Why can't adults drink?

Zierro

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some body said before it was £12 for a 1 ltr bottle of smirnoff? Thats about 20 times as much as a 2 ltr bottle of coke! What a waste of money!

DAMN! Where the hell do you get 2 ltr bottles of Coke for 60p?

Well admittedly I guessed but

1 ltr bottle of smirnoff = £12

2 ltr bottle of coke = 1.24

I think I was pretty close (remember the smirnoff is 1 ltr and the coke is 2 ltr)

I could get 3ltr of coke for £1.69 but that makes it harder to guess :lol:

Btw my maths is awful so I could be wrong :oops:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Prices around here are about £1.65 - £1.70 for a 2 ltr bottle.

That in the 9-10 times less cheaper range. God, at least check your math before making an idiot of yourself.

Anyway, the reason in price difference? Cost in production values, and you don't just grab vodka and drink it anyway. 1 ltr of vodka should last a hell of a lot olonger than 2 ltrs of coke.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Like I said my math is awful but wouldn't it be 10 times as much if it was 1 ltr for a bottle of coke not 2ltr.

Wouldn't it depend on why you bought it? if you bought it for yourself then yes, it would last a long time (I assume) but if you bought it to take to a party then I doubt it would last the night.

perfetc_666.png

If you're taking something to a party, then you get it expecting it not to last the night, because of the amount of people who are going to be there.

Seriously, your logic defies all known boundaries of stupidity.

So you agree with me but you call me stupid? doesn't that mean your stupid aswell?

Is there any need for insults? -.-

I knew there was a reason for you being so adamant and biased against alcohol. Either way as sad of a story as yours is it certainly is not the norm.

I know it's not the norm but i can't exactly use any other point of view can I.

In my my mind alcohol - bad, pain etc. You think alcohol - fun, relaxing etc.

perfetc_666.png

Perfetc, although you've had a harder life than average so far due to Alcohol abuse, your attitude on it is full of stereotypes and bias, which is understandable though.

It causes so many problems mostly financial. How much does it cost you to get drunk? how much does it cost the NHS when fall over, get in a fight, get hit by a car or become an alcoholic? How much does it cost to put you in rehab? How much does it cost to bury you cos you got hit by a car? What about the psych problems of maybe being raped while your drunk? Theres all these things to consider but what the hell right its fun. (I know there unlikly to happen but they could).

As I said all stereotypes, how often do people actually end up in hospital because of Alcohol abuse? I've been drinking the last 2 years weekly, I'm 16 now so it's safe to say I've seen quite a popular age group in term of hospitalization due to alcohol abuse. In 2 years, roughly 74 weeks, roughly 730 days etc, I've only had 1 friend who has been hospitalized, he had to have his stomach pumped.

The fact is, alcohol tax and cigarette tax take in a lot more money than the health costs add up to, creating an overall profit for the government.

And as you said earlier on about George Best, I've always said and held the view, Alcohol doesn't ruin people, break families apart etc, a person's lack of control over Alcohol does.

Perfetc, although you've had a harder life than average so far due to Alcohol abuse, your attitude on it is full of stereotypes and bias, which is understandable though.

It causes so many problems mostly financial. How much does it cost you to get drunk? how much does it cost the NHS when fall over, get in a fight, get hit by a car or become an alcoholic? How much does it cost to put you in rehab? How much does it cost to bury you cos you got hit by a car? What about the psych problems of maybe being raped while your drunk? Theres all these things to consider but what the hell right its fun. (I know there unlikly to happen but they could).

As I said all stereotypes, how often do people actually end up in hospital because of Alcohol abuse? I've been drinking the last 2 years weekly, I'm 16 now so it's safe to say I've seen quite a popular age group in term of hospitalization due to alcohol abuse. In 2 years, roughly 74 weeks, roughly 730 days etc, I've only had 1 friend who has been hospitalized, he had to have his stomach pumped.

The fact is, alcohol tax and cigarette tax take in a lot more money than the health costs add up to, creating an overall profit for the government.

And as you said earlier on about George Best, I've always said and held the view, Alcohol doesn't ruin people, break families apart etc, a person's lack of control over Alcohol does.

Ah, yes the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument. If alcohol wasn't there do you think person would still be ruined? Yes, he would. Theres plenty of ways to ruin yourself, drugs abuse for example.

Instead of hitting the bottle this weekend pop down to the local hospital on friday or saturday night and see the who turns up in A&E.

I have watched a few programmes (granted these are edited to look really bad) on binge drinking on these programmes I have seen things from girls taking a whizz on the streets infront of a butt load of people and a film crew to girls drinking stuff that they say they hate the taste of but they drink it to get drunk to people getting in cars and killing themselvs and people walking down the road. Not 1 time have I seen people have nothing but a good time.

you wanted a link, here ya go:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_alco ... _each_year

That is per year remember.

What exactly are the arguments for alcohol? Its fun? Its relaxing? It makes you forget? It eases the pain of whatever? Seriously, I want to know. I think I have listed enough times the bad points of it.

