Quests

RayOxide

Is it just me, or is it when a new Quest comes out, and a player notices he has the requirements to do it, He or she does it ASAP?

Well, not everyone of course - but probably something like half the population. That's a bit.

There have been quests like Death Plague have been around since, like, forever (Dont ask me I have no idea :P). Obviously, people do this. But there are MANY other ones people dont do - even though they may have been out for 3 years or more.

Yet when a Quest comes out, they seem to go and do it as soon as they can.

The question is - why?

What motivates people in Runescape to do a quest with a very little reward **, other than one that they have had a long time to do, with possible huge rewards?

Surely it isnt because its new. That cant just be the reason.

** A high majority of the Quests released in the last 8 months have had crappy rewards.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

You sure are a genius for completely ignoring the post.

You asked why people do quests right when they come out, correct?

The question is - why?

What motivates people in Runescape to do a quest with a very little reward **, other than one that they have had a long time to do, with possible huge rewards?

Yeah, looks like it.

I answered that people like quests.

Totally ignored your post, dude! Rock on.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

They want to be the one parading around telling people how to do it.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

The question is - why?

Yeah, looks like it.

No. The question OBVIOUSLY, (if you learn to read without acting like a total smartass) was "Why do people rather doing a crappy new quest rather than one they havent done if its been out for years?"

I think people with quest capes are likely to do the quest asap. Personally I'm not a quester so I don't care much when I do it :P

Yeah.

3 reasons

1. The cape

2. Future proofing for new better rewarding quests

3. Trade limit

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The question is - why?

Yeah, looks like it.

No. The question OBVIOUSLY, (if you learn to read without acting like a total smartass) was "Why do people rather doing a crappy new quest rather than one they havent done if its been out for years?"

Oh, so you were asking two extremely obvious questions at the same time? Too much thinking for me, but I'll try and answer it anyway:

They like quests and have the requirements to do some of them!

Well bite my [wagon] and call me Guthix, didn't see that one coming!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You're not understanding what he is asking. He wants to know why they do the new quests that they have the requirements for and not the old quests that they also have the requirements for.

They do the new quests because of the buzz that is surrounding them because they are new.

Drinkablity.png

You're not understanding what he is asking. He wants to know why they do the new quests that they have the requirements for and not the old quests that they also have the requirements for.

They do the new quests because of the buzz that is surrounding them because they are new.

I think mornings just being a [bleep]er.

I dont really feel like people do them just because they're new - I did a little bit of thinking in silence and thought that, maybe they only do it because its new and they dont think or care! :D

The question was not entirely clear, but it's surprising how many bothered to answer without bothering to figure out what was being asked. Anyway, I think it's community. They know others will be doing the new quest. They want to do it together. They want to be able to talk with their friends about what it was like. One thing this proves is that rewards are not the only quest motivator.

punitivedsig.png

The question was not entirely clear, but it's surprising how many bothered to answer without bothering to figure out what was being asked. Anyway, I think it's community. They know others will be doing the new quest. They want to do it together. They want to be able to talk with their friends about what it was like. One thing this proves is that rewards are not the only quest motivator.

I agree, The people who rush to do the quest want to race there friend to see who can complete it first, or share things about the quest that he/she enjoyed. It is also because the majority who do it soon after it is released is to re-obtain there Quest cape.

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Perhaps it's an extention of a storyline which they personally have enjoyed learning about?

Everyone? For every quest? Either I misunderstood you, or you completely misunderstood/didn't read the entirety of the first post.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I never do quests when they come out, nor have I done any of the new quests since like last year?

I guess I am just lazy with questing :( I will get there eventually though!

---

And in response to your question why? One simple answer/reason, is that it's new (Yes, it can be a reason). As with any new content being posted about on the front page, you can be sure to find many players at that location, trying it out for themselves.

Same reasoning can be applied to anything really... For example TV programs, if the next season starts showing on TV, many people watch/record it there and then, opposed to waiting ages. If it's new, people want to know about it.

The ONLY reason I do quests is if the rewards greatly benefit me, quests like Monkey madness - D scim, Lost city - DDS etc etc.

Apart from when I got barrows gloves on my zerker pure, but if I didn't hate quests already whilst getting them I would've hated them by the end of it.

Zerker_jane.png

The ONLY reason I do quests is if the rewards greatly benefit me, quests like Monkey madness - D scim, Lost city - DDS etc etc.

Apart from when I got barrows gloves on my zerker pure, but if I didn't hate quests already whilst getting them I would've hated them by the end of it.

I'm gonna quote Den and say: Quest haters are nub :cry:

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to games, so I naturally find it more appealing to see a quest's name written in green than in red or yellow.

I'm gonna quote Den and say: Quest haters are nub :cry:

:thumbdown:

Off with your head.

Zerker_jane.png