Your standing on religion

xAxelx

Just the fact that I can do whatever I want without any "upper creature" stopping me makes it more obvious that there is no god!

Ever heard of free will?

Just watch all the stupid things that happen everyday: religious murders, terrorism, men that kill their wives and children coz they suffer a depression, American soldiers torturing Iraqi civilians, nature disasters, gangfights, drug victims, drunk drivers that kill others, people who kill for fun, students who kill their schoolmates and teachers, etc etc etc...

If there is a god, he must be a freaking sadist if you ask me!

Ever heard of free will?

summerpngwy6.jpg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no disrespect but that what i put in the post before yours oh well maybe he will understand it if 2 people tell him oh and i havea a question i belive adam and eve existed but i also belive dinosaurs existed. Those two theories clash dramaticaly because of it being written in teh bible the earth was created in 7 days. The only solution to this clash i can think of is if those days were not human days but god days which for all we know could of been an eon ( a trillion years not quite sure but its above abillion i know that) does anyone agree or have there own theories?

p.s. srry for thread hi jacking

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

Cmon Steve you can do it!

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

no disrespect but that what i put in the post before yours oh well maybe he will understand it if 2 people tell him oh and i havea a question i belive adam and eve existed but i also belive dinosaurs existed. Those two theories clash dramaticaly because of it being written in teh bible the earth was created in 7 days. The only solution to this clash i can think of is if those days were not human days but god days which for all we know could of been an eon ( a trillion years not quite sure but its above abillion i know that) does anyone agree or have there own theories?

p.s. srry for thread hi jacking

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I belive that all of our lives are a test that will determine what happens with our soul God gave us freee will and 1. its up to us to decide to use that to our advantage in a good way or a bad way when Armagedon happesn those who used there free will to live a good life will go to heavan while 2. the rest have to suffer through the Rapture

but hey thats how ilook at it if udont want to belive in God even though u ur self is proof of his existence fine.

1. Salvation through faith not works.

2. The rapture is when believers are taken to heaven in an instant and will (what most scholars believe), prelude the tribulation. There is no suffering in the rapture.

Just here to clarify some things..

Wasn't Michael Behe's book more about disproving evolution's certainty using irreducible complexity than about his belief in a Christian God?

Seems like a straw man to me.

Yes but when Behe's books replaced the words creationism with intelligent design and creationist with intelligent design proponent shows his intentions. The fact the word creationism appeared in any form of his writing shows something fishy going on and the words are interchangeable in Behe's mind.

Here is an article http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8061 you can find more info and the transcript by googling.

oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me ididnt know iwas giving false information

edit: and thanks runesmithie for the link it helped me clear things up

Do you ever plan on learning to type?....any day now....

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Forgive me for not understanding, but if the universe is isotropic, then how come our laws of physics wouldn't work in some areas of space? If they apply to one section of space, wouldn't they apply to them all?

You mentioned background radiation - how long have we had the tools to detect that? Imagine if we didn't have the tools to detect it, but we explored a significantly large area of space with the tools we did have. We wouldn't detect the background radiation, but that wouldn't disprove it's existence. We may have explored all the space, but we didn't explore every level of existence.

You misunderstood me; the first paragraph was me rambling on about what I would like to imagine, not what the case actually is. As it is, the universe is apparently isotropic and it would be safe to assume the laws of physics is indeed the same everywhere.

Also the whole discussion is hypothetical, obviously a pre-requisite for knowing if god exists is a device to actually measure god. Whole sections of science (such as statistics, astronomy, physics, mathematical induction etc) all go on the assumption of an isotropic situation and my question was why god detection couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be any different.

Ok, that's for clarifying. I basically agree with you then - in that case, it would be possible to disprove God's existence.

oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me ididnt know iwas giving false information

edit: and thanks runesmithie for the link it helped me clear things up

Do you ever plan on learning to type?....any day now....

I already sent him a PM warning him about that and linking him to Rick's grammar guide. ;)

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

If you belive god made man in the image of himself, and all the bible stories you're an idiot. Sorry but it's true. :?

If you believe the earth is round you're an idiot...