If I have just listed what I think are the reason for alcohol consumption but can't you get those exact same things from weed or any other drug? But the only reason you don't do them cos there against the law? If it was ok to do it would you? You get the same effect as alcohol so why not? Cos it was against the law before? If thats true you shouldn't drink alcohol either. (then again this is all hypothetical) ::'

perfetc_666.png

you are so boring perfetc,

my old man is a piss head and it has done alot of bad to our family in the past and i dont really speak to him now, but that doesn't stop me getting pissed up and having a laugh with mates. its all about control and when you drink. i never ever drink alone beacuse i see it as pointless and the reason my dad got in the state he is now but as long as a person can excersise some self control all is well.

iteme3721.jpg

Perfetc, I can see why you personally would choose not to drink. I know it's hard seeing a family member cope with alcoholism.

But you've asked a few times why people feel the need to get drunk. I do it to relax; I enjoy the lack of control - I would rather be having fun completely smashed, crawling because I can't walk any more, spilling all my drink down myself etc than walking around like a boring person sipping a nice cool glass of lemonade in complete control of my actions.

Sober, I'm quite a shy, won't-speak-unless-spoken-to sort of person, but when I'm drunk it's the best feeling in the world to be able to dance, sing, start talking to strangers etc without any of the normal self-conscious bull[cabbage] that stops me doing that sober.

It's fine, as long as you don't become dependant on it.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Ah, yes the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument. If alcohol wasn't there do you think person would still be ruined? Yes, he would. Theres plenty of ways to ruin yourself, drugs abuse for example.

Instead of hitting the bottle this weekend pop down to the local hospital on friday or saturday night and see the who turns up in A&E.

I have watched a few programmes (granted these are edited to look really bad) on binge drinking on these programmes I have seen things from girls taking a whizz on the streets infront of a butt load of people and a film crew to girls drinking stuff that they say they hate the taste of but they drink it to get drunk to people getting in cars and killing themselvs and people walking down the road. Not 1 time have I seen people have nothing but a good time.

you wanted a link, here ya go:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_alco ... _each_year

That is per year remember.

What exactly are the arguments for alcohol? Its fun? Its relaxing? It makes you forget? It eases the pain of whatever? Seriously, I want to know. I think I have listed enough times the bad points of it.

If I have just listed what I think are the reason for alcohol consumption but can't you get those exact same things from weed or any other drug? But the only reason you don't do them cos there against the law? If it was ok to do it would you? You get the same effect as alcohol so why not? Cos it was against the law before? If thats true you shouldn't drink alcohol either. (then again this is all hypothetical) ::'

Perfetc, the things is, every Saturday and Sunday afternoon I do charity work with the homeless, who the vast majority of are either on drugs or alcoholics. I know how destructive it is, and that's why I'll always be in control of my alcohol consumption, I've seen the devastating effects of it.

Those shows you mentioned are purely bias Perfetc, they only show the badside of alcohol, when it is abused. I've seen plenty of those shows, they're all biased towards showing people so drunk they don't know what's going on or even have control of themselves. You suggested I go to a hospital and see the effects of it this weekend, well I personally recommend to you to go into your local town this Friday or Saturday night and see how many people are enjoying alcohol without being a danger to themselves or others.

Alcohol is fun, it is relaxing, it can ease pain and for a short while it can make you forget. Personally, I love going out with my friends and having a couple of cans / pints, it makes the night more enjoyable and people become more open with you and you become more open with them, there's a lot of good things that have happened to me while I've been under the effects of alcohol. Alcohol is how I found the confidence to ask my current Girlfriend out, I wouldn't be with her to this day if I wasn't under the influence that night.

And I smoke Marijuana regardless of the law, I wont mention the effects or personal experiences of it though as that goes against the forum rules. A quick note on your "factual" link, Wikianswers isn't considered a reliable source at all, I find it odd every figure that guy mentioned either ended in 5' or 0's, sounds like something made up to me. If you find a government source or a independent unbiased source, that's is always considered a reliable source.

If your source is right then let's do the maths. The 2009 estimate of the USA population is 306,500,000 people roughly. Not if 100,000 died in your source:

100,000 / 306,500,000 = 0.000325% of the estimated American population died of Alcohol, now, is that as bad as you make it out to be?

I found it funny all 3 had my name in the 1st sentance of your speaches :lol:

If I bore you thats no fault but your own for reading it. :roll: if your saying I am boring cos I don't drink then thats a different matter, since you don't know me it would be a pretty stupid thing to say.

I did say that those were only showing worst part of it.

