Your standing on religion

xAxelx

Guest GhostRanger
just look at this whole topic =\

but whatever, i'm going to bed. ill get back to u tomorrow

Nothing in this topic says anything that could not exist with religion. God could have easily made everything that happened. He could have designed the idea of evolution or anything else...

Only some Christians believe that evolution and other scientific ideas discredit religion.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, i sure did misquote you :roll:

Thank you for admitting it.

If I were to say, "My basketball team is going to stomp your basketball team", that does not hint that I actually made the basketball team.

And I say this, :roll: , to everything else that you have said.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

My point exactly. It is no more theory than anything else. And no, we can see the effects of gravity. There is no credible evidence for anything theories that show how time started. Its all theory...why can't you accept that just as I accept that Christian beliefs are purely based on faith?

Do you understand what a scientific theory is?

Its theory. Look the word up. Theory. That's all that needs to be said I think but I will say there is a difference between scientific theory and scientific law.

Scientific theories are testable. This is why the creation theory never will be a scientific theory.

Some people here seem to be confusing objective truth and subjective truth.

Its theory. Look the word up. Theory. That's all that needs to be said I think but I will say there is a difference between scientific theory and scientific law.

Just have to point this out:

You can't prove a law more then you can prove a theory. They are the same thing, both have good evidence for being true but there is no way something can be a 'law' (in the legal sense) only that appears to be a law. Laws have been disproved in the past (like the law of the conservation of energy) so instead of using strong words such as law we now use softer words like theory but both historically mean the same thing in the scientific community.

Guest GhostRanger

My point exactly. It is no more theory than anything else. And no, we can see the effects of gravity. There is no credible evidence for anything theories that show how time started. Its all theory...why can't you accept that just as I accept that Christian beliefs are purely based on faith?

Do you understand what a scientific theory is?

Scientific theories are testable. This is why the creation theory never will be a scientific theory.

Some people here seem to be confusing objective truth and subjective truth.

My point is that we will never be able to go back to the beginning of time and know exactly how it started (okay..we might know when a time machine is invented) and so you cannot say one way or the other which happened.

In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it does in other contexts. Neither is a scientific theory a fact. Scientific theories are never proven to be true, but can be disproven. All scientific understanding takes the form of hypotheses, theories, or laws.

A scientific law is a description of a natural phenomenon.

A scientific theory is an explanation for facts and observations about the natural world.

You are right. Which is my point. Laws are something we see and observe happen...theories are our own explanations for them. They can be proven wrong.

By definition, there have never been repeatable contradicting observations.

They are different things.

religion is just the result of people not having anything better to think about. religion has done some good things for the world, but the only thing i see come from religion is fighting, wars, arguements, and stupidity. Just take a look at all the major conflicts in the world today: political correctness, israel, terrorists. almost everything is over religion, which is just really stupid imo.

People seriously have to start using logic when it comes down to religion. And ill do my best to explain my views here.

1. Did a god create the earth? no. The old testament was written by a bunch of people during the babylonian captivity. LONG after any of the events in the old testament occured. The only purpose of the old testament was to give hope to the jews and to set moral standards. The Bible is just a bunch of stories, nothing else.

where did the matter in the universe come from?

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=631

if you want to learn all about cosmology, browse that site. its very good.

2. Did a god create life? no. When the earth was first created it was not suitable for life. Eventually through chemical processes (which have been duplicated in a lab), RNA was made. Eventually DNA was made and the first organisms. Did natural selection and evolution played its role. If you want to know more, there are good books and websites out there.

If you are unsure of evolution, don't think its possible, ect, then i can tell you one thing. It's a hell of a lot more logical than some anti-physics being clapping his hands and pointing his finger (exagerrated, i know). And all the evidence points towards science, whereas ABSOLUTELY no evidence shows that a god had a role.

besides, we see evolution on a small scale everyday. that is bacteria becoming resistant to lotions and everything.

3. possibility of a god? maybe, but it's very slim. The only way i see a god having an impact on the universe is probably the very beginning. cause that's where physics and everything breaks down. I can tell you, however, that there is no such thing as a heaven, hell, or soul. We are chemical beings when it comes down to it, and religion is just an attempt to explain what we don't understand.

The only religion that pretty much makes sense is buddaism (im not buddist) because it tries to create peace and happiness in THIS life, not when we are dead. everyone already knows that when your body shuts down, you're at peace. (although i think the zen and karma is a load of bs)

i on the other hand am religious, but not religious in the sense that i worship something that i know is not real. You can be religious with nature and stuff like that.

What I belive is that we are spiret and we are NOT a body.

Thers is a God whether you beleive in him or not. There are demons, and there is evl in the world. it does not matter what you beleive as long as you have faith. Little faith is better than none. the Bible is, however an explanation of where we came from. The world may or may not have been created in seven days. Seven days may be 1 million years or even 10 trillion. There will be an end to the world, when we will have to answer for what we have done.

There thats the truth.

Guest GhostRanger
Thers is a God whether you beleive in him or not. There are demons, and there is evl in the world. it does not matter what you beleive as long as you have faith. Little faith is better than none. the Bible is, however an explanation of where we came from.

