What do you believe happens when you die?

darko

I believe that you just get put in a box and stuck in the ground and wait for the maggots to devour your already decomposing body.

My oh my, aren't you the optimist!

well i just think those who believe in God have allways had

a good life, were nice to others, didnt kill, (or other stuff like that) , Will go

to heaven and those who dont believe in God, killed ppl, were bad to others, you know,

go to the hell... (tried to put

the word ''hell'' in small letters, didnt work :lol: )well this is just what i believe what happens....(btw i believe, look ma sig)

What if they didn't believe in a god, but were nice and didn't hurt/kill/steal?

Sadly enough, they still die. It states too clearly that whover doesn't believe in him, although is the world's biggest saint, will still spend eternity in hell. For example, a murderer who confessed his sins and truly repents and gives his life to God, then he will be saved, where as a guy, who gave his entire fortune to charity, but does not believe in Christ then......

Oh and willy, God forgive if you repent. Don't take his love and compassion for granted.

Yeah .. it's things like that which make me see Christianity as flawed and hypocritical.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a good life, were nice to others, didnt kill, (or other stuff like that) , Will go

to heaven and those who dont believe in God, killed ppl, were bad to others, you know,

the word ''hell'' in small letters, didnt work :lol: )well this is just what i believe what happens....(btw i believe, look ma sig)

Sadly enough, they still die. It states too clearly that whover doesn't believe in him, although is the world's biggest saint, will still spend eternity in hell. For example, a murderer who confessed his sins and truly repents and gives his life to God, then he will be saved, where as a guy, who gave his entire fortune to charity, but does not believe in Christ then......

Oh and willy, God forgive if you repent. Don't take his love and compassion for granted.

(in my posts i dont wish to offend in any way, and if i have: im truly sorry)

I have a question about that. I mean, what if you are born into a family that doesnt believe in christianity? I mean, you will then think that you religion is the only one thats true and stuff, right? cause your parents will influence your beliefs (same with you environment). Yet you go to hell? Thats not fair at all...

Also, what if you believe in Jesus, but are not a christian? For example, i am muslim, and we believe in Jesus too. We don think he's God's son or anything, but we believe that he was a prophet who came to make people believe. We also believe that Moses was a prophet. I just want answers...you can choose to completely disregard this post if you feel the need.

Well... I understand that part. But my parent weren't Christians at first. Maybe sometimes, you have to listen carefully. Maybe Jesus is calling you and......... Maybe you can't or don't want to hear....... I believe that deep down, everybody BELIVES that He exist, but are afraid to go to him because of one or the other reason/

Oh, and Christianity is not hypocritcal. It gives others a chance , DESPITE all their wrong doings. I think it gives people hope.

wildernesssc2.jpg

I believe that deep down, everybody BELIVES that He exist, but are afraid to go to him because of one or the other reason

I understand everyone is entitled to their beliefs but i'm telling you now that you are wrong (re: everyone beliving) I know I dont belive, not even deep down. Life would be so much easier if I did, I could be happy and know that if I die then i'll go to heaven and live in bliss, but alas i am cursed with a skeptical, logical and individual mind and I know that deep down its all a load of rubbish... imo of course ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I have a question about that. I mean, what if you are born into a family that doesnt believe in christianity? I mean, you will then think that you religion is the only one thats true and stuff, right? cause your parents will influence your beliefs (same with you environment). Yet you go to hell? Thats not fair at all...

Also, what if you believe in Jesus, but are not a christian? For example, i am muslim, and we believe in Jesus too. We don think he's God's son or anything, but we believe that he was a prophet who came to make people believe. We also believe that Moses was a prophet. I just want answers...you can choose to completely disregard this post if you feel the need.

Someone who grew up in a non-christian family can make their own decisions as they get older. Of course they will belive what their parents belive when they are young but that is how all young kids are. When people get older a lot of them stray from their parents beliefs.

As for your second question, The Bible says this:

"He (God) will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power" Thessalonians 1:8,9 (NIV)

The Gospel of Jesus, is what Jesus taught and he taught that he was the son of God, so I think that you have to belive in Jesus as the son of God.

But when people see this verse they think of God as some big bully who wants to punish everyone. But let me leave you this verse:

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4

This is what I want when I die.

Cloaked Shadow: I hope this isnt offensive in anyway, I respect you and your religion and I acually would like to learn more about Islam, because to tell you the truth I dont really know a lot about it

lope6jw0.jpg

May I try to clarify some things about the Christian view of sin, salvation, and the afterlife?

Basically, everyone is already condemned by his own sin. We are born into a fallen world, and each and every person has fallen short of God's standard. Everyone is heading for eternal death. No matter how much good we do, we cannot live up to the perfection God requires.

However, God offers us a way out. He bore the punishment for our disobedience and disbelief so that we can be free to believe and do good works.

To Cloaked Shadow: simply believing in Christ's existence does not get you into heaven, according to Christianity. Not even believing he was a prophet will. One must accept him as Savior, and believe he is Lord. This leads one to live a life of good works, though those good works have no power for salvation.

