Camping at abyssal demons.

psvstef

hello,

i'm currently camping at abyssal demons using this outfit and healing with a bunyip:

outfit.png

this is the best outfit i could think of.

Fighter hat because if i would wear beserker helm/neitzinot my max hit wouldn't change.

Fighter hat=warrior helm,only warrior helm has a bit higher defence bonus,i dont care.

i will keep the ring of wealth.

So what can i improve on my outfit?

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Oh i'm sure it works, just not enough to make up for your extra max hit +1 from the zerker ring. In other words it makes your chance of a whip 1 in 495 instead of 1 in 500. This has been sorta proven but I don't really understand it. Then again, it's up to you.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

^ what he said.

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Fact: Ring of wealth doesn't increase the chance of getting a whip, a whip is not a 'rare' drop.

Use a Zerker ring, despite what all calculators say, helm of neitiznot DOES increase the max hit.

While I whole-heartedly agree that would be the best option, the OP stated that he wears the ring of wealth regardless of any of other reason. For lack of a better word/reason, he does it superstitiously.

206mwr6.jpg

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||

122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||

16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

Fact: Ring of wealth doesn't increase the chance of getting a whip, a whip is not a 'rare' drop.

Use a Zerker ring, despite what all calculators say, helm of neitiznot DOES increase the max hit.

While I whole-heartedly agree that would be the best option, the OP stated that he wears the ring of wealth regardless of any of other reason. For lack of a better word/reason, he does it superstitiously.

It'd be like wearing a wealth when killing men, it has NO effect. Despite what he might like to use, it's inevitable that wealth is useless and that even a ROL would be a better choice...

Sumondskull6.png

Might change the bandos to verac skirt and proselyte top and pray 10% str, or even piety. Take a neitiznot then for the prayer bonus too (+ str).

isnt that a penance skirt, not bandos? what you said wasnt quite clear so sorry if im just not sure what you were talking about :?

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

It'd be like wearing a wealth when killing men, it has NO effect. Despite what he might like to use, it's inevitable that wealth is useless and that even a ROL would be a better choice...

I completely understand what you're saying and agree. It's psv (OP) who doesn't want to wear it.

206mwr6.jpg

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||

122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||

16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

Might change the bandos to verac skirt and proselyte top and pray 10% str, or even piety. Take a neitiznot then for the prayer bonus too (+ str).

isnt that a penance skirt, not bandos? what you said wasnt quite clear so sorry if im just not sure what you were talking about :?

Dude what are you talking about and why are you bringing up penance skirt?

No that clearly is bandos. The penace skirt is longer and a solid color i believe.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

proof?

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

proof?

There have been MANY people who are enlightened to the fact that ROW simply doesn't do what everyone thinks it does.

My proof is JaGex.

simple explination: There are two wheels for monster drops. the first wheel is spun, whatever it lands on chooses WHAT CATEGORY OF A DROP YOU WILL RECEIVE! ex: rare, common, uncommon.

wheel #2 decides WHAT DROP YOU GET FROM THAT CATEGORY!

ROW only increases the chance of better rare items on the SECOND wheel. So unless you get lucky in the first place ROW really doesn't do anything. Also a whip is 'uncommon', ROW has NO/ZERO/0/NONE/ZILCH effect on whips.

Sumondskull6.png

proof?

There have been MANY people who are enlightened to the fact that ROW simply doesn't do what everyone thinks it does.

My proof is JaGex.

simple explination: There are two wheels for monster drops. the first wheel is spun, whatever it lands on chooses WHAT CATEGORY OF A DROP YOU WILL RECEIVE! ex: rare, common, uncommon.

ROW only increases the chance of better rare items on the SECOND wheel. So unless you get lucky in the first place ROW really doesn't do anything. Also a whip is 'uncommon', ROW has NO/ZERO/0/NONE/ZILCH effect on whips.

I thought you knew what you were talking about at first...

You are on the right track. There is no uncommon category. It's called... you guessed it, rare.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

proof?

My proof is JaGex.

You are on the right track. There is no uncommon category. It's called... you guessed it, rare.

Sorry, there is uncommon.

Sumondskull6.png

proof?

My proof is JaGex.

Sorry, there is uncommon.

I guess I could be wrong that there is no uncommon wheel, although we can't really be sure of that. But sorry, whip is in the rare category. How do I know? Well, JAGEX HAS NOT RELEASED THE OFFICIAL "WHEELS" YET.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

2) Life hath no schedule to follow, for it is an ever evolving process, and the nature of balance decrees that things occur when they must occur.

However, all events hath their patterns, and by scrutinising that which hath occurred before thou may see the patterns that run through things, and mayhaps predict when new events might be brought about upon this world...

That's all Jagex stated. The only true way of knowing if a Ring of wealth then is through extensive testing. Zarfot (EXTREMELY credible source) , in his slayer guide and goals has accurately recorded with and without Ring of wealths. His tests conclude that the Whips are affected by the wealth.

Here's the drop rate for whips based on the tasks I did from 85 to 99 slayer, approximately from February 2007 to June 2007. Most tasks were done in the Alternate Abyss.

With wealth: 14 per 6045 demons, or 1 per 432 demons.

Without wealth: 14 per 6372 demons, or 1 per 455 demons.

I also got 2 dragon spears and 1 dragon med helm without wealth.

I did not get any dragon drops with wealth.

Of course, I cannot guarantee my data gives exactly the average rates, but it should be close. I do not believe that the whip drop rate has ever been changed, and I believe it is the same in both the Slayer Tower and Alternate Abyss.

Fact > rumors

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Oooh, you got kent on you now. ;)

I'd reccomend the ring of wealth. Even if it doesn't work as some people say, it gives you a lucky feeling when wearing it so you'll be motivated to keep killing.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Here's the drop rate for whips based on the tasks I did from 85 to 99 slayer, approximately from February 2007 to June 2007. Most tasks were done in the Alternate Abyss.

Of course, I cannot guarantee my data gives exactly the average rates, but it should be close. I do not believe that the whip drop rate has ever been changed, and I believe it is the same in both the Slayer Tower and Alternate Abyss.

Fact > rumors

Such a teeny tiny difference lol. If he had killed 327 more Demons with wealth and gotten no Whip drops, and thus getting an equal average drop as he did without the wealth, which is quite probable, I don't think you'd be proclaiming this all over the place.

Anyways, OT: I'd say that you'd better take a Zerker/Warrior Ring than a RoW, apart from that your outfit looks perfect to me.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Fact > rumors

Such a teeny tiny difference lol. If he had killed 327 more Demons with wealth and gotten no Whip drops, and thus getting an equal average drop as he did without the wealth, which is quite probable, I don't think you'd be proclaiming this all over the place.

Anyways, OT: I'd say that you'd better take a Zerker/Warrior Ring than a RoW, apart from that your outfit looks perfect to me.

I remember Clifford got 100 whip drops and he used Zerker ring all the way, he says his whip drop rate was 1:700.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=752325

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/