Year of updates is FAIL

canadiansmurf

Exactly. This guy keeps contradicting himself, as I pointed out earlier.

People generally contradict themselves that much because they don't actually have a point to make, and they're just sputtering out talking points that they think sound good at the moment.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish jagex were more honest and just admitted that this year of upgrades is a way for them to coast by with barely working on rs or paying attention to rs while they focus on bringing out mechscape.

I agree?

I just wish the year of updates / upgrades were actually fuller in updates and upgrades. We've had some, but not nearly enough for six whole months.

I wish jagex were more honest and just admitted that this year of upgrades is a way for them to coast by with barely working on rs or paying attention to rs while they focus on bringing out mechscape.

Please. It's the year of UPGRADES, not UPDATES. Kindly search a dictionary to find out the meaning of this word. I'll save you the trouble though.

Upgrade - To raise to a higher level or standard. Jagex did this, with all the small upgrades that solved problems lingering in RS for years.

Also, "COMMUNITY? WHAT community?!"

Jagex are starting to reach out to fansites, I think that counts.

Other than fansites, Mod MMG also has his own clan chats. In addition, they have been posting teasers and information on some places like twitter or whatever (I don't use it personally, but the Tip.it Times mentioned it). Just go and read the Tip.it Times. I forgot the name of the article, but one of them was all about how Jagex has improved their interaction with the RS community throughout this year.

You can't build a Utopia in six months, or even a year.

What I'd like to specifically address is your point in wanting most areas of skills to be used. (I'd also like to address your spelling, but that just takes one sentence.)

If you were to make some areas of skills better, and make some worse. You accomplish nothing. Why? Because in the end of the day, one method will still be faster than other methods. One method will still be cheaper than other methods. So what you are really doing is simply CHANGING the methods that most people will use.

So, for example, if you made chins weaker and took away the 1/2 xp on cannon thing, the simple result would be that less people would chin and more people would cannon. Then on the H and A forum when people ask "99 range: how I get???", all people would do is say "cannon" instead of "chin". You solved nothing.

Ok you can balance the xp out for everything. So what? That still creates tiers. Some training methods are harder than others (attention-wise). So take more concentration to get optimal xp than others. Some have a higher chance of variation. And almost every skill has so much variation in training possibilities and training enhancers, coupled with future updates in which the entire system would need to be recalculated, this is simple put:

Impossible

So don't blame Jagex for wanting to save their time.

What I'd like to specifically address is your point in wanting most areas of skills to be used. (I'd also like to address your spelling, but that just takes one sentence.)

If you were to make some areas of skills better, and make some worse. You accomplish nothing. Why? Because in the end of the day, one method will still be faster than other methods. One method will still be cheaper than other methods. So what you are really doing is simply CHANGING the methods that most people will use.

So, for example, if you made chins weaker and took away the 1/2 xp on cannon thing, the simple result would be that less people would chin and more people would cannon. Then on the H and A forum when people ask "99 range: how I get???", all people would do is say "cannon" instead of "chin". You solved nothing.

Ok you can balance the xp out for everything. So what? That still creates tiers. Some training methods are harder than others (attention-wise). So take more concentration to get optimal xp than others. Some have a higher chance of variation. And almost every skill has so much variation in training possibilities and training enhancers, coupled with future updates in which the entire system would need to be recalculated, this is simple put:

Impossible

Then how come killing most monsters are rewarding?

It is still possible to make all skills/way to train a skill rewarding, though I agree, it is very difficult, but nothing is impossible.

We have 4 variables to take in hand: Time, Monetary Profit, XP, Level

Let's say for mining (example):

Rubidium Ore: 125 xp per ore, valuable, e.g. 5k per ore, found near a bank, lvl req: 70

Emeraldium Ore: 200xp per ore, non-valuable, e.g. 2.5k per ore, found near a bank, lvl req: 70

Sapphirium Ore: 200 xp per ore, valuable, found far from a bank, lvl req: 70

Diamondium Ore: 200xp per ore, valuable, found near a bank, lvl req: 80

I cannot claim that these statistics are perfectly accurate and therefore the ores are equally good to train on, but you get the main idea. Also, there is the variable of personal preference. Some prefer xp to money, time to money, xp to time, etc.

Impossible

It is still possible to make all skills/way to train a skill rewarding, though I agree, it is very difficult, but nothing is impossible.

Rubidium Ore: 125 xp per ore, valuable, e.g. 5k per ore, found near a bank, lvl req: 70

Emeraldium Ore: 200xp per ore, non-valuable, e.g. 2.5k per ore, found near a bank, lvl req: 70

I cannot claim that these statistics are perfectly accurate and therefore the ores are equally good to train on, but you get the main idea. Also, there is the variable of personal preference. Some prefer xp to money, time to money, xp to time, etc.

