Why can't adults drink?

Zierro

Firstly, I know I've written a lot, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T JUST HIT "QUOTE" AND THEN TYPE UNDERNEATH IT!!! It stretches the page out a lot! Doing it like this, I can argue each point but where you just quote an entire block of text and don't use it is really annoying and pointless.

I have defended my points of view for over 30 posts! You seem to not relise that.

You seem to not realise why. It's because every post you make is several paragraphs and, for the most part, makes you look less smart than you probably are. So it's easy for us to pick holes in because you make so many stupid points, which we can't help but comment on because you're so frustratingly ignorant, so you defend yourself with a few more paragraphs for us to respond to.

By telling me how you THINK I am wrong (your words not mine) you are forcing them on me, In the beginning it was a debate but the more it goes on the more your trying to get me to be like you, which I can't do ... unless of course I resort to drink copious amounts of alcohol.

You've made it clear you think we're wrong too. By the same logic, you're forcing your opinions on us. And we're not trying to make you drink - that's your personal decision which you have a very good reason for. We're just trying to make you understand that the majority of us drink responsibly. You just haven't realised this because in your area they're probably drinking responsibly inside a house whereas you go outdoors and see people falling over and vomiting.

your calling me dense yet you don't know what a fact is. Fact is a universal truth, if very single person who drunk alcohol had "gay old time" then it would be fact but that isn't the case.

"Fact is a universal truth" is the bit about your post that pissed me off most actually. What the guy you quoted said was this:

-YOU, Perfetc, are a more aggressive drunk. This is a fact.

-HE, Ss_J9_Goten, is a happier drunk. This is also a fact.

You managed to take it completely out of context. Both the above statements are facts. For example, it is a fact that I am white. It is a fact that my friend is black. It is a fact that another friend is Chinese. What you said was equivalent to someone saying "all humans are white." Do you see what I'm getting at?

If people could have fun and relax there would be no need for it, the same goes for smoking.

But not all of us can relax as easily. So there is a need for it. People have stressful situations such as work or education to cope with so it's nice to just let yourself go and relax a bit without having to worry about deadlines or whatever.

I am skeptical, why? All I have experianced is the bad side but if people say that then thats up to them.

Your experiences of the bad side of drinking look like they have lead you to believe that there is only a bad side. Actually you said so before, "there is no other side." I do understand why you'd be against drinking but if you opened your mind a bit you might see why others do enjoy it.

"No, what we are trying to do is point out where you are wrong - you present half baked arguments with little factual basis, and pass them off as ultimate truth." copy and paste ftw! yeah you said that in your last go at me aswell. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it is wrong, I could list about 50 things you wouldn't know does that mean there wrong aswell? If so how do you learn anything? Or don't you learn anything except through experiance?

"Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it is wrong" - so, just because you haven't desired the feeling of being drunk doesn't mean it is wrong to desire it. The fact of the matter is that your supposed "facts" haven't been sourced, other than one exception which didn't help your argument as it said that alcohol does not kill brain cells.

There is a differance between an accident when your sobre and an accident when yor drunk.(I don't think I need to say more than that on that point, its pretty obvious tbh)

We know, but you've exaggerated it a bit. A lot actually.

I LOVE this paragraph, it starts out making assumptions about me then goes to comparing alcohol to runescape and carries on to say I should be looked down upon and follows that up with I am an addict! :lol: Its so awesome that amount of stupidity can be cramped into a single post!!

He was making an assumption to turn the situation around so you could see it from a different perspective. He did not call you an addict. He said you might be addicted for all he knows. He also did not say you should be looked down upon, he asked whether it was right to look down on you for 'wasting' money in the same manner that you look down on us for 'wasting' our money.

While playing runescape I have never been in a fight, thrown up, danced like a tool, fell over, talked bollocks or anything else that you do when your drunk (stereotypicaly of course).

I think where he said "so does playing RuneScape" he was referring to the long-term implications such as obesity and insomnia.

And in case you didn't read the first few sentences of this post, go read them now before you go quote like an [wagon].

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, I know I've written a lot, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T JUST HIT "QUOTE" AND THEN TYPE UNDERNEATH IT!!! It stretches the page out a lot! Doing it like this, I can argue each point but where you just quote an entire block of text and don't use it is really annoying and pointless.

Makes it easier for me, yup I am that lazy.

I have defended my points of view for over 30 posts! You seem to not relise that.

You seem to not realise why. It's because every post you make is several paragraphs and, for the most part, makes you look less smart than you probably are. So it's easy for us to pick holes in because you make so many stupid points, which we can't help but comment on because you're so frustratingly ignorant, so you defend yourself with a few more paragraphs for us to respond to.

Don't care. :D how's that for ignorant!

By telling me how you THINK I am wrong (your words not mine) you are forcing them on me, In the beginning it was a debate but the more it goes on the more your trying to get me to be like you, which I can't do ... unless of course I resort to drink copious amounts of alcohol.

You've made it clear you think we're wrong too. By the same logic, you're forcing your opinions on us. And we're not trying to make you drink - that's your personal decision which you have a very good reason for. We're just trying to make you understand that the majority of us drink responsibly. You just haven't realised this because in your area they're probably drinking responsibly inside a house whereas you go outdoors and see people falling over and vomiting.

I don't think you are wrong.

I want you to try something for me, press "ctrl, f" and type in understand and find out how many times I have I understand, please.

your calling me dense yet you don't know what a fact is. Fact is a universal truth, if very single person who drunk alcohol had "gay old time" then it would be fact but that isn't the case.

"Fact is a universal truth" is the bit about your post that pissed me off most actually. What the guy you quoted said was this:

-YOU, Perfetc, are a more aggressive drunk. This is a fact.

-HE, Ss_J9_Goten, is a happier drunk. This is also a fact.

You managed to take it completely out of context. Both the above statements are facts. For example, it is a fact that I am white. It is a fact that my friend is black. It is a fact that another friend is Chinese. What you said was equivalent to someone saying "all humans are white." Do you see what I'm getting at?

I know what he meant, you don't understand what I mean. I meant universally, he meant individually.

If people could have fun and relax there would be no need for it, the same goes for smoking.

But not all of us can relax as easily. So there is a need for it. People have stressful situations such as work or education to cope with so it's nice to just let yourself go and relax a bit without having to worry about deadlines or whatever.

Exercise and meditation can release dopamine which makes you feel good so doing these can have the same effect as alcohol. Cocaine and amphetamines also do it, if you want to try them aswell. Have a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine read parts: 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 ;)

I am skeptical, why? All I have experianced is the bad side but if people say that then thats up to them.

