"You have just defeated..." what, where?

sees_all1

Alright, so I was WCing in a PVP world; occasionally someone would tango with me, I'll do damage, they'll do damage, no one dies, and after some name calling, I'd get back to WCing.

Just got a message - "You have just defeated XXXXXX" - great. I just lost drop potential, and I have no clue where this idiot died. Somehow I don't think its fair that I just missed out on a drop, and the person that killed him missed out on a drop, AND I lost drop potential. Talk about a waste.

I think the solution could be simple: if you kill someone who isn't close by, or you didn't get in the last hit, death should come to you and offer to take you to the grave site. I think that would be pretty fair.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I think the solution could be simple: if you kill someone who isn't close by, or you didn't get in the last hit, death should come to you and offer to take you to the grave site. I think that would be pretty fair.
Better yet, how about you don't get the kill at all, since somebody else actually dealt the final blow. All you did was fight them previously.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

How about it doesn't matter, because they probably weren't risking and didn't take away from your drop potential?

I think there should maybe be a 1-minute timer where if you did the majority of the damage you receive the drop. That way nobody can steal your kill, but if you opponent runs away and later gets killed, you don't lose drop potential.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

• 3 weeks later...
How about it doesn't matter, because they probably weren't risking and didn't take away from your drop potential?

I think there should maybe be a 1-minute timer where if you did the majority of the damage you receive the drop. That way nobody can steal your kill, but if you opponent runs away and later gets killed, you don't lose drop potential.

Something like this seems like the best compromise, it is a pain when you legitimately walk up and fight someone then find out another person did more damage 10 minutes ago.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Better yet, how about you don't get the kill at all, since somebody else actually dealt the final blow. All you did was fight them previously.

+1

It is much more frustrating having killed someone but not got the loot although I have been on both ends of the stick before.

The_Maddest.png

Well, what about poison? Then nobody would get the drop...

a70c7.png

Happened to me today.

I was Sitting around gaining Ep.

a DDSer come and specs me a few times. (Epic fail, btw) I kicked and dealt a few damage.

10 min. Later I see

"you have defeated xxxx"

went running for a while... Saw "zamorak Statuette" on ground just as it dissapeared :wall:

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]