Rise Against

Donkeykong23

I couldn't find a thread about them!

I've been listening to them more than usual nowadays, and they're easily my favorite.

I like the scratchiness of the vocals, and how catchy the songs are.

Anyone else here a fan? :thumbup:

Nope, I dont really like them.

I seem to be the only person that doesnt. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm a big fan. Like, big fan as in I have every song by them, every The Killing Tree song, every Baxter song, every... I think you get the point.

New stuff isn't nearly as good as pre The sufferer & the witness. Not that ts&tw is a bad album, but I'm not huge on appeal to reason.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I only like one, maybe two songs by them. I don't really like his voice.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

One of the songs with the lead singer not having his scratchy-yelly type voice is Swing Life Away. Haven't heard anyone yet dislike that song

I dislike it, way too soft imo :P

I don't mind most of their songs and I do listen to them once in a while, but they're not as awesome as they are made out to be.

2dvjurb.png

One of the songs with the lead singer not having his scratchy-yelly type voice is Swing Life Away. Haven't heard anyone yet dislike that song

I dislike it, way too soft imo :P

Hmm yeah I think that's the only complaint I could see with it. It is one of the few softer songs I like.

I really love them, The Sufferer and the Witness being my favorite album of theirs and just one of my favorite albums. Appeal to Reason was their weakest that i've heard by far (haven't heard The Unraveling though), but their are definitely still some great songs on there (Savior).

I prefer stuff off of 'The Unraveling' and 'Revolutions Per Minute' over TS&TW and later. I love to see them changing their sound and still being good, but their earlier stuff is still what I prefer. 'Siren Songs of the Counter Culture' might be my favourite album though. Either that 'To the Core', 'Black Masks and Gasoline', or

And Pink Bullet, all of 'Tip the Scales' is amazing.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I also like the first 3 albums the best...it's kind of a toss up, but I think I might like Revolutions per Minute best. I also have the Transistor Revolt demo...I think only one of the songs didn't make it onto Unraveling. The re-record of Unraveling at Blasting Room is definitely better than the original recording. Be sure to check out 88 Fingers Louie also...former band of a couple of them.

They have some good selections. The current ones in my playlist Re-Education and Prayer for the Refugee. They haven't been so good that I needed to go buy an album. So I can't say I dislike them, yet I really don't dislike any genre.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I also like the first 3 albums the best...it's kind of a toss up, but I think I might like Revolutions per Minute best. I also have the Transistor Revolt demo...I think only one of the songs didn't make it onto Unraveling. The re-record of Unraveling at Blasting Room is definitely better than the original recording. Be sure to check out 88 Fingers Louie also...former band of a couple of them.

Former band of just Joe. Their first guitarist Mr. Precision was also in 88 but he's been long gone since the Unraveling.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

One of the songs with the lead singer not having his scratchy-yelly type voice is Swing Life Away. Haven't heard yet of anyone disliking this song.

Me.

The music is too cliché, it's kinda lame. It used to be cool, but not really. I've realized they're just glorified hippies.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't think Appeal to Reason is that bad.

I'm not into all that vegetarian, save the trees and animals stuff, though. Could do without that. :|

But that's what is so great about them. They manage to be hugely political, while still gathering a large fanbase of people from all spectrums. They've mastered the art of writing music with the message they want to deliver, while not shoving things down anyone's throat.

I highly recommend buying their DVD "Generation Lost". It's just like a documentary about the band and fans. Really funny and shows how down to earth the dudes are. I believe you can find it on YouTube as well.