Most monsters are rewarding. All methods of training are rewarding. However, some methods are MOST rewarding, and ultimately they will dominate.

Offtopic: If by rewarding, you mean profit. It is impossible to train construction and make profit. That's just the nature of the skill.

Time and xp are the same variable, if you think about it. If method A takes 5 hours to do and offers 250k xp, and method B takes 3 hours to do and offers 250k xp, clearly method B and better, and if time/xp is the only consideration, method A is obsolete.

Let's take your example. First off, I would like to say this is pure speculation. To be an accurate result you need much more info, such as market prices, mining time, and respawn time.

Well first off, as far as I'm concerned mining needs no update. Maybe one to make it more profitable, but not one to make it faster. In p2p, the optimal xp/hour is over 80k. In f2p it's over 40k. Very hard to do, but possible.

So if I get this right:

Rubidium: Fastest xp, not worth as much as the others, and fast to mine

Emeraldium: Less xp, but more profit

Sappirium: Least xp, but most profit

Diamondium: Even lower xp, but even high profit, but at an even higher level

Is that correct?

Well let me make up some numbers, for sake of argument.

R: 70k xp/hour, no profit b/c powermining

E: 20k xp/hour, 200k profit

S: 15k xp/hour, 500k profit

D: 8k xp/hour, 1m profit

Clearly, the best option is Rubidium if you want to train mining. At 70k per hour, you get tons of xp. In just 1 hour of mining it, you get the xp equal to 8.75 hours of Diamondium. Sure you don't get 1m, but anyone can make 1m in 8.75 hours. (A rate of 114k per hour, which in members is dirt low.) Compared to Sappirium, you need only make 108k per hour. To Emeraldium, only 57k per hour. Clearly, Rubidium is the best option, and I think the members I gave are pretty realistic.

This is MONTH 6 of the updates year, and so far this year is graded as failing.

1. Skills have not been updated or improved

(DO NOT mention minor tweaks, they do not count they were adding the odd update to a skill through quests etc. forever)

DO NOT MENTION SC tools - These cheapened skills, and wrecked skills more than improving anything. Especially the smithing cape, so few people had it and after SC 1000's more have this cape now.

DO NOT TIE IN SKILLS TO EACH OTHER without reason, summoning was big for doing this, but penalized skillers who stay level 3 - but now that summoning exists, its only fair that if you have a 99 skill you should be able to unlock the summon monster for that skill, these monsters wouldn't give the combat exp. just the skill boost, like if you had 99 herblore you could get a macaw for the herbsSo, if you go to college and get a doctor's degree in medicine, you should automatically be able to have a geology degree? Or better yet, if I can get a doctor's degree in the history of Rock and roll (yes that's an actual course), it should also count as a doctor's degree for Russian history. It's only fair that those people who want a macaw should suck it up and get the combat levels. You are only holding back yourself

What I would like to see for skills:

Update the exp points for certain skills, currently we all train using the "fastest and cheapest" method which means that lots of areas of a skill are neglected - currently skills are innovative and offer a variety of ways to level but the other ways to level are ignored becuase it's not good exp, especially in skills like hunter, chinchompa's are boring, but the skill is so rich that its a pity people don't lvl using other wayswhile I do agree that we need to diverse ourselves, it's default that everyone would go to the best exp rate, whether it beat second place by 100k exp per hour or just 100 exp per hour. So, it's actually our fault for this, not Jagex's

unlocking more with skills as your level goes higher, this doesn't have to always mean new things to make, but maybe giving more experience bonus's as well if you are higher level in a skillIt would be nice to get more hp for doing mining or more magic for runecrafting, but it's still somewhat limiting and could be OP if overdone.

Expanding some skills that have been neglected, such as smithing, or firemaking and making these useful again.

They could come out with something in november or near the end. Just chill

STOP making it easier to gain level 99 in a skill, instead focus on making each skill richer and more rewarding, especially the original older skills which haven't been updated in foreverROFLMFAO, easy? If you think it's easy to level up in a skill, you obviously haven't played WoW. You can go from lvl 1-225 in a single day with a max of 300/375/450 depending on your WoW version. But yes, it would be very nice if there were more rewards for higher skills. But I'd rather just have runite more plentiful since rune is the standard armor. Being able to make rune armor is a definite advantage in pking.