Your experiences of the bad side of drinking look like they have lead you to believe that there is only a bad side. Actually you said so before, "there is no other side." I do understand why you'd be against drinking but if you opened your mind a bit you might see why others do enjoy it.

Read after I said "there is no other side." Not the times it has been quoted.

"No, what we are trying to do is point out where you are wrong - you present half baked arguments with little factual basis, and pass them off as ultimate truth." copy and paste ftw! yeah you said that in your last go at me aswell. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it is wrong, I could list about 50 things you wouldn't know does that mean there wrong aswell? If so how do you learn anything? Or don't you learn anything except through experiance?

"Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it is wrong" - so, just because you haven't desired the feeling of being drunk doesn't mean it is wrong to desire it. The fact of the matter is that your supposed "facts" haven't been sourced, other than one exception which didn't help your argument as it said that alcohol does not kill brain cells.

Did i say it was wrong to disire it? Look up the facts I have given then cos I know there true so I don't have to learn them again, if you don't want to look them up fine but don't say I never souced them cos I cba wasting my time and data allowance backing up my arguments when you have the same information at your finger tips.

There is a differance between an accident when your sobre and an accident when your drunk.(I don't think I need to say more than that on that point, its pretty obvious tbh)

We know, but you've exaggerated it a bit. A lot actually.

What about the person who said 95% of the world isn't responsable?

I LOVE this paragraph, it starts out making assumptions about me then goes to comparing alcohol to runescape and carries on to say I should be looked down upon and follows that up with I am an addict! :lol: Its so awesome that amount of stupidity can be cramped into a single post!!

He was making an assumption to turn the situation around so you could see it from a different perspective. He did not call you an addict. He said you might be addicted for all he knows. He also did not say you should be looked down upon, he asked whether it was right to look down on you for 'wasting' money in the same manner that you look down on us for 'wasting' our money.

"You've even paid for members, I note; should you be looked down upon because I can't understand why you'd want to waste your money on that game? Hell, you might even be addicted to it for all I know" His words not mine look them up!

While playing runescape I have never been in a fight, thrown up, danced like a tool, fell over, talked bollocks or anything else that you do when your drunk (stereotypicaly of course).

I think where he said "so does playing RuneScape" he was referring to the long-term implications such as obesity and insomnia.

I am far from fat, I am under weight. I sleep less than 8 hours a night out of choice. Any more?

And in case you didn't read the first few sentences of this post, go read them now before you go quote like an [wagon].

A donkey can quote? Cretin :roll:

To make it super easy for you I have underlined my bits, enjoy and be sure to quote me some more .... ah, who am I kidding, of course you will. You love it! <3: I love sarcasm just as much! :D

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

The fact is I don't care, I don't care about you or any body else in this forum, I don't care if you drink till you need your stomach pumped or you stop at 1 pint but most of all I don't care what you think of me.

Yeah, you made that pretty clear when you labeled us all "idiots".

I don't think my views are the only ones that count but all of you obviously do since your so eager to force your opinions on me which IS what your doing by constantly quoting me.

You are constantly quoting people too.

"dizzle (I think those are the two users you quoted) weren't being asshats (well, dizzle was but I don't think he pursued it too much)" cos no body was badgering him for more than 30 posts!

You chose to make 30 posts. Dizzle did not.

God this argument is so boring, I keep saying the same thing yet no body actually listens, they just pick out the bits were I mention the bad side of alcohol and use them against me ... dispite me saying many, MANY times I understand some people can use alcohol responsibly, people use it to relax and have fun etc etc etc.

This is what I don't get. You keep claiming that you acknowledge alcohol can be okay, but yet you still think people who drink are idiots?

You've even paid for members, I note; should you be looked down upon because I can't understand why you'd want to waste your money on that game? Hell, you might even be addicted to it for all I know" His words not mine look them up!

That's a misunderstanding of the point. He wasn't calling RSers addicts - he was saying that by your logic you should feel the same about RSers as you feel about drinkers, since they both spend time and money doing an unhealthy activity when there are many other alternatives they could be doing instead.

The fact is I don't care, I don't care about you or any body else in this forum, I don't care if you drink till you need your stomach pumped or you stop at 1 pint but most of all I don't care what you think of me.

Yeah, you made that pretty clear when you labeled us all "idiots".

You asked me to, didn't you? :|

So what you are essentially saying is that only idiots drink alcohol?

Why, yes, yes you did. It is on page 12. The absolute beauty of this is the post right underneath it, it proves my point that I am a target oh so well cos how many times has he been quoted?

Nick_6464, you are a legend! :thumbsup:

Who wants a bet that gets turned around on me? Something like "he wasn't being serious".

I don't think my views are the only ones that count but all of you obviously do since your so eager to force your opinions on me which IS what your doing by constantly quoting me.

You are constantly quoting people too.

To keep things in context and twice to prove a point.

Speaking of points, what was yours, in this instance?

"dizzle (I think those are the two users you quoted) weren't being asshats (well, dizzle was but I don't think he pursued it too much)" cos no body was badgering him for more than 30 posts!

You chose to make 30 posts. Dizzle did not.

Stop quoting me and I will gladly stop posting.

God this argument is so boring, I keep saying the same thing yet no body actually listens, they just pick out the bits were I mention the bad side of alcohol and use them against me ... dispite me saying many, MANY times I understand some people can use alcohol responsibly, people use it to relax and have fun etc etc etc.

This is what I don't get. You keep claiming that you acknowledge alcohol can be okay, but yet you still think people who drink are idiots?

I said people can drink it responsibly, I didn't say it was ok.

You've even paid for members, I note; should you be looked down upon because I can't understand why you'd want to waste your money on that game? Hell, you might even be addicted to it for all I know" His words not mine look them up!

That's a misunderstanding of the point. He wasn't calling RSers addicts - he was saying that by your logic you should feel the same about RSers as you feel about drinkers, since they both spend time and money doing an unhealthy activity when there are many other alternatives they could be doing instead.

Twisting the words to make them fit in an argument to use against me. Nicely done, I never saw it coming. Shame on me! #-o

perfetc_666.png

"I know what he meant, you don't understand what I mean. I meant universally, he meant individually."

But he did state a fact, yet you said he didn't know what a fact was. You said a fact was a universal truth, but facts can be individual truths too. I don't understand how I've apparently misinterpreted this.

"Exercise and meditation can release dopamine which makes you feel good so doing these can have the same effect as alcohol. Cocaine and amphetamines also do it, if you want to try them aswell."

So it's wrong of us to want to drink alcohol, a legal drug, but it's just dandy if we go snorting illegal white [cabbage] up our noses. Okay then.