Anyway, I don't want to go too far off topic, and the mods will get mad if they think I'm trying to turn this into (how's that for alliteration, eh?) an evangelizing post, so please PM me if any of you have any questions or replies, and I'll do my best to respond adequately. Hopefully I helped some of you understand the Christian view of things a little better.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Finally, someone who can clarify things better than i can! :P

Oh, and Jack, I can give you some insight about Islam, just because i live in an Islamic populated country, and in school, it is copulsary to study it in History. If you need an insight, just pm me!

wildernesssc2.jpg

Well... I understand that part. But my parent weren't Christians at first. Maybe sometimes, you have to listen carefully. Maybe Jesus is calling you and......... Maybe you can't or don't want to hear....... I believe that deep down, everybody BELIVES that He exist, but are afraid to go to him because of one or the other reason/

Oh, and Christianity is not hypocritcal. It gives others a chance , DESPITE all their wrong doings. I think it gives people hope.

In case that was directed at me, I was saying that I think it's hypocritical.

Yes you would believe your parents point of view on religion and would be brought up to believe Islam (or whatever religion it is i.e Christianity) is true. But as you grow into an adult you have free will to believe in whatever you want. So someone might say well what happens for the young kids who die believing in Islam because their parents did. Well thankfully it says in the Bible that the young up until one turning into an adult will go to heaven if they die. :)

Also it says that just believing that Jesus is real and was a prophet will not give you eternal life but you have to confess that He is our saviour and the messiah who came to Earth and died on the cross for our sins. That is the way to get to Heaven the Bible says :)

Anyway that is my personal belief which I believe is true and I hope I didn't cause offense to anyone but hopefully gave an insight to a Christian's belief.

"He (God) will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power" Thessalonians 1:8,9 (NIV)

The Gospel of Jesus, is what Jesus taught and he taught that he was the son of God, so I think that you have to belive in Jesus as the son of God.

Ok. Going from that verse, so long as you do one or the other you'll be fine?

This is why I find religion to be a bit on the 'bs' side of things. I must've read close to 30 ways of being able to get into heaven and they all can't be right since s lot of them have conflicting information.

*shrug*

Isnt the bible meant to be contradictive as a kind of test to see if people will still blindly follow it?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This is why I find religion to be a bit on the 'bs' side of things. I must've read close to 30 ways of being able to get into heaven and they all can't be right since s lot of them have conflicting information.

*shrug*

First of all, it doesn't say "do this to get into heaven", more like, do this to avoid being destroyed for good and never being able to know god's majesty again.

Second, there is no super special way to get into heaven, or please god or whatever you think you're accomplishing. Just because the bible says that you should do this, it doesn't mean that you're getting a go straight to heaven card if you do that. Also, why can't there be more than one "way" or thing you have to do.

When you say 30 different ways, are you talking about all within christianity? Many cultures believe in some sort of heaven like afterlife for certain people, so of course those would conflict. If you're talking about all within christianity, it's be helpful if you were specific.

Isnt the bible meant to be contradictive as a kind of test to see if people will still blindly follow it?

As far as I've ever seen, most bible "contradictions" are either misinterpretations of what the bibles says, outright lies, or narrow minded perspective of the analysis of the scriptures. I've seen "contradictions" before where they say something like "the bible says thou shalt not kill but then at (scripture) it says 'it's better to kill a man' so the bible is contradicting itself" when the actual scripture says something like "it's better to kill a man than to kill a pregnant woman" or something that would actually made sense if they gave the whole scripture. They take things out of context all the time. So far I've never seen a "contradicion" that held water when you actually research it and think about it clearly.

O, then heres an easy one... Is God merciful or merciless?

Psalm 136:1

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 100:5

For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

---

Numbers 25:4

And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun

Samuel 6:19

And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

This isnt a thread RE: the bible however so if you want to discuss this furthar gimme a pm. im always willing to discuss religeon :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Wow, thanks for all of the answers...I think i understand Christian belief a bit better now. Apparently, Islam and Christianity have many, many similarities. For example, how if i child dies before he/she is independant, he/she will immediately go to heaven. The difference is that in our religion, it is not because he is not able to change religion, it is because he does not understand the difference between sins and good deeds clearly. Also, we believe all humans will go to heaven as long as they perform good deeds. Something like murder, or even suicide, is a major crime because you have taken away life that wasnt yours in the first place.

Anyway, thanks for all of your answers. If you have any questions about Islam just send me a message.

NOTE:

Well, i'm dutch, and i used a translater for this, if someone Dutch is reading this, please correct with the right term for: flauwvallen

Last year and 2 years before i fainted ( this is what the translater gave for 'flauwvallen ) in class, it is really wierd, First all starts to turn and then, kaboom, you sort of 'wake up', just like those minutes never happened!

It's a bit different from sleeping, seeing as this is from one moment to another.

