Anyway to get patience? :P

11Raptor11

I've also been trying to get a skill to 99 like thieving or strength. But I never have the patience. I play for like 2 hours - 3 hours on one skill and get bored.

Is there any way I can improve my patience?

How do you have the patience to get a 99?

11_Raptor_11.png

Do like me, I made a skiller, going for 99 fishing with all other stats on 1.. And i play on my main when i get bored on the skiller.. Just take things step by step ^^

5th_Base.png

Patience. Heh. It's hard to train a skill in the game without liking the skill, or have a lack of determination. Set yourself a linear goal, and that would perhaps make things better for you. Also, train with things that are aggressive, such as Armoured Zombies. It's easier for me train whilst making a active discussion within a clanchat and posting + browsing on tif than clicking on every monster to gain a mere 200xp or so (each).

It all boils down to how much you want something, and how much you like something. I suggest you train combat with Armoured Zombies, do the quests needed if you haven't, because in the longterm, it'll be alot of xp with barely any attention required. If you have 80hps+ and a ring of life, you just can't die there, so you can infact watch 4minute vids and press a few arrow keys to make sure you are staying logged in.

Theiving, is a skill that is too attention needy. I can't even tell you about it because I myself haven't theived much before.

Patience. Heh. It's hard to train a skill in the game without liking the skill, or have a lack of determination. Set yourself a linear goal, and that would perhaps make things better for you. Also, train with things that are aggressive, such as Armoured Zombies. It's easier for me train whilst making a active discussion within a clanchat and posting + browsing on tif than clicking on every monster to gain a mere 200xp or so (each).

It all boils down to how much you want something, and how much you like something. I suggest you train combat with Armoured Zombies, do the quests needed if you haven't, because in the longterm, it'll be alot of xp with barely any attention required. If you have 80hps+ and a ring of life, you just can't die there, so you can infact watch 4minute vids and press a few arrow keys to make sure you are staying logged in.

Theiving, is a skill that is too attention needy. I can't even tell you about it because I myself haven't theived much before.

Thanks for the advice!

11_Raptor_11.png

Warning: The following only works in America.

Here are the 4 easy steps to success.

1. Window the RS browser so that it is the smallest it can be without hindering the performance.

2. Open up a second browser, then type in the URL adress, www.hulu.com.

3. Get yourself situated in your favorite training spot; preferably an AFK spot.

4. Watch your favorite show while training, and sigh as the hours go by so quickly.

Stellactic.gif

Warning: The following only works in America.

Here are the 4 easy steps to success.

1. Window the RS browser so that it is the smallest it can be without hindering the performance.

2. Open up a second browser, then type in the URL adress, http://www.hulu.com.

3. Get yourself situated in your favorite training spot; preferably an AFK spot.

4. Watch your favorite show while training, and sigh as the hours go by so quickly.

[bleep] hulu.

Really, don't even think about the 99 yet. It's just too far away. Set short term goals such as:

1. Ok, level 80 by such and such date.

2. Level 85 is up next.

3. Level 92.

4. Etc.

Setting these small goals helps you be a little more patient because instead of thinking, "I'm only level 70 in *insert skill here*..." you say, "Wow I'm almost level 75!"

Just think positive and just keep going.

Big_Stingman.png

Pick several skills that you enjoy doing and alternate between them. I enjoy runecrafting, fishing, and attack because they can provide a good alternative between training. This will allow me to sometimes pay little attention or focus a lot and listen to music. The key is variety.

patience is the hardest skill no1 wants to train it...

chonchoso.png

Quest Cape achieved on 27/4/09but nomad is preventing me to get it back...

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

If you really want to get a 99 you will make it someday, so just do a skill that you really like, since it will be cool to make it...

I did 3 weeks non stop of string jewellery, playing 4+ hours per day till i get 99 magic, wasnt boring, cause i really wanted it <3:

pinguim0310.png

Do skills that are enjoyable to you??

How can you get 99 thieving or strength if you find them boring?

You have to realize everything in this game is repetition so really no skill differs from the other too widely.

Personally I found getting my favorite skill to 99 first helped me realize how other skills would be difficult to get to 99 and what it would take to get there. Now I am working on finishing off all the "Afk" skills so there are only non-Afk'ables for me to do. Then I am not tempted to do the skills already completed.

Maybe you could try the same. Get 99 in your favorite skill no matter what it is. Then see where that takes you. Even if you fav skill is mining, slayer, agility or runecrafting... even if its cooking, fletching or firemaking just get it to 99.

Apparently, my signature was to big.