MLG Pro Circuit - June 4th - 7th - Columbus

InkofDeath

Hopefully a lot of you know about Major League Gaming or MLG. For those that don't it's basically a professional (yes, as in paid) league for Halo, Gears of War 2, and now World of Warcraft (Arena). Halo is the flagship game they support, with the largest winnings as well. Anyways it's a league thats been around for a good 6 or 7 years? Anyways if you want more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Gaming

mlgpro.com (For this weekend you'll be redirected to the live broadcast of the leagues going on, so you'll need to click another link or whatever to find information on the organization)

-----------------

This time around MLG is at Columbus and has already gotten their way through about half of the season already, but I thought now would be the time to start the speculations on the winners of this circuit spot, and I'll include some recap on the good games this Friday and Saturday.

One match I want to bring up is Str8 Ripping Vs Carbon. That was a very back and forth match, but Str8 really did just narrowly pull a win from there. I'm thinking Carbon if they follow the consistency they showed against Str8 they'll get into the semi-finals for the loser bracket at least.

Instinct dominated Believe the Hype anyways so thats not really worth mentioning, but what is, is Final Boss dominating Ambush, and Triggers Down dominating Classic as well.

At 7:30 PM EST, we have Str8 Ripping going against Instinct and Final Boss Vs Triggers Down. Will be epic.

I'm thinking Str8 will pull the win and TD will out-perform Final Boss in teamwork.

-----

So yea, if anyone else watches the MLG Pro Circuit or is a fan of MLG post away if you watch it and maybe we can get a channel going on the tip.it irc to talk about the matches on Sunday or we could do a ventrilo/teamspeak thing as well.

Also I'm only a Halo fan for MLG, can't stand watching GoW2 or WoW, but don't let it stop you from posting about the two games here if you follow them. I don't know how many people here actually watch the live broadcast on MLG or even watch the matches, but I'm hoping to find some of you do.

Putting WoW in MLG seems like a really silly move, it's anything but balanced. Anyways I don't really pay attention to MLG. I don't care for Halo and I don't want to watch GoW2 or WoW either.

Putting WoW in MLG seems like a really silly move, it's anything but balanced. Anyways I don't really pay attention to MLG. I don't care for Halo and I don't want to watch GoW2 or WoW either.

They put WoW in there because of popularity as well as whatever the Arena offers for 'skill'. I don't watch WoW or GoW2, but I pay attention to Halo. Though only because it's a FPS and it's worth watching to see dual headshot snipes, or killing sprees out of nowhere. Also entertaining since it shows where the competitive league for games or FPS's are heading to or where they're at. I don't really like Halo though so it's for those kill streaks or the 'wow, how'd he do that?' and such.

Can't wait till Call of Duty 4 though is brought back into the circuit later this season.

Tonights match-ups were pretty epic.

Triggers Down lead by SK and pisto1a really are why they beat Final Boss. Pisto1a going really huge in the first match with a 12 kill streak, and then SK being an actual nuisance to be honest through-out the entire series to Final Boss.

Then Instinct Vs Str8 Rippin, probably one of the most heated, most anticipated match-ups since 08 championships. Neither team disappointed and it felt like a championship series to be honest. 2-0 to str8 Ripping, then Instinct came back with 2-2, but Str8 just pulled ahead in Slayer. I think Str8's individual talent is what led them to win 50-41 in the last game, which isn't Instincts strong point, more so teamwork for objectives.

Was intense. Will be interesting to see what team emerges from the losers bracket to fight for the championship game. I'm going to go with Str8 Rippin to emerge from the Champions bracket however to go into the Championship match. They may play against Instinct again in my opinion.

Oh well, can't wait till tomorrow @ 3pm till 9pm eastern, is where these three matches are going to be epic.

It's a little (a lot) sad that WoW arena has forced its' way into MLG. How are you supposed to be able to compete competitively when the skill sets and moves are always changing with each new patch? Unless they base it on season 5 gear and moves (for example) and keep it that way forever, I'll never see it as a good e-sport.

I only watched the Str8 Rippin' vs. Carbon Match, and even then only the first 3 games. One thing I noticed is that Str8 Rippin does have the better individual talent, but Carbon comes through in Objective gametypes, where teamwork is more important than being able to go off on your own with killing frenzies.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I only watched the Str8 Rippin' vs. Carbon Match, and even then only the first 3 games. One thing I noticed is that Str8 Rippin does have the better individual talent, but Carbon comes through in Objective gametypes, where teamwork is more important than being able to go off on your own with killing frenzies.

