21m to spend... but on what?

NuckingFuts

Well, today, after selling a months worth of sharks (10k) and getting money from MTK, I have ended up with 21m, the highest amount of money I have ever had in the game.

Now, I would like to spend it, But I am having a hard time deciding what to go for, so hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction :)

I am looking to buy some more combat gear, I have been looking at bandos (chestplate and tassets, however I will only be able to afford one atm...) , DFS, or a Full Barrows of some sort (I already have a few parts of some that I mixed and matched for a slaying setup)

What I want to know, is what would be best to spend my money on? What would be a wise purchase to make? Or is the even something not on my list that I should put the money towards instead?

Bare in mind, I am looking to do combat skills for a while now, so please don't suggest I invest the money into a skill other than that, Any left over money will go towards the purchase of summoning ingredients, and I intend to only have 1m backup money left at the end :D

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated, I only ask here because I don't want to make the mistake of buying something bad with the money I have just spent a while making.

Thanks.

Basics/ almost necessities:

-Fury

-Dragon boots

-Berserker ring

Non-necessities, what I think you should get:

-Guthans

-Whip+ Rune defender

-Bandos boots

-If doing slayer, get a slayer helm

I'm not an expert, don't take all this literally.

PM me for fitocracy invite

21Mil isn't really that much, you will notice it once you want to start spending it. If you want to really spend it however i would suggest spending it on skills such as Magic, Prayer, Summoning etc. Buy 70 Prayer, then buy Burst for 90 or so Magic and if any money is left use it to get your summoning level high as you can. This would be the best way of spending money IMO.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

....spending it on skills such as Magic, Prayer, Summoning etc. Buy 70 Prayer, then buy Burst for 90 or so Magic and if any money is left use it to get your summoning level high as you can. This would be the best way of spending money IMO.

what is burst? lol haha i don't know

:P

I AM TEH APPLE KING!!!

sulayman-1.jpg

My Blog | My Personal MySpace | Band Page

Invest it, find ways to turn that 21m into 210m. That's not to say you shouldn't use it, just make sure you invest and never drop below a certain threshold again. :)

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

....spending it on skills such as Magic, Prayer, Summoning etc. Buy 70 Prayer, then buy Burst for 90 or so Magic and if any money is left use it to get your summoning level high as you can. This would be the best way of spending money IMO.

what is burst? lol haha i don't know

:P

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bursting+rock+lobsters

If you just want to do melee, try SLAYER.

Don't buy a fury (I am 134 combat and 97 slayer 95 summon i Never use fury, i simply use glory or guthix stole when I need to pray)

Do'nt buy Berzerker ring (rather use a ring of life or warrior ring or ring of wealth)

Don't buy bandos (only good if you got both of them)

If you really want to buy some combat gear, get full barrows.

That way you get to experience the fun and also useful for slayer, too.

My last suggestion:

If you plan to do combat for a while, why not just do slayer?

If you just want pure melee exp, all you need is whip and prayer armor and then camp at Ape Atoll monkey guards!

editedsig1ci.gif

lol thank you

You probably wont have enough money to burst till 90, but you should atleast get 85 or so. I know you wont be able to buy any armour but in the end would you ather be a lower level with nice armour? Or a high level with armlur thats good enough (Torags, Dragon, etc.)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

If you just want pure melee exp, all you need is whip and prayer armor and then camp at Ape Atoll monkey guards!

:thumbdown: NO! Not only does that cost a fortune, but in the end its not worth it at all. Slayer is probably a good idea if you don't care about getting any 99's fast, if you want to get fast melee 99's though i would suggest Armoured Zombies. They say you can get upto 120k exp an hout there (this is at maxed stats though) but i usually get around 85k exp an hour there. Its very good and you make alot of profit.

Armoured Zombies > Zombie Monkies

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

If you just want to do melee, try SLAYER.

Don't buy a fury (I am 134 combat and 97 slayer 95 summon i Never use fury, i simply use glory or guthix stole when I need to pray)

Do'nt buy Berzerker ring (rather use a ring of life or warrior ring or ring of wealth)

Don't buy bandos (only good if you got both of them)

First a fury is the best amulet it has a higher str, pray and defence then a glory so it is worth it if you want the best.