And exercise doesn't make me feel good. Far from it. Some boffin in a lab might reckon it should, but every time I exercise, I just feel disgusting and worn out and pissed off about how such a small amount of exercise has worn me out so much. You'd argue that a hangover would make me feel disgusting, worn out and pissed off but if I had fun getting the hangover (not that I ever really get them often) then it doesn't matter. However I don't find exercise fun, and it DEFINITELY does not relax me in the slightest, it just winds me up. Also, I find meditation boring.

"What about the person who said 95% of the world isn't responsable?"

He didn't make a bunch of other stupid points at the same time, and how many people are responsible isn't something you can measure so it was pretty much just a throwaway comment that nobody really paid any attention to.

""You've even paid for members, I note; should you be looked down upon because I can't understand why you'd want to waste your money on that game? Hell, you might even be addicted to it for all I know" His words not mine look them up!"

Ok I'm looking them up aaaand... he said "SHOULD YOU be looked down on...?" not "YOU SHOULD..." And he said "for all I know" which made it clear he wasn't accusing you of it.

"I am far from fat, I am under weight. I sleep less than 8 hours a night out of choice. Any more?"

So RuneScape hasn't affected you drastically in the same way that alcohol has not affected me drastically. You're not a fat insomniac, I'm not in rehab. SIMPLES!

And if you're going to be picky about my choice of words in calling you an [wagon], a cretin is "one whose physical and mental development has been [developmentally delayed]ed or arrested due to thyroid deficiency" (source) and my thyroid glands are pretty well thanks.

Actually, screw this, I've spent too many hours arguing against this stubborn, ignorant fool and I'm going to go [bleep] off and drown my liver in beer.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

"I know what he meant, you don't understand what I mean. I meant universally, he meant individually."

But he did state a fact, yet you said he didn't know what a fact was. You said a fact was a universal truth, but facts can be individual truths too. I don't understand how I've apparently misinterpreted this.

Simples! (I just wanted to say it aswell) :lol:

"Exercise and meditation can release dopamine which makes you feel good so doing these can have the same effect as alcohol. Cocaine and amphetamines also do it, if you want to try them aswell."

So it's wrong of us to want to drink alcohol, a legal drug, but it's just dandy if we go snorting illegal white [cabbage] up our noses. Okay then.

And exercise doesn't make me feel good. Far from it. Some boffin in a lab might reckon it should, but every time I exercise, I just feel disgusting and worn out and pissed off about how such a small amount of exercise has worn me out so much. You'd argue that a hangover would make me feel disgusting, worn out and pissed off but if I had fun getting the hangover (not that I ever really get them often) then it doesn't matter. However I don't find exercise fun, and it DEFINITELY does not relax me in the slightest, it just winds me up. Also, I find meditation boring.

Since you are so fond of quoting me please find the post were I said it was wrong, I don't recall saying it. (to much going on in important aspects of my life)

Actually I think, if you want to take a drug to become more relaxed blah blah blah you might aswell go the whole hog and do some drugs, same effect ... bigger consequences but you don't care about them, remember!

Maybe you don't like exercise cos you can't do it for long from chugging so much beer but if you got some motivation it can be good to feel good. It might not relax you but it does relax others, hahaha now your me and I am you, I am saying something relaxes you and your saying it doesn't, oh how the tables turn.

Meditation is almost the definition of relaxing since your not using a noticable amount of energy, you are just sat, calm and collected.

"What about the person who said 95% of the world isn't responsable?"

He didn't make a bunch of other stupid points at the same time, and how many people are responsible isn't something you can measure so it was pretty much just a throwaway comment that nobody really paid any attention to.

Only cos some body else said it. Why not consider most of my comments as "throw away"?

""You've even paid for members, I note; should you be looked down upon because I can't understand why you'd want to waste your money on that game? Hell, you might even be addicted to it for all I know" His words not mine look them up!"

Ok I'm looking them up aaaand... he said "SHOULD YOU be looked down on...?" not "YOU SHOULD..." And he said "for all I know" which made it clear he wasn't accusing you of it.

okay ....

"I am far from fat, I am under weight. I sleep less than 8 hours a night out of choice. Any more?"

So RuneScape hasn't affected you drastically in the same way that alcohol has not affected me drastically. You're not a fat insomniac, I'm not in rehab. SIMPLES!

Give it time and it will catch up to you ....

And if you're going to be picky about my choice of words in calling you an [wagon], a cretin is "one whose physical and mental development has been [developmentally delayed] or arrested due to thyroid deficiency" (source) and my thyroid glands are pretty well thanks.

Well done, you totaly missed my point. You called me something I was so I returned the favour.

Actually, screw this, I've spent too many hours arguing against this stubborn, ignorant fool and I'm going to go [bleep] off and drown my liver in beer.

I had the same feeling of giving up 3 or 4 times earlier than you did since I am defending myself from 3 or 4 people.

I have better things to do than drink that ::'

perfetc_666.png

You asked me to, didn't you?

Just because I asked for your opinion doesn't mean I'm not allowed to disagree with it. Didn't we go over this many times?

Here my point is that you're playing the victim when the only difference between the two opposing sides are that you are outnumbered and don't have logically sound arguments on your side, so to combat this you pretend like we're attacking you when really all we are doing is defending the notion that drinking =/= idiocy.

I don't care if you post or not. I'm just saying that you can't bring up Dizzle because the situations are different. The reason why we weren't debating with Dizzle for 30 posts was because he chose not to make 30 posts, whereas you have.

So even though some people can drink it responsibly (no real negative consequences) they are still idiots?

Twisting the words to make them fit in an argument to use against me. Nicely done, I never saw it coming. Shame on me

I'm not twisting the words. It's called an analogy. Look here:

Person A: Homosexuality is wrong!

Person B: Why?

Person A: Because it goes against the Bible.

Person B: Working on the sabbath is wrong too then.

Person A: You think working on the sabbath is wrong? You're an idiot!

Person B: No, I'm just saying that by your own criteria (if it is against the Bible then it is wrong) you should think that working on the sabbath is wrong as well. I don't personally think it is wrong. I'm just saying that if you think homosexuality is wrong then you should also think that working on the sabbath is wrong, but you obviously don't so you are just making double standards.

Person A: Stop twisting words and attacking me!

You asked me to, didn't you?

Just because I asked for your opinion doesn't mean I'm not allowed to disagree with it. Didn't we go over this many times?

You keep bringing it up. I think I should save it somewere so I can just C.A.P it cos we seem to go over it enough times.

(C.A.P - copy and paste)

Here my point is that you're playing the victim when the only difference between the two opposing sides are that you are outnumbered and don't have logically sound arguments on your side, so to combat this you pretend like we're attacking you when really all we are doing is defending the notion that drinking =/= idiocy.

