A REAL Solution to Price Manipulation

Earth_Poet

If anything, this would have made an awesome "letter to the editor" of my article this week...

But I do agree (and I said that in said article as well) that Merchant Clans are a problem, and you hit the nail on the head that it is mainly caused by the GE being the conduit for 99.99% of all trades...

What we need is indeed an old world 2...

A BLACK MARKET

We all know that the ACTUAL price of items like Adamaite Ore and Water Orbs is really just 1k gp, and not the current price on the GE...

But as said; I dont mind paying that invisible tax to those merchanters... But what I do mind is that it keeps on inflating the prices unneccisarily (as do PVP worlds with their 5m cash drops and tricking)...

Balance it out, Jagex, give us some money sinks... And something a little more expensive then Construction... Infact; I want something that KEEPS costing money, even after lvl 99...

Or just turn PVP back into a money sink instead of a money creator...

Then with stable prices, hard working people who make their own items and alch them, or earn their cash in other normal ways, dont have to chase after ever increasing prices...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is an astonishingly great read. This should be sent to Jagex or someone! The op has a real in-depth sight of the functions of merchant clans that price-manipulate and proposed a sensible and viable solution. Much good would come of this kind of trading.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

I don't recall who brought up the Great Depression, but the cause of it, like the current recession was the Federal Reserve providing money below the market price to anyone who wanted it. People made bad investment decisions because they could get loans with almost no interest so they didn't take a lot of time to make sure something would be a great investment or not. Because of that, a bunch of investments fell apart and we got the Great Depression and Great Recession.

Please don't just take the liberal biased history you received in school as fact. Do some research and find the truth for yourself. The truth doesn't mesh with the the elites' desires so they're not going to just hand it out to you.

What about removing the artificial price floors and the price controls?

That would sure work too.

I don't like the price floors or ceilings either. Why is a whip floored at 1.4M when the high alch price is only 72k while many other items are floored below alching price? I also would like to see an increase in individual trade caps. The main I can't entertain removing price caps is because Jagex won't even consider that idea, so we have to come up with something else. Plus, I still think we'd run into problems as long as the GE dictates all trades in the game.

rssig2.png