.

If this garbage doesn't appeal to Runescape's dregs then nothing will and its time for Jagex to cut them loose and not bring them back like last time

2 months of patch note updates so this sad sack one could be born...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I suppose you're right, but soon enough people will be selling common pking supplies there anyway.

I don't think so with the trade limits we have now.

Oh and

4. They copied the coloured players(rightclick) from pvp, as a result people appear to be able to get attacked by me but in reality it's not.

I don't think so with the trade limits we have now.

Oh and

4. They copied the coloured players(rightclick) from pvp, as a result people appear to be able to get attacked by me but in reality it's not.

Still though, you can make a 5k-60k profit, or more if you bought them at min.

60k per hour isn't that much :)

Would actually be 240k per hour. But yeah it's not too much.