Might want to back up your statements ;)

smithie3.jpg

If you belive god made man in the image of himself, and all the bible stories you're an idiot. Sorry but it's true. :?

Leave now....

This is ridiculously rude and offensive.

Please explain to me how I am an idiot, because I would really like to know.

...although...I'm sure everything you say will be handed back to you with a full response of how I am not an idiot, and how my beliefs are not idiotic.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Wasn't Michael Behe's book more about disproving evolution's certainty using irreducible complexity than about his belief in a Christian God?

Seems like a straw man to me.

Yes but when Behe's books replaced the words creationism with intelligent design and creationist with intelligent design proponent shows his intentions. The fact the word creationism appeared in any form of his writing shows something fishy going on and the words are interchangeable in Behe's mind.

Here is an article http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8061 you can find more info and the transcript by googling.

That article doesn't mention Behe or Darwin's black box. Can intentions really fallacize logic?

I fail to see how Behe using creationism and ID interchangably (which isn't even said in the article) would void the logic he uses to prove irreducible complexity?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Leave now....

This is ridiculously rude and offensive.

Please explain to me how I am an idiot, because I would really like to know.

...although...I'm sure everything you say will be handed back to you with a full response of how I am not an idiot, and how my beliefs are not idiotic.

Because it's true, if you think the world was flooded or angles destroyed some cities you're an idiot. It was just people who had no science trying to not be scared of natural stuff. read this for some agruments about god.

Now you will say well there are no arguments about my evolution in that. Fine lets say there is a god who created the universe. There is still no afterlife because of the clear logical arguments. You're just afriad to die and not exist anymore you would waste your time studying a relgion and making your brain so messed up with idiotic views your life is worthless.

Oh btw, i'm not one of those lame athiests that try and ruin people who belive in a gods time by taking the word god out of everything. I just like making stupid arguments. I also don't try n spread atheism i just argue back with people.

Its probably been said before on this topic, but Christianity isnt a "religion". It's a relationship with God.

And another thing, from a philosophical view its bets to be a christian. Say there were 2 people, an athiest and a christian. They both die and the atheist is right. Neither suffer damnation or experience Heaven. But if the christian was right, he gets to stay in Heaven and the atheist suffers.

Its probably been said before on this topic, but Christianity isnt a "religion". It's a relationship with God.

And another thing, from a philosophical view its bets to be a christian. Say there were 2 people, an athiest and a christian. They both die and the atheist is right. Neither suffer damnation or experience Heaven. But if the christian was right, he gets to stay in Heaven and the atheist suffers.

:roll:

:roll:

Go to the eye hospital then.

Yes, but if Hinduism is right they both become pigs in their next life.

Thats the worst reason to become religious i ever heard. Its laughable.

Imagine betting all your money (life) on a horse (christianity). What if it loses? Its your entire fortune (life) wasted away for nothing.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Imagine betting all your money (life) on a horse (christianity). What if it loses? Its your entire fortune (life) wasted away for nothing.

That's a bad analogy, because I've experience so much fullness and satisfaction in my life as a result of my relationship with Christ, be it a figment of my imagination or not.

And the end of my life, if this turns out to be false (which I am sure won't happen), I don't think I'd have any regrets tbh.

summerpngwy6.jpg

That's a bad analogy, because I've experience so much fullness and satisfaction in my life as a result of my relationship with Christ, be it a figment of my imagination or not.

And the end of my life, if this turns out to be false (which I am sure won't happen), I don't think I'd have any regrets tbh.

Yeah...exactly how I feel.

Guest GhostRanger

Well then properly using your analogy...being an athiest would be like betting on a horse that you are 100% certain will not win. You're living your life knowing that even if one religion is real, you don't have a shot at winning at all. Seems worse to me...

I don't feel like I miss out on much being a Christian either so don't try that one.

Well then properly using your analogy...being an athiest would be like betting on a horse that you are 100% certain will not win. You're living your life knowing that even if one religion is real, you don't have a shot at winning at all. Seems worse to me...

I don't feel like I miss out on much being a Christian either so don't try that one.

Seems to me more like betting on the horse that won't win unless all the others die :P

smithie3.jpg