Increasing price of fury's and whips?

LatinII

Fury's went from 1.7 to 2.1M in a very short amount of time. They've increased with 85k today.

Abyssal whips went from 1.4 to 1.9M in a very short amount of time too. They've increased with 75k today.

My question is, are they being merched or something? Why are they rising up so much?

Fury's went from 1.7 to 2.1M in a very short amount of time. They've increased with 85k today.

Abyssal whips went from 1.4 to 1.9M in a very short amount of time too. They've increased with 75k today.

My question is, are they being merched or something? Why are they rising up so much?

Probably just they changed to drop rates in pvp, cause whip and fury drops pretty commonly in pvp.

king_n981.png

king_n981.png

Probably just they changed to drop rates in pvp, cause whip and fury drops pretty commonly in pvp.

That'd be my main guess, though the fact that all the children are getting out of school and rushing to spend hours fighting hordes of monsters on their favorite MMO is probably a factor too.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

That'd be my main guess, though the fact that all the children are getting out of school and rushing to spend hours fighting hordes of monsters on their favorite MMO is probably a factor too.

They're going to fight boars on WoW? Lulz

I heard they were being bought out buy some clan, but idk if it is true or not.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

they also just opened up the bounty hunter crater with lots of monsters in it

so the demand is probly higher

That makes no sense at all. Making a handful of old monsters easier avaliable wouldn't increase the demand for whips or furies. Players buy whips once they get 70 attack and furies when they have the money, not when killing greater demons gets easier :|. That update was more for F2P anyway.

quit

they also just opened up the bounty hunter crater with lots of monsters in it

so the demand is probly higher

That makes no sense at all. Making a handful of old monsters easier avaliable wouldn't increase the demand for whips or furies. Players buy whips once they get 70 attack and furies when they have the money, not when killing greater demons gets easier :|. That update was more for F2P anyway.

Hellhounds are f2p? since when....

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

look at prices of DFS and DFH also, that are just the 2 main items removed from pvp (cant remember fury was also removed so dont know about that). now prices of the remove items will go up quite fast: more demand and less offer, and allot of noob merchanters and manipulating clans are trying to gain a lot of cash with it.

they will drop again, no worry. DFS and DFH will prob stabilise around 19-20m and 12m and whips will just drop till same prices: they cost more=>more pll go camp for them=>more offer=>prices drop

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

woot i bought my whip when it was 1.2 mil and my fury when it was 1.8mil =)

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

A few months back a Clan was saturating the GE of certain items and keeping them to force the price up. Not sure if they still run it, but Furies were always going up and down. They buy hundreads of them, hold them for about a week, price goes up by 100-200k then they dump them and the price crashes.

A few months back a Clan was saturating the GE of certain items and keeping them to force the price up. Not sure if they still run it, but Furies were always going up and down. They buy hundreads of them, hold them for about a week, price goes up by 100-200k then they dump them and the price crashes.

those clans still exist.. mostly they do other/cheaper items and dump them after a couple of days

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

When new BH started i was extremely disappointed that the fury i had spent 2.7m on after scrimping and saving started to plummet...... they hit 1.2m before they started to rise.

It is because of BH that they fell and now it seems that they have been taken out of the drop tables they'll reach their old price again.

Not sure about whips. But i guess it was jagex's way of trying to make the ge economy more stable.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Well, now they are both crashing. People are selling them on minimum, and taking up to 500k junk for both of them. I got a fury for 1.4m.

That's great to hear :)

I'm looking at whip right now, and it's all but gone down. Same for Fury.

Whip - Max at 1.9 mil

Fury - Max at 2.1 mil

What are you guys talking about?

Yes overtime they have but recently they have gone up.

Fury and Whip will stabilize soon enough. Fury is the best amulet for general purposes on the game, and whip is the best weapon for attack and defence training.

Also, every dragon piece is going up as well.(Besides med helm, I belive) I bought my dragon platebody around a week ago and have made money from it.(Along with getting an awesome looking armor)

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Pvp loot drops are now limited no slayer items etc, so merch clans are hopping to make a quick buck buying them out

Yeah. With lower input it opened up a merching window. (That's being pessimistic)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again