I wouldn't care if there was 1,000 of you against me, what I mean by target is a target of abuse (but that doesn't matter now cos I have insulted people right back) and because I would say something similer to some body else, I would get quoted by a few people and the other person didn't get a single quote.

I don't care if you post or not. I'm just saying that you can't bring up Dizzle because the situations are different. The reason why we weren't debating with Dizzle for 30 posts was because he chose not to make 30 posts, whereas you have.

How could I make 30 posts without other people? The answer is you can't. What is the old saying? It takes two to tango.

So even though some people can drink it responsibly (no real negative consequences) they are still idiots?

If I answer this are you going to use it against me another 10 or so times?

If you do I refuse to answer, wierdly that means you know answer ;)

Twisting the words to make them fit in an argument to use against me. Nicely done, I never saw it coming. Shame on me

I'm not twisting the words. It's called an analogy. Look here:

Person A: Homosexuality is wrong!

Person A: Because it goes against the Bible.

Person B: Working on the sabbath is wrong too then.

Person A: You think working on the sabbath is wrong? You're an idiot!

Person B: No, I'm just saying that by your own criteria (if it is against the Bible then it is wrong) you should think that working on the sabbath is wrong as well. I don't personally think it is wrong. I'm just saying that if you think homosexuality is wrong then you should also think that working on the sabbath is wrong, but you obviously don't so you are just making double standards.

Yes, they are similer ..... :roll: See now I am winding you up, fun, isn't it?

Ok let me translate that to our debate

Person A: Drinking is wrong! (btw, I never said that!)

Person A: Because it means your an idiot.

Person B: Playing runescape is wrong too then. (I assume that's right ....)

Person A: You think playing runescape is wrong? You're an idiot!

Person B: No, I'm just saying that by your own criteria (if it makes you an idiot then it is wrong) you should think that playing runescape is wrong as well. I don't personally think it is wrong. I'm just saying that if you think that drinking is wrong then you should also think that playing runescape is wrong, but you obviously don't so you are just making double standards.

Yes, drinking and playing runescape are both as bad as each other, I shall quit right now! :roll:

perfetc_666.png

You keep bringing it up. I think I should save it somewere so I can just C.A.P it cos we seem to go over it enough times.

Yes, I can keep bringing it up because it's what I'm arguing against.

I wouldn't care if there was 1,000 of you against me, what I mean by target is a target of abuse (but that doesn't matter now cos I have insulted people right back) and because I would say something similer to some body else, I would get quoted by a few people and the other person didn't get a single quote.

Alright, then how about you tell me what makes you this "target of abuse"? Is it because TIFers just have a natural urge to hate on people that have PER in their name, or maybe it's because we disagree with you and you keep defending your lame points vigorously so we fight back just as vigorously? The latter makes a lot more sense to me.

How could I make 30 posts without other people? The answer is you can't. What is the old saying? It takes two to tango.

What I want to know is that if Dizzle is perfectly capable of not posting, what makes it impossible for you? You make it seem like we're putting a gun up to your head and forcing you to post. You can quit whenever the hell you want. It doesn't matter to me. It's just really dumb to say that we're the ones making you post 30 times, when in reality you're the one making that choice.

Yes, that's what a debate is. The whole point of it is to disagree with you, while you disagree with me, and we try to prove which one of us is right. Do you honestly expect me to suddenly agree with you just to make you happy? No. Drinking doesn't make you an idiot, and that's what I'm sticking by. I will continue bringing it up until: A) I get bored, B) you stop posting, or C) one of us admits defeat.

C never happens though.

I like being wound up. It helps me fight boredom.

Person B: No, I'm just saying that by your own criteria (if it makes you an idiot then it is wrong) you should think that playing runescape is wrong as well. I don't personally think it is wrong. I'm just saying that if you think that drinking is wrong then you should also think that playing runescape is wrong, but you obviously don't so you are just making double standards.

I know you didn't say that... the correct first sentence that you should have used would be "Drinking is for idiots" not "Drinking is wrong". Then when asked why, your response would have been something along the lines of, "Because it is a waste of money and there are other activities that aren't as unhealthy." Then it would be refuted with, "Runescape cost money and there are other alternatives that aren't as unhealthy, therefore you should think that Runescape is for idiots too."

Either you are making a double standard or you need to come up with a new reason as to why drinking is for idiots, because your same exact reason can be applied to playing Runescape. We're not the ones saying RS is for idiots. We're showing you that you're the one saying that, judging by your own arguments.

Yes, I can keep bringing it up because it's what I'm arguing against.

So when you bring it up it's ok but if I bring it up it's not ok?

Alright, then how about you tell me what makes you this "target of abuse"? Is it because TIFers just have a natural urge to hate on people that have PER in their name, or maybe it's because we disagree with you and you keep defending your lame points vigorously so we fight back just as vigorously? The latter makes a lot more sense to me.

But your points are awe inspiringly brilliant! Nah.

Actually, besides fun and relaxing what are your points?

You seem to be the one doing that. What I want to know is that if Dizzle is perfectly capable of not posting, what makes it impossible for you? You make it seem like we're putting a gun up to your head and forcing you to post. You can quit whenever the hell you want. It doesn't matter to me. It's just really dumb to say that we're the ones making you post 30 times, when in reality you're the one making that choice.

Ditto.

I find it rude for some body to quote me (the online version of talking to somebody) only for me to ignore them, I was brought up not dragged up.

Yes, that's what a debate is. The whole point of it is to disagree with you, while you disagree with me, and we try to prove which one of us is right. Do you honestly expect me to suddenly agree with you just to make you happy? No. Drinking doesn't make you an idiot, and that's what I'm sticking by. I will continue bringing it up until: A) I get bored, B) you stop posting, or C) one of us admits defeat.

C never happens though.

No, it isn't a debate is to bring up the best points for your side of the argument not to ask questions which you know the answers to.

Although cos you already seem to have ran out of pro's for drinking I will say yes. Happy, I guess not. :?

Logic dictates that A leads to B which leads to C. If you get bored, you don't post, if you don't post the other person assumes they won. SIMPLES! :D

I like being wound up. It helps me fight boredom.

Or your saying that to try to wind me up, poor attempt.

I know you didn't say that... the correct first sentence that you should have used would be "Drinking is for idiots" not "Drinking is wrong". Then when asked why, your response would have been something along the lines of, "Because it is a waste of money and there are other activities that aren't as unhealthy." Then it would be refuted with, "Runescape cost money and there are other alternatives that aren't as unhealthy, therefore you should think that Runescape is for idiots too." Either you are making a double standard or you need to come up with a new reason as to why drinking is for idiots, because your same exact reason can be applied to playing Runescape.

Idiot, damn! Should have guessed!