Make skills earn gp instead of losing gp, even if that means bringing in more NPC's that buy skiller produced items at good prices

If npcs bought items at higher prices, then the market would compensate by making higher prices from players, and you'd be in exactly the same position.

2. CONTINUATION of favouring mellee

Corrupt dragon drops in PVP F2P only give mellee an advantage as usual magic and range are not factored in

There's no magic or range equivalent really...Mage's lvl 60 armor is battlerobes. Range armor at lvl 60 is red dhide but skips blue. heh, why not? Give mage mystic and splitbark and range blue dhdie. That should work.

Slayer mask provides boosts only for mellee, not magic or ranger, this needed to be fixed ever since this slayer mask was introduced, instead we are in month 6 of the update year and no sign of any updates.That would be nice, but range is pretty quick in kills already. Wouldn't it be OP? and no one uses magic in slayer assignments...If the bonuses were balanced so they would, then the market would compensate and we'd be right back to square one.

Sort out the combat triangle, give us more hp its clearly needed

Frankly, I like Blizzard's version of hp with stuff into the thousands. But if our hp was increased, Jagex would have to balance EVERYTHING else'. I'm sure you'd want to play new stuff than wait for hp to be balanced, correct?

3. STOP ruining your own game

PVP drops have ruined huge sections of the game, which will now be deserted, such as Dag Kings etc. Keep monster drops as monster drops, and maybe just give pvp straight up cash rewards if they aren't willing to make new pvp only items besides corrupted.the cash reward might encourage RWT as you can still do the 26k trick without the 26k in Bh worlds. I personally think that pvp should drop nothing but more pvp armor so as to sustain the victors in their slaughtering.

4. DESERTED AREAS OF RS this is MONTH 6 of the update year and the poll's are about naming a pub??? HuH?????!

While the pub is in the middle of nowhere what about the enormous area's of RS that are neglected. Why not give exp bonuses in deserted areas or put in special events once a week in one of the town's of rs... there is so much they can do creatively if they so wishedEvents=Distractions and diversions. Oh, you mean MORE of them. Again, if you favored one area over another, people would flock to it and leave other areas deserted.

minigames --- there's so many that are just never played either because the drops are now pvp or there are better and easier methods to train, why not tweak the exp or something for these but also cap the exp - so it would give great exp but you could only do the mini-game for half an hour max or something dailyBecause some people actually play the minigames for fun and not rewards.

5. COMMUNITY? WHAT community?!

Where is the promised clan support? Clan chat... big deal.

With the lack of random's I've noticed that most players are now afk especially while skilling.THis problem is huge in F2P especially. YOu can be at trees and there will be silence as everyone wcing is also doing something else. Congratulations jagex for making it so we never have to interact with anyone else, ever.You have no idea. They could be pming friends or chatting in their CLAN CHAT. And you got the Jagex Cup...that's pretty big already

6. New updates WRECKING old content and skills

Stop doing this, new updates should build on and improve old content not just ruin it, there is so much ignored and abandoned content on rs, its not even funny Gives some examples. You're contradicting yourself here. At first you say that the little things don't matter; now you do?

7. New updates that are IGNORED because they don't improve on prior items, or content

why make yet another set of low level armour or robes when there are already so many items that people aren't using

diversity breed individualism

why make another agility course that will never ever be used outside of the quest?

it was actually the best agility course until they nerfed it. Unfortunate. Maybe they'll revisit and fix it.

stop wasting time with pointless updates while ignoring what does need to be done

now you're just repeating yourself, again: GIVE EXAMPLES

8. FINISH quests, finish creating items that were demanded from players for ages

We want to go into the elf cities, we want crystal halberds, we want to know what happens (thanks for letting us find out what happens to zanik) but what about the original rs quests?Patience is a virtue. They're working on Zanaris and the Dwarves. Those are some pretty old quests.

wrap some up before rolling out new quests

9. STOP listening to players / STOP changing like the sea with each CEO

NOt that Jagex ever really does listen to players, but Jagex needs to plan and figure out what they want their game to be and what needs to be done.They have. You don't know, because you're not a part of Jagex. Any business withou a plan for the future WILL sink within a few years if not months. Jagex has been going strong for, what, 8-11 years? That very fact is evidence that Jagex has a plan.

jackjonson wrote:

listening to the players is absolutely key. even with their ever growing staff they will never be able to compete with the imagination and attention to detail provided by the millions of players. the only way to keep the game going strong is to listen to players, but to listen through a filter, do not try and use every idea and to not try to please everyone. but to take ideas and modify them to work and benefit the most people they can

Agree this is more of what I meant, to filter player feedback.

