99 Smith - Seriously considering.

mujammil

Hey,

Well ive made a 99 smith thread a long time ago, but this time i might actually go for it seeing as i have the cash for it (110=m :))

So i have a HELL of a lot of questions to ask.

First, can anyone direct me to a link with a guide on what i shold smith to 99?

What is best to do with finished products (platebodies) alching..selling on G.E what? i want to know this because i'm not bothered if i have to alch, i will just alch in PvP, i just want to know what is best to loses minimum cash.

This brings me onto the question about the cost for 99 smith, few things to know: I already have 2 smith brawlers which i will only use at 88 smith which is 1.04m xp right there, for the rest of the xp i will use SC hammers. I;m guessing like 40mish?

Now how long will it take to get the right amount of hammers to get me to 99 smith from my current level, bear in mind i will gain 1.04m xp without hammers ( brawlers ) (oh and also i will use skilling SC sclans to get my hammers)

Whats the average xp per hour? By average i mean time taken to get the hammers.. and smith the actual products ( this is for addy plates)

Is it mind bogglingly boreing? i doubt it but i find FM'ing increasingly boring, i doubt this will be due to the fact i'll be playing SC and possibly alching my products.

Can't think of any more questions right now, will add more if i have more questions. Any added questions will go below this line.

Has anyone tried smithing in PvP, is it too dangerous to do, or not? might aswell get ep if i can.

Cheers.

MujGunGetDiv.png

Addy plates and until then Mith plates. It's extremely fast, so don't worry. It was 40m last time I checked with sc hammers, but those takes a while to get.

EVERYTHING you need should be here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq2VYceBAsM

Read the description.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Dang! Thanks for the link it tells me a hell of a LOT, now i'm trying to work out the average experience per hour but the i'm getting confused so i still need information on that, also i need to know what to do with my final products and what items to smith to first reach 88 smithing.

Apart from that, i think thats it :)

MujGunGetDiv.png

I recommend goldsmithing with gauntlets, it's pretty fast exp until 88 when you can do Addy plates. From your leel to 88, you need to smith around 74k gold with gauntlets, and it will cost around 18.8M. Then again, this is the method I use, but I haven't really researched, it may be outdated :S

I recommend goldsmithing with gauntlets, it's pretty fast exp until 88 when you can do Addy plates. From your leel to 88, you need to smith around 74k gold with gauntlets, and it will cost around 18.8M. Then again, this is the method I use, but I haven't really researched, it may be outdated :S

That would take long.... Varrock armour 2 recommended if you do decide on smithing using a furnace, Edgeville furnace.

I did a lot of mining/smithing in f2p in between memberships. For leveling mining and smithing I suggest the following...

Mining/Superheating/Smithing/Alcing:

1. Calculate how many steel bars you need to smelt until level 48. Then buy that number of nature runes and iron ore. Equipt a staff of fire (or related), bring natures and iron ore into the mining guild and start getting coal. Superheat as you mine, bank the inventory (minus 2 spots for coal) and repeat. When you smelted all bars (or the amount that you could affort upon buying ores and nats), go make steel platebodies and high alc those. Repeat cyclus if necessary.

Result: Near to max xp in mining, and max xp in smithing and magic + loss of money.

2. Calculate how many mithril bars you need to smelt until level 68, then buy that number of nature runes and mithril ore. Equipt a staff of fire, bring natures and mithril into mining guild and start getting coal. Superheat as you mine, bank the inventory (minus 4 spots for coal) and repeat. When you smelted all bars (or the amount that you could affort upon buying ores and nate), go make mithril platebodies and high alc those. Repeat cyclus if necessary.

Result: Near to max xp in mining, and max xp in smithing and magic + profit.

3. Calculate how many adamantite bars you need to smelt to smithing 88 (or goal level), then buy that number of nature runes and adamantite ore. Equipt a staff of fire, bring natures and adamantite ore into the mining guild and start getting coal. Superheat as you mine, bank the inventory (minus 6 spots for coal) and repeat. When you smelted all bars (or the amoung that you could affort upon buying ores and nats), go make adamant platebodies and high alc those. Repeat cyclus if necessary.

Result: Near to max xp in mining, and max xp in smithing and magic + profit.

I personally bought 40k mith ore and nats and leveled up almost 20 levels to 86 smithing , magic leveled around 20 levels, and mining leveled around 15 levels (to nearly 97). :thumbsup:

If you merely with to level smithing and don't care about expenses. Buy gold ore and make bars until level 68, buy mithril bars and make platebodies until 88, and then do adamant platebodies until 99.

Alcing platebodies would help. Please note that buying bars will cause you to lose a lot of cash.

When smithing, don't forget to use a Stealing Creation hammer for maximum xp.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Superheating for a member isn't recommended, unless you want the mining XP. Otherwise, it's kind of a waste of time.