I feel my points are more than good enough, wereas yours seem to be fun and relaxing. I have asked for more but I hanv't read any yet, I am always ready to shoot more good points down.

All of the posts on the last 3 or 4 pages seems to be (in your opinions) high lighting my flaws, either as a person or in my arguments (neither effect me btw. Which basically means all of your previous posts that have not been about the good points of alcohol have been wasted, well done =D> )

I am enjoying this thread more and more now, I should have done this from the start, MUCH more fun. :twss: Thanks for the thread! Really, no sarcasm.

perfetc_666.png

When did I say it's wrong for you to bring it up? Ever heard of the phrase, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."? Fits perfectly here. You can say whatever you want, but don't be surprised if I disagree with it.

You know, instead of just saying my points suck with no backing, how about you show me how they suck? If you don't, it's just a cop out. Anyone can repeatedly holler "wrong! wrong! wrong!" but it takes some application to point out how it is wrong. Since you provide no backing or support, I'm just going to assume that you have none.

I also like how you avoided the question. Seriously, what makes you think that you're a target of abuse?

Ditto.

Except I wasn't the one complaining about how many times I had to post. :lol: I enjoy posting.

I find it rude for some body to quote me (the online version of talking to somebody) only for me to ignore them, I was brought up not dragged up.

If it is rude to not respond to someone, then that means we are going to have to keep responding to you since you will deem it as rude. Now we're stuck in an infinite loop. None of us will be able to stop, since it is rude to ignore people. It's funny though, because you made it seem like you wanted us to stop but now you are saying it's rude to ignore someone's post. Do you really feel this way or are you just firing blanks now?

No, it isn't a debate is to bring up the best points for your side of the argument not to ask questions which you know the answers to.

It serves as confirmation to better understand your opinions, that way I can fight against your confirmed statements instead of merely guessing what you meant and fighting against that. Too many strawmans happen when you don't ask enough questions.

Although cos you already seem to have ran out of pro's for drinking I will say yes. Happy, I guess not.

Yeah, this tangent is completely my fault. Not yours at all. :roll:

Logic dictates that A leads to B which leads to C. If you get bored, you don't post, if you don't post the other person assumes they won. SIMPLES!

Some logic that is. A = me getting bored, B = you getting bored. They were just worded differently. C = one of us admitting defeat, not assuming you have defeated someone. I don't assume that just because someone stops posting that I've won. I assume that from the very start. Why would I be arguing about something that I didn't think was right? We're talking about how the debate ends, you can assume you've won whether it ends or not, since there really is no official winner anyways. Nobody admits defeat, so C is out of the picture. This debate ending depends on either A or B.

Wow, you really are paranoid. No wonder you think everyone on TIF is against you and that drinking always leads to death.

All of the posts on the last 3 or 4 pages seems to be (in your opinions) high lighting my flaws, either as a person or in my arguments (neither effect me btw. Which basically means all of your previous posts that have not been about the good points of alcohol have been wasted, well done =D> )

Yes, we are highlighting the flaws in your arguments and logic. The posts were just as much of a "waste" as the posts of you defending them. If they don't effect you then why do you keep responding? Obviously they're not a waste if you keep responding to them.

When did I say it's wrong for you to bring it up? Ever heard of the phrase, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."? Fits perfectly here. You can say whatever you want, but don't be surprised if I disagree with it.

You have 4 nostrils

You know, instead of just saying my points suck with no backing, how about you show me how they suck? If you don't, it's just a cop out. Anyone can repeatedly holler "wrong! wrong! wrong!" but it takes some application to point out how it is wrong. Since you provide no backing or support, I'm just going to assume that you have none.

I also like how you avoided the question. Seriously, what makes you think that you're a target of abuse?

I avoided the question? What about you? I have asked you twice in the last post atleast what other good points of drinking were and you havn't told me.

I never said your points were wrong I said they weren't that good.

I seem to be correcting you alot lately.

I told you why I think I am the target of abuse clearly you missed it, I will try and find it .... Ah, here we are "I wouldn't care if there was 1,000 of you against me, what I mean by target is a target of abuse (but that doesn't matter now cos I have insulted people right back) and because I would say something similer to some body else, I would get quoted by a few people and the other person didn't get a single quote." Happy?

Ditto.

Except I wasn't the one complaining about how many times I had to post. :lol: I enjoy posting.

I am now, well ever since a few posts ago, when I stop taking this thread seriously.

If it is rude to not respond to someone, then that means we are going to have to keep responding to you since you will deem it as rude. Now we're stuck in an infinite loop. None of us will be able to stop, since it is rude to ignore people. It's funny though, because you made it seem like you wanted us to stop but now you are saying it's rude to ignore someone's post. Do you really feel this way or are you just firing blanks now?

I like that infinite loop thing.

Nah, I am having fun now ... carry on :lol:

How do you know I am firing blanks, that is a private matter! :lol:

It serves as confirmation to better understand your opinions, that way I can fight against your confirmed statements instead of merely guessing what you meant and fighting against that. Too many strawmans happen when you don't ask enough questions.

Well you can't really complain when you hear something you don't like.

Although cos you already seem to have ran out of pro's for drinking I will say yes. Happy, I guess not.

Yeah, this tangent is completely my fault. Not yours at all. :roll:

See, you cannot think of another good point of drinking! I think I have won this in a numbers game.

I bet you quote that.

Logic dictates that A leads to B which leads to C. If you get bored, you don't post, if you don't post the other person assumes they won. SIMPLES!

Some logic that is. A = me getting bored, B = you getting bored. They were just worded differently. C = one of us admitting defeat, not assuming you have defeated someone. I don't assume that just because someone stops posting that I've won. I assume that from the very start. Why would I be arguing about something that I didn't think was right? We're talking about how the debate ends, you can assume you've won whether it ends or not, since there really is no official winner anyways. Nobody admits defeat, so C is out of the picture. This debate ending depends on either A or B.

Here I go giving my opinion again, prepare to argue like all holy hell.

That is your opinion and you already know mine.

Wow, you really are paranoid. No wonder you think everyone on TIF is against you and that drinking always leads to death.

didn't I admit to that :|

I didn't nor do I think that the whole of TIF is after me, on this thread however I am a target cos I disagree (to a degree) with everything you have said.

I never said that it ALWAYS leads to death but it MIGHT. There I go correcting you again.

Yes, we are highlighting the flaws in your arguments and logic. The posts were just as much of a "waste" as the posts of you defending them. If they don't effect you then why do you keep responding? Obviously they're not a waste if you keep responding to them.

"Yes, we are highlighting the flaws in your arguments and logic" in your opinion.

I have already answered this, I answer back cos you are talking to me.

