A leak for something new?

apocrypha

Someone pointed this out earlier.

On the left is the normal spellbook in game, on the right is when you click the magic skill, and hit more info and scroll down. Anyone see the difference?

25eyz4n.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted in another thread about this so I will copy my post + add a bit more after.

It is between level 9 and 11, and at first when I saw it I thought it looked kind of like a set of armour, but then there is the white [bleep]e coming up the middle, so that kind of ruins that idea. If we go with castle we need to look at current castles, and how close they are to a teleport location already. I can think of 4 places which this could be:

• [*:21t4krya]Mobilising Armies - New minigame that will be f2p and p2p? Seems odd to me that it wouldn't be added to Ring of Dueling/Games Necklace but you never know.

[*:21t4krya]Wizard's Tower - This one seems most likely to me, it is f2p, it is a quite simple place to get to (so a level 10 spell would make sense), could be introduced with a new F2p quest, and it would have no requirements to get to the area.

[*:21t4krya]Miscellania Castle - The quests to unlock Manage Thy Kingdom has no magic requirement, or really combat for that matter. This seems a bit unlikely to me though seeing as they are two Mid-Leveled quest, so to have a level 10 teleport would seem low.

[*:21t4krya]Stronghold of Player Safety - Seems like a simple one, but the Stronghold of Security has a teleport to it, so why not the Stronghold of Player Safety. Low requirement to get there, not near a current teleport location, F2P location, and Jagex would like to promote this, so why not make the first proper teleport go somewhere designed to protect players?

Any other Ideas? Here is some zooming action!

500fop.jpg

Alright as Imalilranger said, it COULD be a fairy teleport, the only problem I have with this is that fairies use the fairy ring network to teleport currently, and although they are updating the fairy area at the moment, it would seem unlikely that they would just add a teleport to go there when you can already access via Fairy Rings and via the shed in Lumbridge Swamp.

Alright as Imalilranger said, it COULD be a fairy teleport, the only problem I have with this is that fairies use the fairy ring network to teleport currently, and although they are updating the fairy area at the moment, it would seem unlikely that they would just add a teleport to go there when you can already access via Fairy Rings and via the shed in Lumbridge Swamp.

As they're updating the fairy area, they might be adding new content there to justify a teleport

As they're updating the fairy area, they might be adding new content there to justify a teleport

It just seem unlikely to me, you only gain access to Zanaris after the completion of "The Lost City", which has some decently leveled requirements. For them to just stick a simple teleport in there still seems odd to me.

It just seem unlikely to me, you only gain access to Zanaris after the completion of "The Lost City", which has some decently leveled requirements. For them to just stick a simple teleport in there still seems odd to me.

Well, it could only be usable after the completion of Lost City, like Ardougne teleport, watchtower.. etc.

We'll see, I guess. The icon itself doesn't look particularily fairy-like in any case, although I can see the resemblance.

I'd say it looks like a castle.

Mods chatting and Q & A have mentioned ideas of expanded clan support and ideas of shared clan castle much like a poh.

Perhaps its like home tele but to a clan castle?

Dunno why it'd have a symbol otherwise, symbols seem to be for duped letter.

Eg Home tele = H

House tele = house icon

Ardougne = A

Ape atoll = monkey face

So a castle wuld suggest a duplicate of H, V, F, C, W or T though I'd imagine it'd be a higher lvl in reality of release

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wasnt there a highscore icon leak for a new minigame with that icon.

I think its safe to say it will be a mobilising armies teleport.

Edit: Yeah, the one above. :lol:

I could have sworn I had a picture of that so I was looking through my other old backup to see if I could find it.

Clicked the make post button like 5 minutes ago, but couldnt find the highscore picture. :P

Mobilising Armies

Ever fancied assaulting a castle with your very own army? You will be able to hire a mercenary force to battle against three other players, complete set objectives and earn rewards. Mobilising Armies will be a fast paced tactical minigame allowing you to control your very own RuneScape army with troops made up of humans and other races. There will also be some special effects including dive bombing gnomes and giant catapults. Will you be up to the challenge?

MobilisingArmies.jpg

Mobilising Armies

With any tactical game you need to spend a long time fine-tuning its different aspects to try to make it as fair, balanced and fun as possible. Mobilising Armies, our headline update for December, is no different and we have been working hard to tweak the key scenarios for this: Conflict, Siege, Hoard and Rescue. We'll have more on this update in next month's Behind the Scenes but in the meantime we have another screenshot for you.

MobilisingArmies2.jpg

Naturally, we also have other PvP-orientated content, like Stealing Creation (a resource control game where skillers and PKers work together, creating equipment and beating up the opposition) and Mobilising Armies (a real-time strategy game where you use your hard made bows, swords, etc. to equip your own armies in 4-player battles).

Mobilising Armies

Weve reported before that we planned to release Mobilising Armies, our new tactical minigame, in December. Weve found that although we could release it, we really want to take our time to make this the best update we can, so we made the difficult choice to hold onto it until next year. Weve never ever tried to release a game like this before, and we want to make sure we get it right. So, youll have to wait a little longer for your gnomic glider bombers, pigeon messengers, dragons hoards and catapult attacks.

Future Content

Mobilising Armies

Work continues on this tactical minigame, and weve been busily adding new features and continuously developing the game engine to support this new content. Recent additions include:

Altering the effect that different races of troops can have on your rewards.

Changing the way in which catapults are loaded.

Improving the way in which the camera moves around the battlefield.

Improving the on-screen information so you know what all of your troops are doing.

Updating the tutorial to be more interactive and straightforward.

Changing one of the scenarios to feature TzHaar.

As we have said before, this minigame is different from anything ever seen before in RuneScape. The more we test and play through the content, the more features we know we need to add to make the game work the way we want it to. This means that weve not been able to launch it as early in the year as we had initially hoped, but we will give you more news as soon as it is available.

EDIT: I keep updating this post with more that I find in the Archives.

EDIT2: I put them in the correct order, I believe this is all the information we currently have but I will know soon enough.

EDIT3: Ok that is all the news posts about MA, anything other than that is purely speculation.

I wouldn't dub it sovled jsut yet.

Jagex never stated the icon was a fake, but they equally never confirmed it to be real.

So though its likely it is possible its sumat else.

Also I doubt that icon to be real, or a final version due to the fact it looks nothing like the other mini-game ones stylewise

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue