"5 Questions" with JMods - Long read [Facebook]

Mil

They were some fun questions. I don't see why everyone's complaining about them? Why ask questions like "What's the next update?" Where all they can say is "We've got a few under development."

I found the one where Andrew asked what their RuneScape avatars were thinking pretty cool :)

It shows a lot about peoples attentions span when this is still the textbook response, despite the fact all of us who moaned about them being stupid questions never said anything about asking about future content and have since further stated that is not what we meant.

It is possible to ask Jagex questions that are useful and insightful without asking moronic stuff

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Or there could've been some sort of arrangement beforehand:

J Mods: Don't go around asking questions like, "Are there plans to revamp old skills like smithing?" or "Is it impossible to fix the problem of summoning familiars interrupting our actions? or "Is Mobilisation Armies scrapped off the to-do list because I don't see any dev blogs on it?". Get it? Unless you want us to personally nerf all your rare monster drop rate, make your abby whip disappear without a trace and basically bring you lots of unnecessary, painful death in game. You understand that?

Andrew: Aye aye captain!

J Mod: I can't hear you....

Andrew: AYE AYE CAPTAIN!!11!!11!!!SHIFT!!!11!!!!!1

J Mod: Good, so what are your five questions?

End of story. \'

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

This, like most of Jagex's updates, is pointless.

This is why they never used to talk to us because if they're not revealing new content, giving us in depth information on EVERYTHING then they'll just get hurled abuse.

Maybe for once they want to have FUN not have to deal with content questions.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

This is why they never used to talk to us because if they're not revealing new content, giving us in depth information on EVERYTHING then they'll just get hurled abuse.

I don't see how you can attack Jagex for this.

Personally and I think the other (mostly) who had the same view as me were more annoyed at this Andrew guy due to the fact he was the one asking the questions and he totally wasted them, when it could of been a nice opportunity to get some insightful response from Jagex and how they work etc even if not about content.

And its hardly surprising they get hurled abuse when their idea of "giving fan sites exclusive sneak peeks and information" is to give them all the same 3 "concept" art pieces all for content that has been released already and all of which were readily available on their website for a good 2 - 3 months before hand.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Personally and I think the other (mostly) who had the same view as me were more annoyed at this Andrew guy due to the fact he was the one asking the questions and he totally wasted them, when it could of been a nice opportunity to get some insightful response from Jagex and how they work etc even if not about content.

And its hardly surprising they get hurled abuse when their idea of "giving fan sites exclusive sneak peeks and information" is to give them all the same 3 "concept" art pieces all for content that has been released already and all of which were readily available on their website for a good 2 - 3 months before hand.

They're a company with a product to sell, of course they can't give too much stuff away! And if they tell us everything they're going to do then where's the surprise?

I agree some of the questions were a bit stupid, but let them have a laugh for once without having to answer to every player who thinks that any questions that aren't related to future content are completely wasted.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

They're a company with a product to sell, of course they can't give too much stuff away! And if they tell us everything they're going to do then where's the surprise?

I agree some of the questions were a bit stupid, but let them have a laugh for once without having to answer to every player who thinks that any questions that aren't related to future content are completely wasted.

Racheya, you're totally putting your foot in your mouth. Paw and myself have both said we're not looking for info on future updates. We'd love to hear their thoughts on current content. It would be nice to see the opinions of a few J-mods on what they like about the game, and what they think could use a few tweaks. You could even ask what they do there at Jagex and let the different mods describe their jobs a bit.

As far as the future goes though, why not ask them what kind of updates they would like to see come into the game rather than asking what's currently in development. His first two questions were actually headed in the right direction. It's a shame his brain and [wagon] switched places after that second question.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I think a reason his questions were so personal, is because the questions were for the JMODs, not JAGEX. These Jmods dont necessarily know everything about Runescape, nor the company's plans for the future. They asked him questions relating to how he FEELS about certain aspects of the game and such. In response, he asked questions about their FEELINGS towards various aspects of the game, fictional or not.

For that reason I think it was right for him to ask these questions - Even without content revealing questions with a basic "can't tell you that" answer, other sorts of question people have been suggesting instead are very corporate. He is asking the employees of Jagex their personal opinion, not the all knowing Jagex their policy on various game additions.

Edit: Proof to prove my point -

Krysteena Foster - Any sneak peeks on where the next Achievement Diary will be located?

Jagex Sorry to disappoint but I talked to the head of RuneScape content (Mod Fetzki) and we dont have any new Achievement Diaries in the pipeline as we will be focusing on other areas of the game that havent had as much development. There will be new ones at some point, so dont think we have abandoned them, but we cant give you any hints as to where they will be based (though if anyone reading this wants to give us suggestions well pass them on).

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

Next skill is Cow Boxing. You heard it here first.

You just got siggied.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Andrew was just trying to have some fun with this. It's obvious that any answers about future content would be boring. Of course there are those questions he could have asked that didn't have to do with future updates, but he chose to just have some fun with it. I don't understand why some people are so upset about this.

I can see it now me in a giant chair shaped like a brain, the sandwich lady poledancing (tastefully and dressed, mind) around a giant baguette, and the drunken dwarf stopping all the peasants of RuneScape bothering me with dodgy kebabs and projectile vomiting. Beeee-autiful.

:uhh:

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I would give her a tribute to the greatest song in the world. Not the greatest song in the world just a tribute.

Mod Jon H

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20