They are a waste since what is the title of the thread? What have we been talking about? Totaly different things so infact 40 of my 41 posts are spam as are the last 3/4/5 pages of this thread.

perfetc_666.png

You have 4 nostrils

No, I have 2 and I have proof.

I avoided the question? What about you? I have asked you twice in the last post atleast what other good points of drinking were and you havn't told me.

Well, they have been listed so many times in this thread already but I will give them to you.

1.) It can make you more generous and friendly.

2.) It's a fun thing you can do without needing to be too active.

I told you why I think I am the target of abuse clearly you missed it, I will try and find it .... Ah, here we are "I wouldn't care if there was 1,000 of you against me, what I mean by target is a target of abuse (but that doesn't matter now cos I have insulted people right back) and because I would say something similer to some body else, I would get quoted by a few people and the other person didn't get a single quote." Happy?

I asked you to clarify that. You gave me your reasons of why alcohol is for idiots, and I see problems with your reasoning. You say it is stupid because you can have fun without it, the risks outweigh the good, and it cost too much. Everything falls under that category!

There are millions of ways to have fun in the world, so of course there will always be alternatives.

Roller coasters and cars have a high risk when you are not responsible, but that doesn't mean we should get rid of them. It's not the objects, it's the people. Some kid got his head chopped off because we walked near roller coaster tracks even though there were signs telling him not to be there. Who is to blame? The kid for going there or the roller coaster for being there? Anything can be deadly when people are involved - even sticks and stones.

And people pay to have fun all the time - going to movies, amusement parks, concerts, video games, internet, etc. It's their money though, and they get to decide what is worth their money.

We're both doing that.

There I go correcting you again.

Feels good, doesn't it? :mrgreen:

They are a waste since what is the title of the thread? What have we been talking about? Totaly different things so infact 40 of my 41 posts are spam as are the last 3/4/5 pages of this thread.

Yeah, I know. What should we do about this??

You have 4 nostrils

No, I have 2 and I have proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostril .Really?

Well, they have been listed so many times in this thread already but I will give them to you.

1.) It can make you more generous and friendly.

2.) It's a fun thing you can do without needing to be too active.

Find them! I couldn't.

I bet you had to think hard for them didn't you, I know cos they are poor reasons. 1) I am friendly enough, I would tell you how I can say that but I don't think the rules would allow me to. 2) doesn't count since I already said "fun and relaxing."

I asked you to clarify that. You gave me your reasons of why alcohol is for idiots, and I see problems with your reasoning. You say it is stupid because you can have fun without it, the risks outweigh the good, and it cost too much. Everything falls under that category!

There are millions of ways to have fun in the world, so of course there will always be alternatives.

Roller coasters and cars have a high risk when you are not responsible, but that doesn't mean we should get rid of them. It's not the objects, it's the people. Some kid got his head chopped off because we walked near roller coaster tracks even though there were signs telling him not to be there. Who is to blame? The kid for going there or the roller coaster for being there? Anything can be deadly when people are involved - even sticks and stones.

And people pay to have fun all the time - going to movies, amusement parks, concerts, video games, internet, etc. It's their money though, and they get to decide what is worth their money.

How much does it cost to get drunk, going out to a club or something it is something like £3 a pint and it takes hardcore drinker's about 7 or 8 pints? That alone is £24, then there is shots etc so say about £30 to get hammerd? What about a sit in a pub with a few mates after work? Say £10? This happens how many times a week? Say 3 times? thats another £30 and if you get hammerd aswell thats £60. Some people do it from friday night till monday morning how much does that cost? That is alot of money.

Then people go on holiday and drink there aswell even more money, they sit at home and drink there is some more money.

Before you jump on the "your stereotyping" wagon again I know not ever body does this.

We're both doing that.

I don't ask a question then repeat the answer over and over and over again.

Yeah, I know. What should we do about this??

I don't know, could always agree to disagree.

perfetc_666.png

I guess you're right then. But what was the point of that?

Find them! I couldn't.

Page 7:

Because being drunk can also cause you to do good things you would not normally not do, such as getting over fights, being more generous, being more open and confident, or coming up with new ideas - all of which I have witnessed before.

Page 11:

Alcohol is fun, it is relaxing, it can ease pain and for a short while it can make you forget. Personally, I love going out with my friends and having a couple of cans / pints, it makes the night more enjoyable and people become more open with you and you become more open with them, there's a lot of good things that have happened to me while I've been under the effects of alcohol. Alcohol is how I found the confidence to ask my current Girlfriend out, I wouldn't be with her to this day if I wasn't under the influence that night.

Oops, that's a lot more than two. Oh well.

I bet you had to think hard for them didn't you, I know cos they are poor reasons. 1) I am friendly enough, I would tell you how I can say that but I don't think the rules would allow me to. 2) doesn't count since I already said "fun and relaxing."

No, they were the first thing that came to mind. 1.) You don't know if it makes you friendlier or not - you claimed to have never been drunk. And it might not work for everybody, but it has for a lot. I can vouch for it and I know tons of others would too. 2.) Fair enough, at least you acknowledge two good aspects, but in those quotes I have gave you way more than two.

How much does it cost to get drunk, going out to a club or something it is something like £3 a pint and it takes hardcore drinker's about 7 or 8 pints? That alone is £24, then there is shots etc so say about £30 to get hammerd? What about a sit in a pub with a few mates after work? Say £10? This happens how many times a week? Say 3 times? thats another £30 and if you get hammerd aswell thats £60. Some people do it from friday night till monday morning how much does that cost? That is alot of money.

Hmm... isn't it expensive at bars and clubs? You can get it for a fraction of the price at a store. Beer can get really cheap and still have high alcohol percentage, like Natural Ice. A night of drinking is much cheaper than a ticket to Disney World for a day.

No, but instead you are doing something else which is still equally stupid.

I already have. What's the next step?

I guess you're right then. But what was the point of that?

You said something like you could say something and I probably won't belive it so I dug into my deep well of useless knowladge and pulled that out and you were right, you didn't belive me :lol:

Find them! I couldn't.

Page 7:

Because being drunk can also cause you to do good things you would not normally not do, such as getting over fights, being more generous, being more open and confident, or coming up with new ideas - all of which I have witnessed before.

Over fights - seems unlikly. generous - I can see this happening (buying a girl a drink etc). Open and confident - I think is sad (it's like being scared to be yourself). New idea's - seems unlikly.

Page 11:

Alcohol is fun, it is relaxing, it can ease pain and for a short while it can make you forget. Personally, I love going out with my friends and having a couple of cans / pints, it makes the night more enjoyable and people become more open with you and you become more open with them, there's a lot of good things that have happened to me while I've been under the effects of alcohol. Alcohol is how I found the confidence to ask my current Girlfriend out, I wouldn't be with her to this day if I wasn't under the influence that night.