For pure speed, simply buy bars and smith plates. This is very fast - you can realistically smith 2500 bars per hour if you are making plates. Without hammers, making addy plates, this will be 150-160k per hour - and I hear that getting the hammers isn't a time saver, so it should average out to be around the same. Now, prices vary, but you can ballpark losing about 350 coins per addy bar bought if you alch the plates you make. You need about 138k addy bars to reach 99 smithing from 88 - which will lose about 48.3 mil. SC hammers halve this, so to answer your question:

88 to 99 smithing w/hammers will lose you 24 mil. You will smith 69k bars, at a rate of 2500 per hour, which will take you about 28 hours of time. Varrock armor 3 will save you an hour or 2 over time.

To get to 88, gold ore w/gauntlets is your best bet. Mith plates lose too much money to be worth it. Smelt your gold ore in the Edgeville furnace with Varrock armor to smelt faster. Mith plates clock in at over 10 coins/XP, while gold ore is under 6. Gold is as cost effective than addy plates, but since addy plates are much faster to make, they are the far better choice at level 88.

I got 99 smithing years ago.

Probably changed but here is my two cents.

I expect my playing time to valuble. ie. If I am online, I want to get the best experience in the least amount of time.

If you have the cash, buy the bars.

Who cares how much it cost in internet coins... it's the value of your real-life time that you shoudl be putting a value on.

That being said, I bought the steel bars from X-99, and just did plates.

I already had 99 magic so I sold the plates for alch value (or the highest I could get for, sometimes alch MINUS a bit)

Bdvo89.png

OL' SCHOOL CIRCA '01, YOU MAD BRO?

I got 99 smithing years ago.

Probably changed but here is my two cents.

I expect my playing time to valuble. ie. If I am online, I want to get the best experience in the least amount of time.

If you have the cash, buy the bars.

Who cares how much it cost in internet coins... it's the value of your real-life time that you shoudl be putting a value on.

That being said, I bought the steel bars from X-99, and just did plates.

I already had 99 magic so I sold the plates for alch value (or the highest I could get for, sometimes alch MINUS a bit)

It takes time to get money. In recent years, efficiency became a huge deal in RS. EG. If you make X cash/hour, then do this method, but if you only make Y cash/hour, do this. And Addy plates are always better than Steel. And mith is better than steel too. ;)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

It takes time to get money. In recent years, efficiency became a huge deal in RS. EG. If you make X cash/hour, then do this method, but if you only make Y cash/hour, do this. And Addy plates are always better than Steel. And mith is better than steel too. ;)

News to me.

When I got 99 smithing, I don't think there was any addy ores, let alone bars , to buy. haha.

But trust this man, his words are wise.

Bdvo89.png

OL' SCHOOL CIRCA '01, YOU MAD BRO?

Thanks for more replies :)

I'm thinkinf about smelting gold ore till 88, i'm just wondering do the gold bars sell? If they don't.. then that increases my costs buy a huge amount.

EDIT: Also... is there a reason as to why everything is riseing.. is this inflation or is this just merchents. I mean addy bars and gold pre/bars are riseing.. should i buy right now, or should i buy later when they die down.?

Cheers.

MujGunGetDiv.png

lol im not sure...but i sold my gbars on lowest price and they got sold....but i would say try it with less amount..like 3k gold bars at a time..cuz i didnt 2k and i sold dem on lowest price

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Thanks for more replies :)

I'm thinkinf about smelting gold ore till 88, i'm just wondering do the gold bars sell? If they don't.. then that increases my costs buy a huge amount.

EDIT: Also... is there a reason as to why everything is riseing.. is this inflation or is this just merchents. I mean addy bars and gold pre/bars are riseing.. should i buy right now, or should i buy later when they die down.?

Cheers.

If you put the gold bars in at min, they sell instantly at a little above min. I was just goldsmithing about 3 days ago :)

Mith bolts to 73, Addy bolts to 88, Addy plates to 99. Costs ~41m and is pretty fast (use SC hammers).

Hmm interesting, once again thanks for the multiple answers, can someone do a comparison between mith/addy bolts to 88 with smelting gold ore to 88 and tell me about the costs and xp/h :) this will be a major hel[p.

MujGunGetDiv.png

Unfinished mith bolts currently sell for 72 each. A mith bar costs about 1200 currently. You get 10 bolts per bar, so you lose about 480 per bar this way - costing almost 10 coins/XP. Unfinished addy bolts sell for 178 each. A bar is selling for around 2400 currently. You lose ~600 per bar, again at a cost of around 10 coins/XP. Meanwhile gold ore buys for around 500, bars sell for around 250. That's a loss of 250 per bar, at a cost of around 4.5 coins/XP. Gold ore is a far more economical option than either type of bolt.

Straight smithing bars or smelting ores goes max at around 1200 per hour, using Varrock armor 3. This will get you 60k per hour with mith bolts, 67.5k per hour with gold ore, and 75k per hour with addy bolts.

Total cost to 88:

Mith bolts: 83.2k mith bars * 480 lost per bar is around 40 mil - 20 mil with SC hammers. Around 35 hours w/hammers.

Addy bolts: 66.5k addy bars * 600 lost per bar is also right around 40 mil - 20 mil with SC hammers. Around 28 hours w/hammers.

Gold ore: 74k gold ores * 250 lost per ore is 18.5 mil lost. 62 hours.

Gold ore is slightly cheaper than the other 2 methods, and won't require mucking about for days on end playing Stealing Creation.