Two different types of Cape of Accomplishment

k1masato

Hey all,

while writing about my journey on runescape ( posted on the blogspace section /http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=797519 ).. A statement made by Zezima sparked an idea. To keep it short and straight to the point, ill start off by pasting what Zezima said;

I have stopped playing RuneScape competitively because it's getting progressively easier over time. With it getting easier to train skills and gain exp, I've lost a sense of accomplishment in what I've worked hard to achieve since I started in 2001. If things will continue to get easier, it ruins the game for those of us who have been here since the beginning.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the players who trained certain skills to 99 in rsc, feel the exact same way. I already explained my feelings towards firemaking in my blogscape, so I won't repeat it again here. Smithing is another example.. with the introduction of smith X amount option, the sacred clay allowing you to gain x2 experience, etc etc; the skill has been made way easier then it was back in RSC. And the list goes on..

My suggestion is that for those of us who achieved level 99's in RSC be given different types of Cape of Accomplishments. An example would be the image of the skill on the Skill Cape..

Firemaking:

m8pqhg.jpg

Yes, I know it doesnt look all that great.. but you all get the idea im trying to pass along. Suggestions ( if you support ) on how to improve the capes appearance would be nice!

God_Of_End.png

15th to 99 Firemaking - August 2002 RSC Time.

??th to 99 Woodcutting - 2004 RS2 Time.

So make a cape that only a handful of people can use, and only a handful of those people will ever set their eyes on, and only a handful of those people even own it?

Doesn't seem like smart time-management for Jagex.

Unless Jagex has stored the time when you level up or get a 99, this isn't possible.

And I doubt they did. At those times, hard disk technology was very poor (relative to nowadays), so they probably won't have a record of when you get to lvl 99 in a certain skill, if I'm not wrong.

Why, just why?

A 99 is a 99, so what if its now easier pretty much all the game is.

Same as saying why don't they give 2 of every obtainable item from a monster as it was harder to gain then before x update.

Hell you'd need 3 or 4 different types as there's been at least 3 noticeable updates for all skills since the originals.

If you want the pride of having a RSC cape go play RSC otherwise just live with it.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Why, just why?

Same as saying why don't they give 2 of every obtainable item from a monster as it was harder to gain then before x update.

Hell you'd need 3 or 4 different types as there's been at least 3 noticeable updates for all skills since the originals.

If you want the pride of having a RSC cape go play RSC otherwise just live with it.

Woah, easy man.. it was merely a suggestion. Essentially its all just pixels and It barely bothers me in-game at all ( just look at my stats now compared to when I was unbanned - u don't see me 24/7 power clicking ). Almost everyone whos achieved a 99 got it with at least a small intention of showing it off. So, for those of us who worked for it back in RSC - I don't see the harm in giving us a little bit more credit for that. Take for example the people who are suggesting an rsc cape.. its just smthing us peeps from the original want..

Edit: someone else whos achived a 99 from rsc come back me up, lol :oops:

God_Of_End.png

15th to 99 Firemaking - August 2002 RSC Time.

??th to 99 Woodcutting - 2004 RS2 Time.

I havent tried training skills on rsc so I wouldn't know how hard it is, but is this really an update worth it? And rsc is concidered a dead game, rs2 is completely different and separate from rsc in basically every way now, so I doubt they will even consider it. Nice thought, but probably (most probably) not going to happen I'm afraid :(

disturbeda.png

I don't see any need for this, in every single game, changes happen overtime. You have to realise that if skills are always levelled the same way, giving exactly the same experience people would stop playing after a while. People strive to get the most amount of experience with the most little effort. :|

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Why, just why?

Woah, easy man.. it was merely a suggestion. Essentially its all just pixels and It barely bothers me in-game at all ( just look at my stats now compared to when I was unbanned - u don't see me 24/7 power clicking ). Almost everyone whos achieved a 99 got it with at least a small intention of showing it off. So, for those of us who worked for it back in RSC - I don't see the harm in giving us a little bit more credit for that. Take for example the people who are suggesting an rsc cape.. its just smthing us peeps from the original want..

So it's basically...

"Waah! Waah! We got it the harder way! We want to be more recognised!"

Sorry, but no. Frankly, the capes were added to show you had a 99, not how you got it.

I could get 99 Woodcutting purely on normal trees, with a bronze axe. Should I deserve something special?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

So it's basically...

Sorry, but no. Frankly, the capes were added to show you had a 99, not how you got it.

I could get 99 Woodcutting purely on normal trees, with a bronze axe. Should I deserve something special?

Exactly. I'm sure back in the days of RSC, it was juch harder to get a 99. BUt as sword said, the skill cape is to show you got the 99, not how you got it.

Sorry, I just dont see this working, also I don't think jagex has the information of people who got 99's in RSC.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

No, sorry. The cape is about having a 99, not about how you got it. How about suggesting how to deal with experience inflation rather than just exclude people who started the game recently? This suggestion just doesn't fix the problem.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I agree with everything above. so no support.

plus, mining in rsc was somewhat easier. if you had a full invo, the newly mined ore would be dropped instantly

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

This would be a huge waste of time.

You'd get people asking for capes because they got a 99 in ftp, or before ''pray x'' and all the other updates that made certain skills easier.

No one cares if it was harder for you.

And you should suck it up.

Foth.png

Yeah, people kinda have the topic summed up here. Anyone could try and go for woodcutting the extremely hard way on normal trees if they wanted to, but they wouldn't get recognised for it. Besides, Zezima is not going to start playing again if you create an rsc skillcape. He quit because he reckons the game is too easy. Like getting a 99 isn't hard enough Zezima -.-

disturbeda.png

I understand why you want this, but I dont see the overall benefit to provide extra skillcapes for people that reached lvl 99 prior to skill X came out. You have good intentions but as someone stated, and I will restate. a level 99 skill earned in 2006 isn't worth any more than a level 99 skill earned in 2009.

Unfortunatly as much as people despise the fact that Runescape is getting 'easier' its still a good game, and I know you won't but someone decides to leave because of cook X or smith X, that person leaving is leaving because they are bored.

I'm not trying to discredit you but unfortunatly Runescape will never be like it was in 2001, and in 2012 Runescape will never be like it was in 2009. change is inevitable and as long as the game is still fun and somewhat challenging (in any aspects) people will still play

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

Why, just why?

So it's basically...

Yeah, this basically sums everything up.