Oops, that's a lot more than two. Oh well.

Ease pain - sad for not facing up to the problem but instead running away. Improving night - depends. The rest I have gave my thoughts on.

No, they were the first thing that came to mind. 1.) You don't know if it makes you friendlier or not - you claimed to have never been drunk. And it might not work for everybody, but it has for a lot. I can vouch for it and I know tons of others would too. 2.) Fair enough, at least you acknowledge two good aspects, but in those quotes I have gave you way more than two.

It would be very hard for me to be more friendly in RL, obviously I can be the total opposite but it isn't very often.

You gave me 6, some of which I don't really agree with.

Hmm... isn't it expensive at bars and clubs? You can get it for a fraction of the price at a store. Beer can get really cheap and still have high alcohol percentage, like Natural Ice. A night of drinking is much cheaper than a ticket to Disney World for a day.

I don't know the last time I was in a club was 1st of november 07, my memory isn't that good lol

I have never been to disney world so I don't know.

No, but instead you are doing something else which is still equally stupid.

Such as ...

Not alot beats acting like a broken record in terms of stupidity.

I already have. What's the next step?

Since when!

perfetc_666.png

You said something like you could say something and I probably won't belive it so I dug into my deep well of useless knowladge and pulled that out and you were right, you didn't belive me

I still don't get it. I didn't believe you because all my life I never knew about interior nostrils until today. Now I believe you though. Are you trying to make a parallel between this and our debate?

Over fights - seems unlikly. generous - I can see this happening (buying a girl a drink etc). Open and confident - I think is sad (it's like being scared to be yourself). New idea's - seems unlikly.

Yeah, to someone who hates alcohol and never got drunk, of course you're going to say it "seems unlikely". When you are in a different state of mind, your brain works a little differently and you are going to think differently.

And you might say having alcohol make you be more open is sad, but I say the exact opposite. If you should "only want to be yourself" then you're pretty much saying you should stay the same old person your entire life and never change. It's more sad to want to stay shy if you ask me. Nobody is 100% open and confident anyways, so there is always room for improvement.

Ease pain - sad for not facing up to the problem but instead running away. Improving night - depends. The rest I have gave my thoughts on.

How are you running away? The problem will still be there after you turn sober - I'm pretty sure most people know that even when they're drunk.

As for improving nights, yeah sometimes the night does go bad because of alcohol. But more often than not, it goes well, hence the enormous demand for it. People would stop buying it if it made them miserable.

Such as ...

Not a lot? I'm an idiot because I drink and ask you a question, but when people call you one for real reasons (I can list them if you want but I'm pretty sure you would just complain about that) you just deny it and say "not a lot"?

Oops, I used a question mark. I'm such an idiot. :lol: Your definition of idiot is the most idiotic I have ever heard.

Since when!

Since you showed signs that you are not budging and since I'm obviously not going to call myself an idiot for a stupid reason. I would call myself an idiot for numerous other reasons, but drinking is definitely not one of them.

I should remind myself not to enter in to a battle of wits when my opponent isn't armed.

You said something like you could say something and I probably won't belive it so I dug into my deep well of useless knowladge and pulled that out and you were right, you didn't belive me

I still don't get it. I didn't believe you because all my life I never knew about interior nostrils until today. Now I believe you though. Are you trying to make a parallel between this and our debate?

Never mind .....

It was an attempt to lighten the mood, clearly failed.

Yeah, to someone who hates alcohol and never got drunk, of course you're going to say it "seems unlikely". When you are in a different state of mind, your brain works a little differently and you are going to think differently.

No **** sherlock.

And you might say having alcohol make you be more open is sad, but I say the exact opposite. If you should "only want to be yourself" then you're pretty much saying you should stay the same old person your entire life and never change. It's more sad to want to stay shy if you ask me.

It is sad to me to need alcohol to pluck up the courage to be open.

How are you running away? The problem will still be there after you turn sober - I'm pretty sure most people know that even when they're drunk.

Cos you are delaying facing the problem.

As for improving nights, yeah sometimes the night does go bad because of alcohol. But more often than not, it goes good, hence the enormous demand for it.

can't comment.

Such as ...

Not a lot? I'm an idiot because I drink and ask you a question, but when people call you one for real reasons (I can list them if you want but I'm pretty sure you would just complain about that) you just deny it and say "not a lot"?

Oops, I used a question mark. I'm such an idiot. :lol: Your definition of idiot is the most idiotic I have ever heard.

Real reasons ... omg, just no.

How funny -.-

Doesn't work over the interweb since you can go back and change what you typed, idiot ;)

Since when!

Since you showed signs that you are not budging and since I'm obviously not going to call myself an idiot for a stupid reason. I would call myself an idiot for numerous other reasons, but drinking is definitely not one of them.

To me an idiot is an idiot, no matter the reason.

So you call yourself an idiot but no body else can? :roll:

Is it just me or has the word "idiot" lost all meaning.

Arguing with you is like doing this :wall: for an hour, it seems to go on forever, makes you sore and you don't get very far except the ability to get your IQ low enough to be on par with you.

My definition of idiot is a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental [developmentally delayed]ation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an IQ under 25.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idiot

perfetc_666.png

I should remind myself not to enter in to a battle of wits when my opponent isn't armed.

I wasn't even aware we were in a "battle of wits". :lol:

And I know you don't want a wit-off. I don't want to embarrass you.

No **** sherlock.

If it's such a no-brainer then why are you arguing against it? You don't know what it's like to be drunk, so how are you going to claim to know how people think when they are drunk?

From what I've seen, I become more friendly and easier to get along with after drinking. I've come up with new ideas as well because I think differently with alcohol. I've also seen it happen with other people too. It's really not as uncommon as you make it out to be - it just makes you sound like an Above The Influence commercial. There are many positive effects to drinking, which is why people like it so much.

It is sad to me to need alcohol to pluck up the courage to be open.

More open.*

It might be "sad" for someone to have to go to a psychiatrist, but that doesn't mean we should get rid of psychiatrists. Yes, going natural is the best, but it's not always the most effective.

Again, your argument can be applied to anything. "It's sad to have kids to make you happy. It's sad to buy video games to have fun. It's sad to use tutoring to understand math better." Problems come and people seek the answers for fixing them. You're saying that it's more sad to fix a problem than to let it stay as it is.

Cos you are delaying facing the problem.

Yeah, and going for a walk to reduce your stress is also "delaying facing the problem".

Real reasons ... omg, just no.

How funny -.-

Well, for one, you think that any man who has gotten drunk is an idiot. Do you know how many smart drinkers there have been? Sorry, but if you honestly think that then that makes you the idiot.