Yes Berserker ring isn't realy that good, but if you want more exp it is the best ring.

And the only part of bandos that really helps is the torso the +2 str from the tasset doesn't realy affect much and it together doesn't make the whole thing change.

Ok, well I probably should have stated in my first post that I was going to more then likely be training slayer, and that I already have the majority of gear - Whip, D Boots, Slayer Helm etc...

I apologize for leaving it so vague.

I am going to take the advice of getting 70 Prayer.

Bones - 149,557 = 10,543,769gp

Big Bones - 44,867 = 16,084,820gp

I'm guessing I shall go with the big bones right? I also noticed using the calculator, you can bury them using Gilded Alters (2 Marble Burners)? Which could put the price down for doing Big Bones to 4,595,970gp - Thing is, I have no idea how I do this method? :( Any help there would be greatly appreciated

I feel like spending it on prayer, would be a good investment, not only will it help me in slayer, but also if I ever want to do Avianses again, and use the pray method.

------------------------

I then started looking at this burst technique a few mentioned, however if my calculations are correct, I wont even have enough to purchase the chaos runes needed in the spell?

63,025 (Number of casts needed) * 4 (number of chaos runes needed in spell) * The price of a chaos rune = 26,807,850gp

Lets not forget on top of that I then require the death and water runes.

-----------------------

If I am heading towards slayer, then I guess I should buy some full barrows gear, I have been looking at Full Guthans, which is around 4m, I hear this is good for slayer because of the health bonus and such?

-----------------------

Any left over from this spending, goes into summoning :D

Thanks for your help everyone so far, You have made me realise that it would be better to wait for Bandos, until I have enough money to buy them both at the same time + some.

Thanks.

Ok, well I probably should have stated in my first post that I was going to more then likely be training slayer, and that I already have the majority of gear - Whip, D Boots, Slayer Helm etc...

I apologize for leaving it so vague.

I am going to take the advice of getting 70 Prayer.

Bones - 149,557 = 10,543,769gp

Big Bones - 44,867 = 16,084,820gp

I'm guessing I shall go with the big bones right? I also noticed using the calculator, you can bury them using Gilded Alters (2 Marble Burners)? Which could put the price down for doing Big Bones to 4,595,970gp - Thing is, I have no idea how I do this method? :( Any help there would be greatly appreciated

I feel like spending it on prayer, would be a good investment, not only will it help me in slayer, but also if I ever want to do Avianses again, and use the pray method.

------------------------

I then started looking at this burst technique a few mentioned, however if my calculations are correct, I wont even have enough to purchase the chaos runes needed in the spell?

63,025 (Number of casts needed) * 4 (number of chaos runes needed in spell) * The price of a chaos rune = 26,807,850gp

Lets not forget on top of that I then require the death and water runes.

-----------------------

If I am heading towards slayer, then I guess I should buy some full barrows gear, I have been looking at Full Guthans, which is around 4m, I hear this is good for slayer because of the health bonus and such?

-----------------------

Any left over from this spending, goes into summoning :D

Thanks for your help everyone so far, You have made me realise that it would be better to wait for Bandos, until I have enough money to buy them both at the same time + some.

Thanks.

Okay, when it comes to prayer in P2P you really HAVE to use a gilded altar. Any other way is stupid. Go to the events section in RSOF and look for a thread saying open Gilded Altar. When you find one go the the world/location of the house and enter it. Select "use" on the bone (use Dragon Bones for fast exp) then use it on the altar. If does the whole inventory by itself so you can AFK.

As for the Slayer gear. I would suggest getting Guthans Set aswell as torags legs (assuming you have a Fihter Torso, if you dont have one then get a Torags body too). Use the torags + Whip and def in normal combat and inly use Guthans to heal. I used this method and only had to recharge my barrows like once a month.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I would suggest alching on a pvp world for magic exp rather than bursting because you make a huge profit after 25king with your potential (killing a friend who drops 25k). And waterfiends for charms. Slayer is also a good idea

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]