Stronger Monsters in F2P

killer9823

We need some stronger monsters in F2P. I go and kill the Lesser Demons in level like 48 wildy all the time and fear I'm going to get crushed by Rev's. Then I go to Roach Soldiers and they're too easy! I think that F2P needs a stronger monster for some training.....

killer9823.png

Killer9823.png

99 Fletch Achieved 1/1/2010

You want higher leveled training monsters? What? Training monsters aren't supposed to be high levels, because higher levels tend to have higher defence. If you want a challange kill some Revs.

Beat me to it lol

Revs aren't good enough for you? I guess you could pk

I want you to realize a few things.

1. Strong =/= better for training. In fact, the fastest xp in f2p, for both melee and ranged is on a level 50 monster, not some sort of juiced up demon in the wilderness. In reality, strong usually = WORSE for training. So if it's faster xp you want, just know that you can already get 45k xp per hour in f2p. There's nothing wrong with that. Sure it's a bit slow, but only if you compare it to members. Otherwise, on the f2p scale, it's at the top.

2. You contradicted yourself.

We need some stronger monsters in F2P. I go and kill the Lesser Demons in level like 48 wildy all the time and fear I'm going to get crushed by Rev's.

What I hear is: "I get owned by a tough monster, so killing them is too hard. Then I kill a weaker one, but that's too easy! WHEN WILL THIS TORMENT END?!?" Um, no. You said you wanted a tougher monster to kill, but you got it already: Revs. Challenging enough?

3. Can f2p even HANDLE a tougher monster?

With RUNE armor and RUNE scimitars WITHOUT any real potions, WITH a max hit of 33, AND food that heals only 14 hp in one bite, do you think that f2p honestly handle anything tougher than Revenants? Tbh, I don't think f2p can. Sure the high levels can if they team together, but no one else can. You'd be making an update that serves such a small population, you're better off not adding it at all.

I think there should be a "coackroach queen" or something that has a massive amount of hp but is quite easy to kill. Because seriously, i wouldn't have quit Runescape at level 47 before if i knew that there were bosses! My friends wouldn't have quit either. Lol. Like 5 level 50's could kill it, but in like 20 minutes and 2 or 3 of them would die. But then f2ps will think its too easy and get p2p. Prayer should be disabled when fighting it. And it should have some kind of special attack that makes it difficult to solo. Rev's don't really count.

^

Well that leads to 'improving F2P combat triangle' then. Or 'increasing the loot gained from revenants'..Then the F2P would have reasonable Group PvMing

Right. So the real question isn't "Should f2p get something tougher?", it's "Should f2p get better rewards for killing tough monsters?"

^

Well that leads to 'improving F2P combat triangle' then. Or 'increasing the loot gained from revenants'..Then the F2P would have reasonable Group PvMing

Right. So the real question isn't "Should f2p get something tougher?", it's "Should f2p get better rewards for killing tough monsters?"

Hey, I was stating that Revenants need slight increase in their loot value, 20-800 gp is a joke. But of course, lower level revenants would have weaker drops, and higher level revenants higher drops. This would actually work, then F2P would have a damn use for Loot/Coin-Share.

High leveled Revs 90-120 would drop Rune SQs (not a common drop but not extremely rare), rune chainbodies (very rare), rune warhammers (rare), 8-18 nature, law and water runes (common), 11-19 adamant arrows (very common), noted adamant and coal ore (adamant 5..coal 10..this would make the smelting oven in the Wild useful, as it is near the Bounty Hunter bank, common), ruby and diamond amulets (uncommon), limpwurt roots noted (4 limps, common), earth and fire staves (common), and finally green d'hide bodies.. (uncommon)

Mid-leveled Revs 60-90 would drop Rune Full Helms (rare), Adamant Platebodies and legs (uncommon), mithril arrows (8-15, common) and adamant arrows (5-9, uncommon), Rune Maces (rare), noted mithril and coal ore (mithril 4, coal 7, common), diamond rings and ruby rings (uncommon), ruby and emerald amulets (between common and uncommon), cosmic and air and death and law (9-14 common, deaths and laws in less numbers), blessed symbols (common), air staves (common), and finally green d'hide legs.. (uncommon)

Low leveled Revs 20-50 would drop Adamant Chainbodies, warhammers and kiteshields (rare), Mithril Kiteshields and platelegs (uncommon), fire, air and chaos and law runes (common, laws and chaos runes in less numbers), noted steel bars, iron ore and iron bars (steel bars 3; uncommon. Iron ores 6; Common. Iron bars 4; Common.) Unstrung symbols (common), steel, iron and mithril arrows (9-15, mithril arrows in less numbers, common), maple shortbows (common), sapphire amulets and emerald rings (common) and finally studded bodies and green d'hide vambs (common)..