If you means this, you might want to edit the above post

I hate to say this but the game was much stronger and better content-wise, and even for skills the first few years that Jagex didn't really listen to players. Of course players will whine for easier skills and easier leveling, but now it's so hard to gauge accomplishment in RS. Phat's are cheap, lvl 99 capes are bought, even combat lvl is harder to gauge because of summoning. I remember when combat 126 was an accomplishment before gilded alters or ecto. Now I see a combat 135+ and it's not a big deal. It's just not the same level of respect or acheivement.Jagex needs to gauge accomplishments through achievements like on funorb. That would do nicely.

We want good suprises, we want you to make things we haven't even thought of yet or aren't expecting.

Set a goal for a new skill at least each year if not two. There just needs to be lots more content added but with thought.

STOP changing like the sea with each CEO

Great so the new CEO has new visions, but really how much does he know about RS the game or the community etc. to be able to make decisions and changes for us? We want more stability than CEO's who are here, make changes then leave, and new ones come in make promises, and then are just missing in action.You'd be saying the same thing no matter which CEO joined, so just accept it.

The game was much better with Andrew guiding it.I believe Andrew G. is still guiding the project, just not CEO. And considering that he OWNS the company, he has more power over it than Mark will ever have...unles he owns it :o

The bottom line that you really just need to accept is that it's only half way through the year. If you're going to gauge a year, then you must look over it at the end. You can't watch half of a movie and say it was bad or good.

Just have patience young Paddewan; all will come in due time.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Impossible

Most monsters are rewarding. All methods of training are rewarding. However, some methods are MOST rewarding, and ultimately they will dominate.

Offtopic: If by rewarding, you mean profit. It is impossible to train construction and make profit. That's just the nature of the skill.

Time and xp are the same variable, if you think about it. If method A takes 5 hours to do and offers 250k xp, and method B takes 3 hours to do and offers 250k xp, clearly method B and better, and if time/xp is the only consideration, method A is obsolete.

Let's take your example. First off, I would like to say this is pure speculation. To be an accurate result you need much more info, such as market prices, mining time, and respawn time.

Well first off, as far as I'm concerned mining needs no update. Maybe one to make it more profitable, but not one to make it faster. In p2p, the optimal xp/hour is over 80k. In f2p it's over 40k. Very hard to do, but possible.

So if I get this right:

Rubidium: Fastest xp, not worth as much as the others, and fast to mine

Emeraldium: Less xp, but more profit

Sappirium: Least xp, but most profit

Diamondium: Even lower xp, but even high profit, but at an even higher level

Is that correct?

Well let me make up some numbers, for sake of argument.

R: 70k xp/hour, no profit b/c powermining

E: 20k xp/hour, 200k profit

S: 15k xp/hour, 500k profit

D: 8k xp/hour, 1m profit

Clearly, the best option is Rubidium if you want to train mining. At 70k per hour, you get tons of xp. In just 1 hour of mining it, you get the xp equal to 8.75 hours of Diamondium. Sure you don't get 1m, but anyone can make 1m in 8.75 hours. (A rate of 114k per hour, which in members is dirt low.) Compared to Sappirium, you need only make 108k per hour. To Emeraldium, only 57k per hour. Clearly, Rubidium is the best option, and I think the members I gave are pretty realistic.

Yeah, yeah. Everything I said just now was pure speculation. But you get the fundamental concept I am trying to get at. Lets say a X number of variables. X number of ores. Each ore has a specific place where it is attractive to miners, e.g. more xp, more profit, etc.

Pretty much every reason on the main post is why i quit this time last year.

Runescape is majorly losing its' appeal in my opinion.

Every aspect of fun has been taken out of the game.

I don't see GW or WoW putting in crappy trading limits and taking away original and innovative PvP.

If i went into PvP with all my best stuff on and died, yes i would be annoyed and upset ( as much as you can be upset over a virtual game -.- ) but hell, it was my fault, i chose to do that, i didn't go off screaming to my mum to e-mail jagex to make the game fairer.

Also, the game has beem modified and made 'safe' so much it no longer feels like it's a game for over 13s only, its more like 5+ now.

Well done Jagex for screwing it up :thumbup: -.-

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Yeah, yeah. Everything I said just now was pure speculation. But you get the fundamental concept I am trying to get at. Lets say a X number of variables. X number of ores. Each ore has a specific place where it is attractive to miners, e.g. more xp, more profit, etc.

That's right. And you're correct in saying that. Each place does have its own unique attributes. And you're also right when you say different people will enjoy different places.

However, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it is impossible to update a skill so there is no "best" method. That's what the OP was talking about (or at least, I'm pretty sure).

