Is a terrorbird a must to get an adze?

coldsorcu

Its not necessary, as you can bank to fill your inventory with logs. However it is highly recommended you get one as the Terror Bird serves far more purposes then just getting the adze.

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

You could also use things like super energy pots and strange fruits to boost your run energy.

Or friends standing next to the beacons or along the way you will be running.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

can't you fill all the beacons before you light em? i hear that's how it's done.
Yes you can but you still need to give an extra 5 logs to the keeper once you have lit them on at least the first half dozen beacons.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

just go bath in the oo'glog pools for infinite run energy anfter u filled all the beacons. i advise getting a terrorbird for i will allow you to keep on lighting all the beacons till edge and paying the NPC to keep an eye on the fires. without, ull have to tele a couple of times but it wont be that hard

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

It would make it much more difficult, but I haven't heard of someone doing it without one. Don't forget to wear light gears, and the boots of lightness/spottier cape and all.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Also, how's the adze cutting speed? Similar/lower then d. axe?

And the best logs to use? I think I'll get some of my friends to help me (keep the extra logs while I run)

Also, thanks for reminding me of the oogloog pools, forgot about those #-o

I don't know if you can pull off yew, but I know most my friends who have adze used magic. Also according to jagex, the adze is equivalent to a dragon axe and rune pick.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I don't know if you can pull off yew, but I know most my friends who have adze used magic. Also according to jagex, the adze is equivalent to a dragon axe and rune pick.

ive heard its possible to pull it off with just oak logs and still have a little time to spare. You probably have to be perfect in your runs or something but yea its possible. The higher log you use the more mistakes you can make since u get more time

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png

Fill the beacons the first time through walking, then dip in the Ooglog pool and make another trip, lighting them all.

That's how I did it without using any familiars.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Also, how's the adze cutting speed? Similar/lower then d. axe?

The chop speed of the adze is exactly identical to the dragon axe. The difference is that it incinerates 30% of the logs you cut, which means it takes more logs to fill your inventory, which means you get faster experience. Oh, and you get firemaking experience for the logs it burns. Also, it doubles as a rune pickaxe, if a shooting star lands next to you or something.

Yes, the cut rate is identical to the dragon hatchet. It's a hatchet now guys, let's speak of it properly. ;) Anyway, I would suggest using the Oo'glog pool AND bringing a terrorbird with about 100 scrolls. I would use yew or mage logs with the beacons, because then you won't really have to pay the guards since they will burn for a good amount of time. Do a practice run also with like maples or w/e to see how fast you can go. Good luck! :)

PM me for fitocracy invite