There thats the truth.

Did you even read any of the 21 page post?

Guest GhostRanger
yes i did.

Your post was nothing new. It did not do anything to add to the discussion that has been going on for several pages. It was just irritating.

Guest GhostRanger
so what you dont believe?

Clearly you didn't read the 21 page post. I am a devout Christian and expressed it thouroghly in the post. I thought you said you read it.

• 2 weeks later...

im jewish and i believe that God(or whatever) created something at the very beginning but then just left us. I think that people who use the word of God(or their interpretation/them making things up) to belittle or take advantage of other people are terrible.

im jewish and i believe that God(or whatever) created something at the very beginning but then just left us. I think that people who use the word of God(or their interpretation/them making things up) to belittle or take advantage of other people are terrible.

You don't know your own religion very well, now do you?

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I thought Jewish people didn't write the o in God like G-d or something.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

I have recently decide I dont believe in god, which means im Atheist.

I just dont understand how everyone believes in it. What is your standing on this?

(im not sure if this is like against the rules talking about this so sorry if it is moderators)

i don't do Religious Debates, Nor share my View on god, i'll tell you though, i do believe in god

I thought Jewish people didn't write the o in God like G-d or something.

Well he doesn't sound very decidated to his faith =P (if you are, my apologies), but yes that is what they typically do. To them the word "God" is holy, idk much about when it comes to them typing it out, but should they write the word on say a piece of paper of theirs, they can't throw it away as it is holy.

k ill giv u guys the 411

i was watching a tv program with steven hawking yesterday.. this is what it gave me an impression of..

The big bang made the universe as we know.. but what made the big bang??

we know its a build up of gravity pulling everything towards it and it collapsing exploding in phenomanel heat.. but what came before that..

Before that is when religious people say.. well thats when god made the big bang..

well NO that didnt happen.. it was somthing called a Spontanious Creation.. it created elements atoms etc to cause the big bang..

wen the universe was created it started expanding like 12,000,000,000 lightyears every nano second.. so thers no chance of us getting to the edge :P

supernovas from collapsing suns created explosions that gave out star dust which setled on planets, the planets wer blocks of burning rock.. but in the earths occasion it was perfect for creation.. star dust is actually common elements that we all know like carbon etc etc.. they rested on our planet turning into substances like water and etc.. after water came life in the shape of single celled lifeforms (aemoebas) these then evolved over time into every living thing we see..

technically.. you me the computers we are using are made of stardust

its creepy but its the best explanation i have :P :wink:

vistame09copyhr8.png

k ill giv u guys the 411

i was watching a tv program with steven hawking yesterday.. this is what it gave me an impression of..

The big bang made the universe as we know.. but what made the big bang??

we know its a build up of gravity pulling everything towards it and it collapsing exploding in phenomanel heat.. but what came before that..

Before that is when religious people say.. well thats when god made the big bang..

well NO that didnt happen.. it was somthing called a Spontanious Creation.. it created elements atoms etc to cause the big bang..

wen the universe was created it started expanding like 12,000,000,000 lightyears every nano second.. so thers no chance of us getting to the edge :P

supernovas from collapsing suns created explosions that gave out star dust which setled on planets, the planets wer blocks of burning rock.. but in the earths occasion it was perfect for creation.. star dust is actually common elements that we all know like carbon etc etc.. they rested on our planet turning into substances like water and etc.. after water came life in the shape of single celled lifeforms (aemoebas) these then evolved over time into every living thing we see..

technically.. you me the computers we are using are made of stardust

its creepy but its the best explanation i have :P :wink:

sry i didnt finish what i was saying :P

Yea.. so this is why i dont believe in a man in the sky that controls everything and made everything in a few days..

the universe was created over BILLIONS of years.. not freaking 6 days and 1 day rest.. bah humbug

sry guys but im a strong aithest even tho i cant spell it :)

vistame09copyhr8.png

Guest GhostRanger

Oh but we don't know that. We may believe that - I may believe that, but we do not know that. We weren't there.

And who says God didn't create Spontanious Creation?

well the bible sure doesnt say it does :lol:

all the bible said is that he created the heavens the earth etc etc etc in 7 days..

[bleep] no as we can tell from fossils that the world has been here millions of years.. and from viewing the stars we can tell that the universe is billions of years old..

also in the bible it suggests that the universe is only a few thousand years old..

mayb u shud read it :wink:

vistame09copyhr8.png

Guest GhostRanger
well the bible sure doesnt say it does :lol:

all the bible said is that he created the heavens the earth etc etc etc in 7 days..

* no as we can tell from fossils that the world has been here millions of years.. and from viewing the stars we can tell that the universe is billions of years old..

also in the bible it suggests that the universe is only a few thousand years old..

mayb u shud read it :wink:

Er...I have read it. And the Bible does not limit the life of the Earth to only a few thousand years. The existance of man, possibly - but Earth? No.

The Bible says God created the things in a specific order...the order is actually very logical - logical enough for it to be done in your way and through different forms of evolution. Who ever says that "God created" doesn't mean he created these scientific occurences and made them happen?