So i think something like that is going to happen, with the difference that you won't wake up.

koen9qy.png

*shrug*

Conflicting information doesn't automatically make religion false or ridiculous. What you if were to come across two conflicting hypothosises proposed by different scientists? Would you conclude that science is "BS"?

Nearly all religions grasp at truth, and many, if not all of them, contain some truth. However, I believe that only Christianity contains the full truth. Please don't accuse me of being arrogant for this belief, because I'm not trying to be arrogant. I'm not saying "haha, I'm right, and all you suckers are morons." - I'm simply saying that I believe God has revealed his truth through the Bible, and that all of man's attempts to fully grasp that truth have only been partially successful.

But yes, if you do one or the other (Obey God's commandments or accept His grace) you'll be fine. The problem is that none of us can keep His commandments. Christianity teaches that the only man who never sinned is Jesus Christ.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

The problem is that none of us can keep His commandments. Christianity teaches that the only man who never sinned is Jesus Christ.

Exactly. Paul went as far to say in the book of Romans that God gave us the Law *so that we would realize we cannot do it alone and put our faith in God to be graceful*.

summerpngwy6.jpg

This is the one reason I wish I was hindu (the whole reincarnation thing combined with mokasha) :) . I personally try to avoid thinking about it but I think we sort of swtich off like was said earlier.

I disagree with most organized religions that conclude that our actions will determine a "heaven or hell" (I have gone to both catholic and fundementalist christian schools so I know quite a bit about christianity even though I am agnostic and the more I learn about it the more I disagree) the primary reason I disagree with these is that they set such exact requirements for being "saved" It seems to me that any truly loving caring god would not only save people that worship him in his "true form" because they have either not heard of him or folowed some other "misguided fools". So if there is a "Heaven" we could be saved based on our intentions instead of our actions.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42

O, then heres an easy one... Is God merciful or merciless?

Psalm 136:1

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 100:5

For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

---

Numbers 25:4

And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun

Samuel 6:19

And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

This isnt a thread RE: the bible however so if you want to discuss this furthar gimme a pm. im always willing to discuss religeon :P

Let not take verses out of context shall we? Lets look at the 2 verses that appear before Numbers 25:4......" 1 While Israel was staying in [cabbage]tim, the men began to indulge in sexual immorality with Moabite women, 2 who invited them to the sacrifices to their gods. The people ate and bowed down before these gods. 3 So Israel joined in worshiping the Baal of Peor. And the LORD's anger burned against them."

Now why was the Lord angry? The Jews were God's chosen people, and if you skip back to chapters 21 and 22 you see that God had just rescused them by defeating their enemies who were attacking them without cause. Now right after God did this, some of the Jewish men began staying with the local woman and began worshipping their gods. Because the men so unrightously turned away from what they new to be true, they were punished.

Now lets look at 1 Samuel 6:19. Here we see God "slaughtering" many a men. Why you ask? Turn to Numbers 4:20 where it says "20 But they shall not go in to watch while the holy things are being covered, lest they die.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Yes you would believe your parents point of view on religion and would be brought up to believe Islam (or whatever religion it is i.e Christianity) is true. But as you grow into an adult you have free will to believe in whatever you want. So someone might say well what happens for the young kids who die believing in Islam because their parents did. Well thankfully it says in the Bible that the young up until one turning into an adult will go to heaven if they die. :)

Also it says that just believing that Jesus is real and was a prophet will not give you eternal life but you have to confess that He is our saviour and the messiah who came to Earth and died on the cross for our sins. That is the way to get to Heaven the Bible says :)

Anyway that is my personal belief which I believe is true and I hope I didn't cause offense to anyone but hopefully gave an insight to a Christian's belief.

While your arguement is just, if you were to look into the bible, you would find no such verse. What is true is that we well be held accountable according to what we know. Psalms 19:1-2 says "1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.". Romans 1:18-20 then goes on to say "18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualitiesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

I disagree with most organized religions that conclude that our actions will determine a "heaven or hell" (I have gone to both catholic and fundementalist christian schools so I know quite a bit about christianity even though I am agnostic and the more I learn about it the more I disagree) the primary reason I disagree with these is that they set such exact requirements for being "saved" It seems to me that any truly loving caring god would not only save people that worship him in his "true form" because they have either not heard of him or folowed some other "misguided fools". So if there is a "Heaven" we could be saved based on our intentions instead of our actions.

Lets look at 2 passages shall we?

First, Galatians 2:16 "16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified."

Secondly, Ephesians 2:8-9 "8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faithÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

I'm atheist. For people who don't understand this word I looked up an explanation :)

- the doctrine or belief that there is no God

- a lack of belief in the existence of God or gods

Kinda speaks for itself, so in my opinion after life there is nothing. It's kinda like sleeping I think. just without any form of conscience or dreams. I just can't imagine there is an uppercreature who controls everything. Espec. not life and death.

Tho I don't believe I show respect to everyone who believes in a god as long as freedom of speech is allowed and we treat eachother with respect.

AMEN

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)