Why can't adults drink?

Zierro

So what you are essentially saying is that only idiots drink alcohol?

...to get drunk. Yes.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, yes.

You are paying for an over priced liquid that poisons your body, messes around with your brain and other organs, puts you at certain risks that you would other wise avoid and makes you feel like crap the next morning (except those very special people among us who claim they never get hangovers). All in the persuit of fun.

I think its odd price to pay to have fun.

As I have said before how ever it is your life to lead how you like.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Perfetc, why don't you just shut up now?

Now, drinking isn't my thing, I dislike it. But I hate people like you more. You are the idiot here.

Your "logic" can be applied to anything, and can easily be shot down, by giving examples of things you might enjoy.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

You are paying for an over priced liquid

It's cheaper than water. -.-

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Now, drinking isn't my thing, I dislike it. But I hate people like you more. You are the idiot here.

Your "logic" can be applied to anything, and can easily be shot down, by giving examples of things you might enjoy.

I post and be respectful that some people are different and you come and post like some knuckle dragging chav and start insulting me like I got a sign on my forehead inviting you to do so, WTF! :x

If you don't like something I have said ignore it. Whats the old saying "if you don't have something nice to say don't say it"

Some body asked my opinion, see:

so I gave it to them but cos you don't like it you decide I am an idiot for thinking differently to you?

You are paying for an over priced liquid

It's cheaper than water. -.-

Not if you turn a tap :lol:

perfetc_666.png

You said I'm not a smart person. How is that respectful? I don't care that you called me an idiot, the problem is you calling me an idiot and then saying you're being respectful.

You are paying for an over priced liquid that poisons your body, messes around with your brain and other organs, puts you at certain risks that you would other wise avoid and makes you feel like crap the next morning (except those very special people among us who claim they never get hangovers). All in the persuit of fun

It can be very cheap to get drunk. It cost much more to go to an amusement park and run the risk of dying on a roller coaster. There are risks everywhere you look, and alcohol isn't much different from any other fun activity if you know how to be responsible.

You said I'm not a smart person. How is that respectful? I don't care that you called me an idiot, the problem is you calling me an idiot and then saying you're being respectful.

I think it is being respectful, would you rather me lie to you and say "no, I think its awesome that you drink and your a very clever person for doing so" or would you rather I not patronize you and tell you my honest opinion? Cos I don't lie.

If I ask some body a question I want an honest answer, not to be treated like a child.

Being called an idiot and a stupid person is the same thing, like being called a human and an omnivore.

perfetc_666.png

In that case, Sword was just being "honest" too. Would you rather have him lie to you?

As for your last sentence, I don't know what you're getting at. Nobody said being stupid and being an idiot were different things.

I'm sorry, who have I bashed? I have refrained myself from saying what I really think cos it is very harsh.

If you want to drink thats fine it's your body, you can do what you will with it.

From my view, everyone who drinks.

Being all nice and peaceful does not lead to a good discussion or debate, which is what I love to do.
Yes, it can when you're civil about it.

As far as I can remember I haven't insulted any body, I haven't made any body feel bad or at least I haven't tried to do either of those things. If I have, I am sorry.
Bashing in the sense, that you're saying negative things of people who drink. While at the same time appearing like you're ignorant in the subject.

When you're saying stuff like this:

I don't get the whole concept of drinking anyway, why do you get drunk? If you drink and not get drunk why choose alcohol? It tastes like crap!

Or

If people would become more mature, relise theres life outside a bottle and become more responsable then we could have a driving age and a drinking age at the same level but that will never happen cos it seems people lives revolve around this annoying liquid.

Or even

It causes so many problems mostly financial. How much does it cost you to get drunk? how much does it cost the NHS when fall over, get in a fight, get hit by a car or become an alcoholic? How much does it cost to put you in rehab? How much does it cost to bury you cos you got hit by a car? What about the psych problems of maybe being raped while your drunk? Theres all these things to consider but what the hell right its fun. (I know there unlikly to happen but they could).
Get it? I guess not. :wall:

No offence but you can't be that smart if you are willing to poison yourself for fun.
C'mon now. Seriously?

You make it hard for me not to think you all need alcohol to have fun, I live with 31 other people (I am the only person who doesn't drink) every Friday night till Monday morning EVERY BODY is drunk, I don't mean sometime theres a handful not drunk, all of them.

I walk into town and guess what it's full of drunks. I walk into the supermarket and there is usually more alcohol being put out cos so many people are buying it. There is always people in bus stops and parks getting drunk at night.

*faceplam* I bet they're drinking in the library too right? And it's a marketing strategy, while them also needing an adult for them to sell it by the way.