I think I just don't need alcohol like all of you do I can have fun without alcohol, I don't get stressed therefore I don't need to relax, I am already confident in a way cos I do is speak my mind ... I try to say what I want, how I want, when I want and I usually do. In short if any body has seen the programme "house" thats how I want to be, although I don't have that level of intelligence :lol: and I am pretty close. (I have to tone it down on here of course)

with that link thing I just bashed it in on google and the 1st link didn't work and I knew clicking on anything with wiki on it was only going to end in people saying "its not a good source" but I was sleepy.

perfetc_666.png

I think I just don't need alcohol like all of you do I can have fun without alcohol, I don't get stressed therefore I don't need to relax, I am already confident in a way cos I do is speak my mind ... I try to say what I want, how I want, when I want and I usually do.
Quit acting like all of us must have alcohol to have fun. Everyone can fun without alcohol, it's simply a choice if one wants to use alcohol. But of course, this being a thread of alcohol, there's going to be discussion of how some users here have used alcohol and why it should be allowed at a younger age. At the very least, they have more experience than you, who doesn't drink.

Props for you not needing alcohol to have fun, but it doesn't mean you're the only one. You have a motivation for not drinking (because of your story), but bashing everyone while being stereotypical and such doesn't resolve the problem.

I think I just don't need alcohol like all of you do I can have fun without alcohol, I don't get stressed therefore I don't need to relax, I am already confident in a way cos I do is speak my mind ... I try to say what I want, how I want, when I want and I usually do.
Quit acting like all of us must have alcohol to have fun. Everyone can fun without alcohol, it's simply a choice if one wants to use alcohol. But of course, this being a thread of alcohol, there's going to be discussion of how some users here have used alcohol and why it should be allowed at a younger age. At the very least, they have more experience than you, who doesn't drink.

Props for you not needing alcohol to have fun, but it doesn't mean you're the only one. You have a motivation for not drinking (because of your story), but bashing everyone while being stereotypical and such doesn't resolve the problem.

I'm sorry, who have I bashed? I have refrained myself from saying what I really think cos it is very harsh.

If you want to drink thats fine it's your body, you can do what you will with it.

I have done what I want with mine, I have a sleeve which cost £425 to tattoo up my arm, some of you think that that is stupid and what ever.

Being all nice and peacful does not lead to a good discusion or debate, which is what I love to do.

As far as I can remember I havn't insulted any body, I havn't made any body feel bad or atleast I havn't tried to do either of those things. If I have, I am sorry.

You make it hard for me not to think you all need alcohl to have fun, I live with 31 other people (I am the only person who doesn't drink) every friday night till monday monday morning EVERY BODY is drunk, I don't mean sometime theres a handful not drunk, all of them.

I walk into town and guess what it's full of drunks. I walk into the supermarket and there is usually more alcohol being put out cos so many people are buying it. There is always people in bus stops and parks getting drunk at night.

So when you see all that what else are you meant to think?

Have you noticed no matter what I say you say it is a stereotype? Every body stereotypes, see I just did it again, I can't stop :-# :lol:

perfetc_666.png

Well bearing in mind the content of your previous post, perhaps you just live in a rougher area and have created a biased stereotype based on what you've seen.

And I don't recall anybody saying they need alcohol to enjoy themselves. It just adds to the fun.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

And I don't recall anybody saying they need alcohol to enjoy themselves. It just adds to the fun.

I dont recall saying anything different, I think I may have said it seems that way.

"You make it hard for me not to think you all need alcohl to have fun"

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I have not read through this entire topic so forgive me if someone already posted this.

The legal drinking age in the U.S. being 21 is about one thing and one thing only. Traffic fatalities.

So many 18-20 year olds were dying in alcohol related car crashes that the government felt like they had to do something to stop it. I can't remember the numbers but the difference in the number of deaths when it was 18 versus 21 is huge. Also, the drinking age is actually a state law and determined by each state, however, the federal government will pull its highway funding from a state that allows drinking under the age of 21. There was recently a movement to make the legal age 18 again but public outcry was, by far, against it.

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

I dont recall saying anything different, I think I may have said it seems that way.

I stand corrected, although I did say I didn't recall it and I thought it seemed that way.

So I am not totaly wrong :D

perfetc_666.png

I stand corrected, although I did say I didn't recall it and I thought it seemed that way.

I actually don't drink. So saying that I need alcohol to have fun would be the biggest false statement. I don't drink because I am under 18 (legal drinking age here) and dad only really drinks when he goes out or when he has mates over. I bet he will try and get me smashed on my 18th though. He is a fun drunk, and even then still better than me at darts. <.<

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I actually don't drink. So saying that I need alcohol to have fun would be the biggest false statement. I don't drink because I am under 18 (legal drinking age here) and dad only really drinks when he goes out or when he has mates over. I bet he will try and get me smashed on my 18th though. He is a fun drunk, and even then still better than me at darts. <.<

Ok .... but what does that have to with the quote?

perfetc_666.png

I don't get the whole concept of drinking anyway, why do you get drunk?

Because I'm such a smart guy that sometimes it's nice to be stupid once in a while.

I don't get the whole concept of drinking anyway, why do you get drunk?

Because I'm such a smart guy that sometimes it's nice to be stupid once in a while.

No offence but you can't be that smart if you are willing to poison yourself for fun.

EDIT: that seems a bit aggresive, I don't mean it to be. Honestly.

perfetc_666.png