Dag Kings etc. ? Umm, the rest of the deserted places pls? Dag Kings aren't even deserted..

Oh and speaking of failure..

"More, just to be sure

I got what I wanted, so naturally I want more

What I paid for, entertain me now

All I want is more, cos I like it

Too good to let it go, keep it coming

Cos I want more, cos I'm not sure

What I really wanted, so all I want is more" Taken from a song called More

That's what you guys want. I'm fine with this year because Jagex finally allowed F2P to post on the forums, major bug fixing and major tweaks. Loving the rest update too. P2P Magic and F2P Magic and Ranged skills need to be tweaked, so they would not be weak.

The thing with magic is that it's similarly useless in P2P. Sure you have ancients that hit to a ridiculous 30, but that's in the face of godswords, claws, and crossbows

That's right. And you're correct in saying that. Each place does have its own unique attributes. And you're also right when you say different people will enjoy different places.

However, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it is impossible to update a skill so there is no "best" method. That's what the OP was talking about (or at least, I'm pretty sure).

NO. The OP said he wanted "skills to link more to each other", make skills "harder", update skills so there are MORE EFFECTIVE ways to train them.

If Jagex doesn't fix GOP in their "fix-it / update" year, I'm going to flip a couple cabbages - It's been neglected for too long.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The thing with magic is that it's similarly useless in P2P. Sure you have ancients that hit to a ridiculous 30, but that's in the face of godswords, claws, and crossbows

NO. The OP said he wanted "skills to link more to each other", make skills "harder", update skills so there are MORE EFFECTIVE ways to train them.

30 iswn't entirely rediculous in the face of Dragon claws which can hit up to the 80s(99str pot+pray), and the dark bow, which apparently can hit to the 90s (99range, pot+pray). Hell, someone with my downright pathetic strength level can hit higher than a mage can currently hit. Generally, it isn't just F2P mage that needs a buff, though I hope they can both get it around the same time. F2P could use the Blood rune and the spells that come with it, really...

But that really isn't the point here. As I and so many others have explained, it's the upgrade year, and it's also not likely that something first announced at the beginning of the year (Pretty much every MMG teaser) isn't going to be ready the next month.

10/10 i agree with everything thsat was said. rs is like a big quilt and jagex staff just add their little updates. now the quilt is ugly and makes no sense. also whats with penguins in runescape! mega lame!

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

10/10 i agree with everything thsat was said. rs is like a big quilt and jagex staff just add their little updates. now the quilt is ugly and makes no sense. also whats with penguins in runescape! mega lame!

Seriously what the hell are you talking about. Runescape is a great game. If you hate RS so much, get lost and play other MMORPGs then. I can tell you that you'll have a hard time finding as good a MMORPG as RS with the same price.

• 3 weeks later...
Month 7...

Less than half a year to go.

I hope Jagex surprises us all by making better upgrades.

(QUELMOT DO NOT post on my threads - you are spamming and your opinion is NOT appreciated.)

Please leave this forum immediately. You write on a rants forum and then complain because someone has a different opinion than you. Screw off, if you can't take the heat get out of the rants forum.

Quelmotz, please continue to enlighten this idiot.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

You write on a rants forum and then complain because someone has a different opinion than you. Screw off, if you can't take the heat get out of the rants forum.

^ I was patient with him throughout this thread. My patience has ran out.

He is illogical.

He is F2P - he is happy for every scrap of updates thrown to him and for him RS is perfection.

My rant deals with the members portion of the game - he is welcome to post a thread on how he thinks F2P has improved

His posts do not address my points - like you he was hostile, flaming and unhelpful

when he can post a coherent post and when he learns to actually READ what i've posted instead of reading one line, taking it out of context and disagreeing with it then yes he will be welcome to post on my thread

kthxbai

You write on a rants forum and then complain because someone has a different opinion than you. Screw off, if you can't take the heat get out of the rants forum.

^ I was patient with him throughout this thread. My patience has ran out.

He is illogical.

He is F2P - he is happy for every scrap of updates thrown to him and for him RS is perfection.

My rant deals with the members portion of the game - he is welcome to post a thread on how he thinks F2P has improved

His posts do not address my points - like you he was hostile, flaming and unhelpful

when he can post a coherent post and when he learns to actually READ what i've posted instead of reading one line, taking it out of context and disagreeing with it then yes he will be welcome to post on my thread

kthxbai

I know how hostile I was...I am also flaming because telling people they can't post on a thread makes you look insecure with the fact that someone is flaming you. And that makes you look weak.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg