Finally, a soul wars activity bar, though is it good or bad?

Neilson1111

I have seen people exploiting a bug in SW whereby they get around the green bar thing. They seeem to stay a 'ghost' for the duration of the game in the graveyard box thing.

Have sent a bug report to HQ.

stil very easy to bypass the new system... not saying how though

I know what your method is.... but you still can't sit around.

You need to get killed to restock the bar? Well, you still need to get out of the graveyard.

nub :shame:

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

Coming from a soul wars veteran: This was a long needed update.

Good job Jagex.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

stil very easy to bypass the new system... not saying how though

I know what your method is.... but you still can't sit around.

You need to get killed to restock the bar? Well, you still need to get out of the graveyard.

nub :shame:

Wrong - there is a bug where you can stay in the graveyard for the entire game as a ghosty, and not be required to take any further part in the game yet still gain 3 zeal.

The game might be a bit funner now. I only play it for fun but it wasn't all that fun because you either had to wait forever to get in or go on the side that gets pwned. Now the competition may be a bit more fair, but the clans will probably dominate still of course.

I really don't understand why so many people do soul wars just for xp.... The xp is HORRIBLE - even slayer is faster combat xp, and armoured zombies are like twice as fast as SW almost.

But anyway, all they have to do is make a SC style game-joining system so the games are more fair. I hate those stupid clans who farm the game for xp even though it sucks for xp.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

I like the fact the main jist of most of the moaning about the bar is:

1) Can't stand at the obelisk when its not under attack to defend it

2) Can't stand at you're avatar when its not under attack to defend it

3) Can't stand at a graveyard when its not under attack to defend it

But standing around at these areas when they are not under attack clearly does not contribute to the game and achieves nothing. So how are people who do this any better than afkers?

If the obelisk is under attack you can actively defend it.

If a graveyard comes under attack you can actively defend it.

When an avatar is under attack you can actively defend it.

All it means is you can't go "oh I'm gonna do job x for the entire game and stand around doing nothing for ages because what im defending isn't under attack and while I stand around doing nothing I'll whine and moan about afkers who stand around and do nothing because clearly by standing here at area y while its not under attack I am doing HUGE amounts to contribute to the game"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I like this update because it forces people to accept more dynamic roles. No more just defending the obelisk, or just defending the avatar, or just accumulating points to weaken the enemy, etc. This means, ideally, that if everyone's picking up their activity levels, games should be more close and less of a landslide they always seem to be.

Note that I haven't been to SW after the update...still. :oops: So I'm just speculating, plsnoh8mi.

hzvjpwS.gif

I like this update because it forces people to accept more dynamic roles. No more just defending the obelisk, or just defending the avatar, or just accumulating points to weaken the enemy, etc. This means, ideally, that if everyone's picking up their activity levels, games should be more close and less of a landslide they always seem to be.

Note that I haven't been to SW after the update...still. :oops: So I'm just speculating, plsnoh8mi.

I agree having played withg my clans and such I always find the game is much more fun, flys by much faster and the team does betetr when everyone takes a dynamic role rather than I stand here to defend this despite the fact no-one is remotely near here.

You charge out onto the field, if you see your graveyard udner siege jump in and defend it.

If you've lsot the obelisk or are losing it you charge in and whack some noobs

If things are pretty stable you go collect shards to feed the obelisk.

If you avatar is getting pummeled you run bones to the graveuard or charge bk to defend it.

If their avatr is getting weaker but its health is staying high you run thru and have a pummell at tht

etc etc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Free loaders can still go

I have a 9hp skiller im training and use soul wars for it (trying to get 75 attack for ags at 9hp)

All you have to do is cast curse or bury a bone (if your not a level 3 skiller)

If you are a level 3 skiller all you have to do is die, or heal someone with a bandage

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg