Can I do the Melzar section of dragon slayer?

namrud

I am a level 47 f2p and I want to train magic(crumble undead) on the skeletons on Crandor(I am not yet thinking on Elvarg lol). My stats are: 40 attack, 40 str, 40 Hp, 34 def, 25 pray, 24 ranged(I don't think I will use that), 35 magic(but soon 39 for crumble undead), max hit 9 with rune scimi.

I have the 2 easier map pieces( the mine one and the goblin's) but I don't know about Melzar's. I am sure I would be able to kill Melzar, but the demon... I don't know about him.

Questions: What form of attack does Melzar use(magic?), what is his max hit, what is the demon's max hit, and what are my chances agaist both of them with 25 Tunas and fire bolt/melee(rune scimitar against Melzar and silverlight/rune scimi against the demon)?

You have a good chance. I finished Dragon Slayer at around that level. Bring teleport runes if you can use them.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

There are many more efficient ways to train magic then combat spells. You will save alot more money and gain alot more exp for example using super heat on iron or mithril ores then casting crumble undead.

just a heads up if you want to invest money into mage.

to answer your question, yes you can do that. I beat dragon slayer at similar level

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

hey, i did dragonslayer on my brothers acc, it has exactly the same stats except the ranged lvl.

And i did the whole quest, melzar part + dragon with one inventory of lobbies ;-)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

If you can kill a lesser demon with 1/3 to 1/2 an inventory of food, you can do the maze I think. Melzar is melee like everything else in there, and not the hardest opponent.

A word of advice. They key drops are not random. One monster of each type has it as a 100% drop, so try to keep track of each creature you kill as it respawns to aviod killing the same one twice. And I am assuming this is still true, I know thats how it worked when I did the quests, and I see no reason to change it.

Yes, I did it on a level 32, using magic. The lesser demon was hard to mage cause I was always outside his range and I would mage and he would run back and I would run forward making myself in his zone so he would run forward and I'd run back and repeat that. :P

It should be easy enough. Just bring plenty of food. An inventory of lobsters (plus the key) is more than enough to take down Melzar, the demon, and the rest of the maze, probably with enough left over for Elvarg too.

if after doing the maze 1-2 times you find you do not have enough food for the lesser get a spare key on all the levels, this way you will not need to fight anything except the lesser.

Siverlight until 3/4 of HP done then Rune Scimmy.

No, just rune scimmy. Silverlight is a rune longsword against demons, and scimmy > longsword.

Maybe I should just use silverlight as not to risk my scimi? scimi's are not that much less than longswords.

The point is that silverlight is equivalent in power to a rune longsword when used on demons. That means that if you don't want to risk a scimitar, use silverlight.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

when I rethink about it the scimi is currently my most valuable item(since my defense is 35 I can't wear rune) so even if I die there I will not lose it. Thanks for all replies, this topic can be closed.

Well, if you think about it the other way, it saves over your addy armor, so if you used Silverlight on the demon instead you'd keep an extra piece of armor, and lose a 500 gp sword instead. However, you need to kill the other monsters as well. So I suggest you bring the scimmy.

Goldflame.png