Rise Against

Donkeykong23

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think Appeal to Reason is that bad.

I'm not into all that vegetarian, save the trees and animals stuff, though. Could do without that. :|

But that's what is so great about them. They manage to be hugely political, while still gathering a large fanbase of people from all spectrums. They've mastered the art of writing music with the message they want to deliver, while not shoving things down anyone's throat.

Thats the thing about Rise Against, you don't have to support PETA to enjoy their music. Then again, they're not forcing everyone to become vegetarians.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

My favourite band ever. I only have two of their CD's but I'm tempted to buy appeal to reason.

The Sufferer and the Witness, Siren Song of the Counter Culture, and Revolutions Per minute are their best albums. Get whichever of those three you don't have before Appeal to Reason.

My favourite band ever. I only have two of their CD's but I'm tempted to buy appeal to reason.

The Sufferer and the Witness, Siren Song of the Counter Culture, and Revolutions Per minute are their best albums. Get whichever of those three you don't have before Appeal to Reason.

Mmm, I guess I should get Revolutions per minute first...

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Yeah, it's best to go in chronological order. It shows you their progression. the Unraveling is also really good, it was their debut album. But it's very hardcore, so if you're not into every song of full yelling.. you can just skip over that album and go to RPM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

Yeah, it's best to go in chronological order. It shows you their progression. the Unraveling is also really good, it was their debut album. But it's very hardcore, so if you're not into every song of full yelling.. you can just skip over that album and go to RPM.

I guess I went in a sort of reverse order, I got the sufferer and the witness first. :?

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

[hide=]

I guess I went in a sort of reverse order, I got the sufferer and the witness first. :?

[/hide]

It's alright ha. That album is great. I guess it doesn't really matter what order you go in. Just make sure to check out their older stuff that never got popular, because it's just as good as the new.

[hide=]

[/hide]

It's alright ha. That album is great. I guess it doesn't really matter what order you go in. Just make sure to check out their older stuff that never got popular, because it's just as good as the new.

True, I'd say it's my favourite album so far. Don't think I haven't heard a single song by them I didn't like, well, I didn't like built to last much.

ezegyc.png

On the general Rise Against topic, does anyone else dislike Zach (their new guitarist)? I don't know what it is about him, but I can't stand him. I miss Chris Chasse or Todd M(something). Zach just seems like a bit of a douche to me and from what I've seen and heard, he's not very good live.

But whatever, it's probably just because I really liked Chris.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

On the general Rise Against topic, does anyone else dislike Zach (their new guitarist)? I don't know what it is about him, but I can't stand him. I miss Chris Chasse or Todd M(something). Zach just seems like a bit of a douche to me and from what I've seen and heard, he's not very good live.

But whatever, it's probably just because I really liked Chris.

Eh, I like Zach. I also like Chris. I've only seen them live with Zach so I can't really compare. Zach is very energetic and outgoing where Chris was sort of a recluse. In Generation Lost they talked about how Chris just kind of did his own thing, played a show, and was by himself until the next one. When Chris left they said he could not handle the touring.. which is plausible because they were going nonstop. But recently in an interview they said they just had to sit down with him and ask him what is his problem and if he was enjoying himself. I mean bands need good chemistry. They all, including Chris, decided to get a new guitarist.

If you're a Chris fan.. check out his first band since Rise Against, Last of the Believers. They'er not doing much as of now, but his newest one Nations Afire just got home from European tour. Both bands can be compared to Rise Against's sound.

I heard some of their new album and I was less than impressed, really. I'd heard a lot about Rise Against from various sources, and I went into their latest with pretty high expectations and I was let down quite a lot.

I'll check out some of the albums that have been mentioned beforehand, though; as from what I've read, they were better received than Appeal to Reason.

The problem with Appeal To Reason is that most songs on that album sound the same and they don't grab your attention as much as their previous albums. I understand that bands have to change their style at some point, but they could have put in a lot more effort on ATR.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

The problem with Appeal To Reason is that most songs on that album sound the same and they don't grab your attention as much as their previous albums. I understand that bands have to change their style at some point, but they could have put in a lot more effort on ATR.

They didn't change their style. They just progressed. They're still the same band with the same message and attitude. Also, I think that Appeal was poorly put together. They have released two songs on vinyl for Fat Wreckchords that are simply amazing, but they didn't feel fit onto Appeal.

They didn't change their style. They just progressed. They're still the same band with the same message and attitude. Also, I think that Appeal was poorly put together. They have released two songs on vinyl for Fat Wreckchords that are simply amazing, but they didn't feel fit onto Appeal.

I meant progressed, right.

safari20hat11.jpg

I heard some of their new album and I was less than impressed, really. I'd heard a lot about Rise Against from various sources, and I went into their latest with pretty high expectations and I was let down quite a lot.

I'll check out some of the albums that have been mentioned beforehand, though; as from what I've read, they were better received than Appeal to Reason.

Yeah, Appeal to Reason was their worst album (though I still liked it), but the three that preceded it are pretty much incredible.

Yeah, Appeal to Reason was their worst album (though I still liked it), but the three that preceded it are pretty much incredible.

Agreed.