Doesn't work over the interweb since you can go back and change what you typed, idiot ;)

What are you talking about now?

To me an idiot is an idiot, no matter the reason.

Yeah, it is a word that is thrown around a lot but this discussion was intended to be serious at first... I was legitimately asking you if you really thought that drinking = being an idiot, someone stupid. You said yes. I defended drinkers, and then you went on to say how I am not letting you speak your opinions and I'm attacking you, bla bla bla, I'm asking you too many questions and forcing you to post, bla bla bla, my IQ is under 25, bla bla bla.

So you call yourself an idiot but no body else can?

Nope, never said that. If you have a real reason to call me an idiot, then I don't care if you say it. If you're calling me one for a stupid reason, such as partaking in drinking and asking you a question, then I have every right to argue back. In case you forgot, you were the person who came onto this thread and made a sweeping generalization about people being idiots. Maybe since you played the victim so much, you forgot that we are the ones who are defending ourselves here.

Arguing with you is like doing this :wall: for an hour, it seems to go on forever, makes you sore and you don't get very far except the ability to get your IQ low enough to be on par with you.

You do know you're insulting yourself more than me, right? You seem to be hating this debate and making a chore out of it rather than enjoy it - like what I'm doing. :mrgreen: It's funny how you complained about it, then you said you liked it, now you go back to complaining about it. Just a reminder: the only one forcing you to do this is yourself.

My definition of idiot is a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental [developmentally delayed], having a mental age of less than three years old and an IQ under 25.

Well, that doesn't fit with what you gave us. You said drinkers were idiots because there are other ways to have fun, it's expensive, and it's not worth the risk. Now you change it into having the intelligence of a 3-year-old. There might be some people like that, but there have been many many smart people who have drank before.

You are making drinking into such a horrible thing, and I don't see any good reasons to do so. I never said alcohol was 100% healthy or that it's the best thing in the world. It's just something that should be treated similar to other activities in the world, such as video games. They cost money, they have a health risk, and there are alternatives to them. People lose their lives to video games, yet you don't make the same sweeping generalizations that you make for alcohol. According to you, everyone who got drunk is an idiot and your reason is because there are a few bad cases - but not all of them are like that, so why label all of the drinkers as idiots when you yourself even acknowledged that some can use it responsibly? What is so idiotic about responsible drinking???

I hate to repeat myself (even when necessary), but are you being intentionally dense? Seriously?

Oh, and I see what you were doing. Being defensive didn't work, being offensive didn't work, being lighthearted didn't work. Nothings working for you (hint: it's your arguments' fault). Personal attacks don't work either, they just show what an [wagon] you are.

Incidentally, I think it's sad that you can't just man the [bleep] up.

I think Zierro's got pretty much everything covered, so I'll just leave you with a few reasons why alcohol is good (not why I think it's good. Why it IS good).

1. It is a social lubricant. It takes tension away from social encounters so that people can be more open (ironically, by "being afraid to be themselves" as you put it, people become more genuine when they're on alcohol - clever, no?)

2. Alcohol helps people enjoy themselves. (An aside - when I said it was a fact that I had fun on alcohol, you said it was just an opinion. Of course you're wrong, because how can you know what I've experienced on alcohol? [bleep]. And you conveniently glossed over this when Plugpoint shot you down).

3. Alcohol helps people bond. There's nothing quite like drinking with a few mates in a private setting - hell, I was drinking with some guy I had just met through friends and by the end of the night we couldn't stop telling each other how much we loved each other (and he's one of my best mates now).

4. Helps people unwind. After a [cabbage]ty day at work, alcohol helps me unwind (pre-emptive strike: I don't drink during the week, so don't take that out of context like you've done for most of my posts ;)).

Prove all those wrong, and I will gladly accept defeat (although you won't be able to, so maybe you should just quit).

1. It is a social lubricant. It takes tension away from social encounters so that people can be more open (ironically, by "being afraid to be themselves" as you put it, people become more genuine when they're on alcohol - clever, no?)

2. Alcohol helps people enjoy themselves. (An aside - when I said it was a fact that I had fun on alcohol, you said it was just an opinion. Of course you're wrong, because how can you know what I've experienced on alcohol? [bleep]. And you conveniently glossed over this when Plugpoint shot you down).

3. Alcohol helps people bond. There's nothing quite like drinking with a few mates in a private setting - hell, I was drinking with some guy I had just met through friends and by the end of the night we couldn't stop telling each other how much we loved each other (and he's one of my best mates now).

4. Helps people unwind. After a [cabbage] day at work, alcohol helps me unwind (pre-emptive strike: I don't drink during the week, so don't take that out of context like you've done for most of my posts ;)).

This.

Perfetc, you were pretty much asking for us to give as many reasons as possible why alcohol is good. However, it is the quality and not the quantity of these reasons that counts. I'd rather have one amazing reason than a thousand weak ones.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Remember what you said were stuck in an infinite loop so anything I do say is pointless, especially since you can quote other people and still have a go at me, I am kind of the third man :lol:

Another reminder I have been taking the mick out of this thread for some time now.

perfetc_666.png

if we define "adult" as 18, then we have to allow them to drink. We cant have the government telling legal adults if they can do something so basic. I see no point in waiting three years anyway, In that three year period me and all of my friends probably drank at least every weekend, and often more frequently.

You're barely the third man when you're the one whose stupidity and sheer ignorance is what people are replying to.

And you've run out of arguments I see. About bloody time.

You might find this a hard concept to understand but I want you to try, really, really hard for me mmmkay? Ok, here we go.

I was busy ...

So here we go with the argument side.

I am bored of your lame reasoning, arguments, the word alcohol, what alcohol is, of it being in my face, people who drink alcohol (more than once a month, yes, I have put a time on it), of hearing about it, reading about it, thinking about it.

So because of this huge amount of bordem I will start to be more blunt and you will come out with the same boring insults you have been hurling at me so many times before that, as I said before, will not effect me cos you don't matter to me.

I could carry on posting why I dont drink or why I think others shouldn't drink and you could carry on posting why you do drink and why I should drink but I think after 45 posts and how ever many posts from any of you we have gone over every point with a fine tooth comb, even things that have nothing to do with alcohol has been debated.

All that plus the fact that ultimately everything we do is pointless makes this pointless. The FACTS are no matter what you say you will never get me to change as no matter what I say will not change anything you do.

Given that I have just said all that shall we agree to disagree? Instead of childishly saying "I already have [insert usless pathetic insult here]".

Speaking of childish pathetic insults is this "You do know you're insulting yourself more than me, right?" an ever so slightly more mature version of saying "I am rubber you are glue" :roll: That says alot about you.

perfetc_666.png