Your standing on religion

xAxelx

I have recently decide I dont believe in god, which means im Atheist.

I just dont understand how everyone believes in it. What is your standing on this?

(im not sure if this is like against the rules talking about this so sorry if it is moderators)

opera94x15.gifsolaris.png

I finally beat runescape.. YES I have quit.

~-I am athiest-~

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont understand how everyone believes in it. What is your standing on this?

(im not sure if this is like against the rules talking about this so sorry if it is moderators)

(off topic) Not agaisnt the rules, but htis topic is become mighty old. Expect many things (Tons of posts, a lock, flames, ect).

This kind of tipic happens once a month...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Some have beliefs different to you, believe it or not. i dont believe in god, i dont see how there could be a god, and im not gonna spend my life waiting around for a sign from him. My choice, and if others want to do that, so be it. I believe i'm right in what i say - as do christians when they say god exists - so who knows who's right. I keep my beliefs, they keep theirs, and as long as i don't get bible bashers knocking on my door, its all good.

logo.jpg

Personally, I don't believe in a god, although I've never really thought about it. I also think everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the matter. The only problem I have is when a person beleives one thing and says that everyone else should live that way too. Religion should be personal and shouldn't carry over into other people.

Seriously, what's the point of even making this topic? You know it's going to end in a flame war and goign to need to be locked by a mod.. So why bother? it really mod edit: it's censor evasions like this that will get the topic lockd so far - don't do it again me off when i read posts like this, mainly because I'm catholic. Yes, I know not everybody has to believe what I believe in, but it only makes people who have a different idea than your own mad.

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

(off topic) Not agaisnt the rules, but htis topic is become mighty old. Expect many things (Tons of posts, a lock, flames, ect).

This kind of tipic happens once a month...

Actually it happened quite a few months ago ;)

I believe in God :) religion? I'm a Christian, and believe that Christianity is one of the most (or the most, IMO) beautiful concepts ever revealed to us. However, "Christians" who do not follow this, pervert the belief, and pervert it for others, so that people who do not believe, see Christianity as the jerks that ruin it, and give it a bad name.

It's principle vs. application, I've said it a million times, but this is the first time I've said it before I have to - I'm saying it out of prevention of the "oh man, look at the crusades, religion sucks" - because I hate those illogical arguments, for they say nothing of the religion they are bashing, and everything of the losers who aren't following the religion.

Anyways...

summerpngwy6.jpg

I'm Jewish, but I can't say I follow the beliefs so much. I believe in a higher power, call it God or whatever you wish. I don't believe this thing controls our every act or even cares what we do, but is there.

I don't like organized religion in the sense that it's too political anymore (when hasn't it been?). I guess fanaticism in any genre, be it religion, politics, beliefs, etc., is too much. So closing yourself out to only a certain set of beliefs is not leaving room for other possibilities, and just being somewhat close-minded. It's like if I were to call myself a Christian, wouldn't I be restricted to only the beliefs of a Christian? But I'm Jewish, and I believe something totally different, and there are even some Jewish beliefs I disagree with. Obviously one of the many religions is more 'right' than others, so why not pick up on other beliefs and sort of mix them. That would be ideal for me, studying other religions and choosing the beliefs that are right for me. I'm a unique person, as is everyone else. I don't think I should have the same beliefs as anyone else.

My real pet-peeve on religion is converting. In my eyes, if a person is down to the point where they need religion in their life, they will seek it. I guess when people come up to me asking if I want to be their religion it's no biggy, but if I wanted to be any religion I would explore the possibilities and choose based on their beliefs. But converters are simply salespeople, they need to know how to convince you to go with them and their choice. I don't like dealing with used-car salesmen either. They just don't seem to accept 'No' for an answer. If they respected the beliefs of those who they are trying to convert, they would leave after "No thanks."

peterstretchfn5.gif

eh, im agnostic. dont really believe in god, dont really believe he doesnt exist, but if he does exist thats cool, i dont think im a bad person. if there is one if anything i think its just a higher dimensional "being" for lack of a better word, who just kinda creates universes to see what comes out of them. that would be pretty cool.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Futurama said that he can't see how there could be a God. Well, to be honest, I don't see how there couldn't be. :P

I was raised Christian, and believed it simply because that's what my parents taught me. However, over the last couple of years, I've really begun to examine Christianity and discover the amazing truth of it. :)

For anyone interested in philosophy, I highly recommend He Is There and He Is Not Silent by Francis Schaeffer. It's a brilliant philosophical defense of Christian theism, and it's a very good read.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Seriously, what's the point of even making this topic? You know it's going to end in a flame war and goign to need to be locked by a mod.. So why bother? it really mod edit: it's censor evasions like this that will get the topic lockd so far - don't do it again me off when i read posts like this, mainly because I'm catholic. Yes, I know not everybody has to believe what I believe in, but it only makes people who have a different idea than your own mad.

I don't think its going to be mostly flames; its just going to be people posting that it is going to be a flame war.

I was brought up Christian, and throughout the years, I have found more evidence supporting my religion and going against it. For those who don't believe in God because you can't prove he exists: Think of someone you love. Prove that you love them. Same thing with God.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Atheist. The concept of there being a god has never sat well with me.

I personally don't give a damn what someone else's religion is as long as they don't try to push it on to me, ever.

Mum still writes me down and being Catholic, or whatever the Church of England is, because that's what I was baptised as :roll:

I've got an overly religious girl-friend before (christian) and we dated fine for over a year. Our differences in religion never was a problem :)

@Peter: I've had these "salesmen" come round before. Mormons I think they were. And to cut a long story short. about 6 weeks later the same two guys turned up. Seems like they'd had a change of perspective since they stopped by my place, or so they claimed. Rather interesting really since I didn't say much when they did come by the first time :-?

As far as I'm concerned, if there is a god, that's great. If there isn't, that's great. Either way is fine with me. I was raised by a Christian family, but I've never really accepted their beliefs. I think as long as I live my life to the fullest, do what I think is right, and try to learn from my mistakes, I'll be fine in the afterlife. I don't think that accepting and being part of the Christian faith is the ONLY way to get to heaven/paradise/whatever you want to call it. I believe that life is way too short to worry about what's going to happen at the end.

3898000bYVcx.png

I've got an overly religious girl-friend before (christian) and we dated fine for over a year. Our differences in religion never was a problem :)

Just don't get married!

We've been broken up for over 3 years :P Current SO is like.. atheist-ish.

SHe's like Christian but is like "meah whatever" about it all. So *shrug*