If you want stronger monsters, go P2P. If JaGeX gave F2P half the stuff P2P people had then not so many people would become P2P, and actually making RuneScape worse in the long run... And seriously, it's only 6 freaking dollars a month, work 1 hour for McDonalds once a month, and there you go, membership. So don't be that lazy and only complain for stuff when you can get that for one hour of work.

1119king.png

Proud Quest Cape owner

Some people don't have a credit card.

And jagex seems incredibly resistant of making easier payment methods OUTSIDE the US.

SMS? I think almost every country with an official server has that option.

I would have to agree though, that your options outside the US and UK are limited.

If you want stronger monsters, go P2P. If JaGeX gave F2P half the stuff P2P people had then not so many people would become P2P, and actually making RuneScape worse in the long run... And seriously, it's only 6 freaking dollars a month, work 1 hour for McDonalds once a month, and there you go, membership. So don't be that lazy and only complain for stuff when you can get that for one hour of work.

Another foolish P2P fool. Care to even read my post I made, none of the stuff is P2P.

Oh and Jagex seems to keep the easier P2P paying methods for the Americans..FOOL.

Another foolish P2P fool. Care to even read my post I made, none of the stuff is P2P.

Oh and Jagex seems to keep the easier P2P paying methods for the Americans..FOOL.

Actually, if you re-read his post you would realize that he wasn't responding to your post, he was responding to the OP.

On Topic: No, F2P is fine with the monsters we have. For training purposes our monsters are fine, I've gotten all my combat stats in the Stronghold of Security. Also, as somebody who has trained a lot in F2P, we really don't need stronger monsters to train on. Higher level monsters are actually much worse to train on, compare the exp/hour for Giant Spiders (50) and lesser demons (81). Last time I tested (Ran 3, 1 hour long tests, averaged it out) I made out with about 35k melee exp per hour at spiders, and about 15k melee exp per hour at demons. Not to mention the amount of time spent gathering food at lesser demons.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

And jagex seems incredibly resistant of making easier payment methods OUTSIDE the US.

I would have to agree though, that your options outside the US and UK are limited.

Yea, SMS is [developmentally delayed]ed.

YAY I CAN NOW SPEND DOUBLE DA MONEYS THAN EVERYONE ELSE BEING MEMBASS BY UZING MY FONEEEE!!!

O.O

Yea, SMS is [developmentally delayed].

YAY I CAN NOW SPEND DOUBLE DA MONEYS THAN EVERYONE ELSE BEING MEMBASS BY UZING MY FONEEEE!!!

It isn't double. PayByCash isn't even double.

[hide]

^

Hey, I was stating that Revenants need slight increase in their loot value, 20-800 gp is a joke. But of course, lower level revenants would have weaker drops, and higher level revenants higher drops. This would actually work, then F2P would have a damn use for Loot/Coin-Share.

High leveled Revs 90-120 would drop Rune SQs (not a common drop but not extremely rare), rune chainbodies (very rare), rune warhammers (rare), 8-18 nature, law and water runes (common), 11-19 adamant arrows (very common), noted adamant and coal ore (adamant 5..coal 10..this would make the smelting oven in the Wild useful, as it is near the Bounty Hunter bank, common), ruby and diamond amulets (uncommon), limpwurt roots noted (4 limps, common), earth and fire staves (common), and finally green d'hide bodies.. (uncommon)

Mid-leveled Revs 60-90 would drop Rune Full Helms (rare), Adamant Platebodies and legs (uncommon), mithril arrows (8-15, common) and adamant arrows (5-9, uncommon), Rune Maces (rare), noted mithril and coal ore (mithril 4, coal 7, common), diamond rings and ruby rings (uncommon), ruby and emerald amulets (between common and uncommon), cosmic and air and death and law (9-14 common, deaths and laws in less numbers), blessed symbols (common), air staves (common), and finally green d'hide legs.. (uncommon)

Low leveled Revs 20-50 would drop Adamant Chainbodies, warhammers and kiteshields (rare), Mithril Kiteshields and platelegs (uncommon), fire, air and chaos and law runes (common, laws and chaos runes in less numbers), noted steel bars, iron ore and iron bars (steel bars 3; uncommon. Iron ores 6; Common. Iron bars 4; Common.) Unstrung symbols (common), steel, iron and mithril arrows (9-15, mithril arrows in less numbers, common), maple shortbows (common), sapphire amulets and emerald rings (common) and finally studded bodies and green d'hide vambs (common)..

[/hide]

That's pretty good. You change the loot, and revs are fine. You don't, and maybe ~100 would be good for a new monster. Top things off, and then you wouldn't have to add anything IMO.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again