bought a notebook but...

psvstef

hello,

I bought a notebook on the internet,toshiba tecra A2.

The problem is there is a program installed wich starts running when i put the notebook on.

It does ask for my username?? and password??

Program is called: Novell client 4.91 SP3 for Windows?

I don't know why it is installed but i'd like to remove so i can actually use my notebook.

can anyone help me?

thx in advance

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Install CCleaner then take a screenshot of all the programs installed.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

First questions first: Was it new? I have never heard of computers that were brand new and had Novell installed on them.

Install CCleaner then take a screenshot of all the programs installed.

i can't log in on the notebook :|

it was not a new notebook,it is a second hand.

But the people didnt uninstall that program before they sold it :x

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Ok this is based on the notebook being owned by you and not obtained via any illegal means.

Download this on another PC and burn it to CD or USB (unetbootin should work fine with it) then insert the disk/usb and it should recover all the passwords to the notebook. Then login as administrator and delete, add or edit the usernames and passwords.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

This will whip the usb drive so be warned

Download the .iso file then download unetbootin.

Insert the usb drive into the PC with the ISO and unetbootin, then run unetbootin select the iso and the flash drive then hit start.

The remove the usb stick insert it into the notebook in question then reboot the notebook. It should boot from the usb and start finding the passwords. If it goes into windows reboot and hit delete, F2 or F10 to bring up setup. Then on the boot order menu make sure usb FDD, usb HDD, usb CDD are all above IDE or SATA HDD. Save changes and reboot. Now it should definaelty boot into the program.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I downloaded the file from the link you gave,unzipped it all,what now? :oops:

Ophcrack wont work for novell client, it only works for the default windows login.

It sounds like the laptop might have been from a school or business that used novell to moderate logins, you might have to wipe the harddrive and reinstall the os.

edit:Does it look like this?

ssc_novell01.gif

Just format the entire hard drive (wipe everything), and install Windows XP or Vista (if you have the disk)?

If you're willing to do this, the easiest way will be to insert your Windows disk, get to the install part, and format the hard drive before installing.

I believe that if you insert the Windows disk before booting the laptop on (turning it on), it should load the Windows Installer. If it does not, restart the laptop while the disk is in.

From here you will be able to wipe the Hard Drive, and install a clean version of Windows, which you can use.

Did it come pre-installed on the notebook? Or do you have a recovery disk or something laying around?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

no i don't have any cd's when i boot the notebook from Cd is tells me: insert system disk in drive.

should i go lookin for a recovery cd?

When it says 'insert system disk in drive' it means that you need to insert a disk that has an installable operating system, therefore, a recovery disk will do nothing. You could probably get away with Ubuntu if I'm honest.

no i don't have any cd's when i boot the notebook from Cd is tells me: insert system disk in drive.

When it says 'insert system disk in drive' it means that you need to insert a disk that has an installable operating system, therefore, a recovery disk will do nothing. You could probably get away with Ubuntu if I'm honest.

That's usually what people call a recovery disk. :P
hopesolopatriot.jpg

That's usually what people call a recovery disk. :P

That's not what I've been told to call it by many people, and the internet. I stand corrected.

Hah so what, we told this guy to nuke his hard drive and he doesn't even have an OS to install on it? Wonderful. =D>

He could use Ubuntu, or any other version of Linux. I've never used Linux, but I guess it's the best free OS he can get.