whats going on with the economy?

nversaydie13

I dont think its merchant clans. godswords probably too expensive and, specifically the BGS, too common to buy them all up. Its probably because the bounty worlds are causing these items to be dropped and sold thus adding more supply.

BOO

^ Yes, and it makes sense being that most of it is melee equipment

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

^ Yes, and it makes sense being that most of it is melee equipment

I can't get mith ore and coal at max price.... It seems like there would be a ton of that out there, almost to much for a merch clan to buy out... Or so one would think. :x

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

People sold their more expensive extras for PvP gear as soon as the new Bounty Hunter came out. It was all in a rush, and prices went crashing on the few days after. Because prices crashed, the common people like you and I started to fear that their beloved items would become dirt cheap, so they rushed to put their item in the GE. When their item wouldn't sell for medium price they panicked, until at last they put it in for Minimum. Well there are so many people doing this, that no one is buying in because it would be better to get it when it is cheaper, since it seems to be spiraling down and down. Therefor, the price keeps going down.

This is what happens every time something big comes out.

Stellactic.gif

People sold their more expensive extras for PvP gear as soon as the new Bounty Hunter came out. It was all in a rush, and prices went crashing on the few days after. Because prices crashed, the common people like you and I started to fear that their beloved items would become dirt cheap, so they rushed to put their item in the GE. When their item wouldn't sell for medium price they panicked, until at last they put it in for Minimum. Well there are so many people doing this, that no one is buying in because it would be better to get it when it is cheaper, since it seems to be spiraling down and down. Therefor, the price keeps going down.

This coupled with the Ourg bones update which caused bandos drops to crash seems to make for a perfect storm of deflation concerning high end melee equipment (Personally this is a good thing, if prices stay low I should be able to afford tassets soon 8-) )

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Prices never stay stable. For one reason or another. They'll skyrocket, or bottom out.

Same thing happened for me. Once i got my first pair of D legs for 2.7M, they crashed to about 600k.

The Bandos tassets and plate i have now, worked up the cash over 2 months. And they drop once i get them. Also for my D plate on my 2nd account.

So, i just say to hell with prices. Use what i have now. And wait for higher items to come within my price range.

I wont stand for consistently buying/selling my armory just to save money. It get what i need and stick with it.

Anywho, I'd say they dropped because of the PKing update. The biggest one yet, and it had to have somthing to do with it.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

This coupled with the Ourg bones update which caused bandos drops to crash seems to make for a perfect storm of deflation concerning high end melee equipment (Personally this is a good thing, if prices stay low I should be able to afford tassets soon 8-) )

Why do people keep saving this?

I've been bandos twice since the update (1 trip had no crashers or anything, the other 1 attempted crash) and have only brought back 5 bones in total.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

But here's the good news: eventually, the prices will become more feasable again, and people will start to buy them, hopefully equalling supply and demand.

Chances are they won't get back to their original prices for a while, some may never.

Its like a sped up version of the markets in reality. Almost.

2v8sgvs.png