Well Carbon left that teamwork at the door against Believe the Hype. I thought Carbon was going to dominate BtH, but BtH just 3-0'd Carbon in CTF, Oddball and slayer.

Interesting enough though is Status Quo's match against classic, which has turned into an 11 game series, since this is their second time meeinting up in this tournament. Lol, going to be long. :)

ololol xbox games at tournaments.

Without even watching the arena tourney you can guaruntee that an RMP team will win it.

Yeah that's pretty much anyone will ever see.

Plenty of intense matches all weekend long. Unfortunately my favorite team, instinct, got knocked out early.

Not really early, they still made top five, barely though. I don't know what happened to Instinct though against Classic, that was just wrong, Instinct is the better team.

TD Vs Str8 Rippin in an extended series though was pretty epic. Though the last 5 matches were a complete domination against TD though. Str8 might actually win the next tournament.

I somehow stumbled upon the circuit yesterday (lucky me; I forgot it was on this weekend) since I got really bored. Lots of intense matches, and mentioned already. I mainly watched the Halo and WoW players, as I've never played Gears before. I wasn't really rooting for anyone, but I liked the Halo more than the WoW because WoW spent half the time idling/setting up while Halo was non-stop shooting.

[hide=Winners]http://www.mlgpro.com/live/content/282693/MLG-Columbus-Hall-of-Champions

Halo 3 Columbus Championship 4v4

1st Place - $20,000

Str8 Rippin

2nd Place - $12,000

Triggers Down

3rd Place - $8,000

Final Boss

4th Place - $5,600

Classic

5th Place - $4,000

Instinct

6th Place - $2,800

Believe the Hype

7th Place - $2,000

Status Quo

8th Place - $1,600

Carbon

Gears of War 2 Columbus Championship 4v4

1st Place - $8,000

MbN: The Business

2nd Place - $4,000

The NSAN3Z

3rd Place - $2,000

NoX Raw Talent

4th Place - $1,000

pT Retaliation

World of Warcraft Columbus 3v3

1st Place - $9,000

SK Gaming

2nd Place - $4,500

eMazing Gaming

3rd Place - $2,250

Ensidia[/hide]

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

When you look at the money the teams won, then divide by four or five for the members, it's pretty motivating to place in the top 3 to be honest. Anything else past that is worthless.

:/

Hopefully in two years the average prize per championship is 40k and not 20k. Would really bring a new dynamic to the leagues.

Seems weird doesnt it lol. If you know much about gaming MLG has been starting to switch to Computer gaming. The games MLG is probably going to adopt TF2,Counter Strike, Counterstrike Source, ETC. In my opinion TF2 is going to be the game of 2009/2010.

If only Halo2 came back, Halo 2 was the most exciting season.

alperbaconsig.png

Thanks to ~Hiimben~ for the Awesome sig!

When you look at the money the teams won, then divide by four or five for the members, it's pretty motivating to place in the top 3 to be honest. Anything else past that is worthless.

:/

Hopefully in two years the average prize per championship is 40k and not 20k. Would really bring a new dynamic to the leagues.

Look into a few ESEA TF2 tournies or Counter Strike. Prize pots are huge, but there are more games, other than actual tournaments.

alperbaconsig.png

I would love to see TF2 in MLG. It really is one of the best balanced fps's around IMO.

That would be so fun to watch. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Well if MLG picked up TF2 it would be 6v6 format (Mostly 2 scout, 2 soldier, 1 demo, 1 medic)...which no one here but me likes.

TF2 does make sense though, it's a great spectator game, it has a good pace, attractive graphics, and no other leagues besides ESEA really have any sort of real prize pot for it.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Well if MLG picked up TF2 it would be 6v6 format (Mostly 2 scout, 2 soldier, 1 demo, 1 medic)...which no one here but me likes.

TF2 does make sense though, it's a great spectator game, it has a good pace, attractive graphics, and no other leagues besides ESEA really have any sort of real prize pot for it.

My brother plays on a team... So I know all about it and I have played in a few pugs, but it is an awesome game to play.

A little info on he Pro-Gaming itself...

6 players per team.

around 10 different maps are played on ( Well, Gravelpit, Badlands, Now Yukon, and a few more)

the main circuits are EASEA and Cevo

Great teams include 20id, Complexity, and Pandemic

alperbaconsig.png