So when you see all that what else are you meant to think?
That you're not looking hard enough. You're only looking for what you want to see.

In that case, Sword was just being "honest" too. Would you rather have him lie to you?

No, but I never asked for his opinion and there are better ways to go about it than:

I just noticed this so let me comment on it:

It can be very cheap to get drunk. It cost much more to go to an amusement park and run the risk of dying on a roller coaster. There are risks everywhere you look, and alcohol isn't much different from any other fun activity if you know how to be responsible.

Actually the chances of dieing on a rollercoster are incredibly slim, due to there nature of going fast at relatively high altitude they are tested and examined regularly to make sure there safe. They can't exactly let them fly round like that year after year hoping that they will be ok, especially with health and safety getting ever more silly.

I agree there are dangers everywere but being drunk isn't exactly helpping yourself avoid them.

You have to agree that you are less likly to do the things you do drunk than you do sobre, this maybe for good like 1 person said before about him asking his girl friend out but who hasn't heard of some body waking up next to some body who they don't find attractive? Would they have slept with that person if they were sobre? No, they wouldn't.

It is a fact that people lose the inhibitions when there drunk so you are more prone to act badly, such as fighting, throwing up in the street, taking some random person home dispite not even knowing there name, whizzing in the street, getting thrown in jail for drunk and disorderly and I am sure many of you can name worse things than I can. (I am not saying this happens all the time or anything)

For what? A headache, in a state, no money, stinking of booze and about 6 hours of fun? To me It's not worth it, even it does go all swimmingly.

As you can probably all tell I am a little bit paranoid aswell as a few other things :D

perfetc_666.png

No, but I never asked for his opinion and there are better ways to go about it than:

Of course there are. I don't consider his post respectful either, but coming from someone who just said that everyone who drinks is an idiot, it doesn't hold much weight.

Also, what does asking for opinions have to do with anything? We're on a forum. People are going to speak their mind whether you ask for them or not.

Actually the chances of dieing on a rollercoster are incredibly slim, due to there nature of going fast at relatively high altitude they are tested and examined regularly to make sure there safe. They can't exactly let them fly round like that year after year hoping that they will be ok, especially with health and safety getting ever more silly.

Yes, and those risks are increased if you stand on them or put your arms and legs outside of the roller coaster. If you ride responsibly, there still might be a risk but much much smaller. The same can be said with responsible drinking.

I agree there are dangers everywere but being drunk isn't exactly helpping yourself avoid them.

I know, but neither is joining the football team. People risk things for fun all the time. Life isn't just about avoiding every risk that comes your way while giving up fun and it's not just about having fun while totally ignoring those risks. It should be a balance of both.

I'm sorry, who have I bashed? I have refrained myself from saying what I really think cos it is very harsh.

If you want to drink thats fine it's your body, you can do what you will with it.

From my view, everyone who drinks.

Being all nice and peaceful does not lead to a good discussion or debate, which is what I love to do.

Yes, it can when you're civil about it.

As far as I can remember I haven't insulted any body, I haven't made any body feel bad or at least I haven't tried to do either of those things. If I have, I am sorry.

Bashing in the sense, that you're saying negative things of people who drink. While at the same time appearing like you're ignorant in the subject.

When you're saying stuff like this:

I don't get the whole concept of drinking anyway, why do you get drunk? If you drink and not get drunk why choose alcohol? It tastes like crap!

Or

If people would become more mature, relise theres life outside a bottle and become more responsable then we could have a driving age and a drinking age at the same level but that will never happen cos it seems people lives revolve around this annoying liquid.

Or even

It causes so many problems mostly financial. How much does it cost you to get drunk? how much does it cost the NHS when fall over, get in a fight, get hit by a car or become an alcoholic? How much does it cost to put you in rehab? How much does it cost to bury you cos you got hit by a car? What about the psych problems of maybe being raped while your drunk? Theres all these things to consider but what the hell right its fun. (I know there unlikly to happen but they could).
Get it? I guess not. :wall:

No offence but you can't be that smart if you are willing to poison yourself for fun.
C'mon now. Seriously?

You make it hard for me not to think you all need alcohol to have fun, I live with 31 other people (I am the only person who doesn't drink) every Friday night till Monday morning EVERY BODY is drunk, I don't mean sometime theres a handful not drunk, all of them.

I walk into town and guess what it's full of drunks. I walk into the supermarket and there is usually more alcohol being put out cos so many people are buying it. There is always people in bus stops and parks getting drunk at night.

*faceplam* I bet they're drinking in the library too right? And it's a marketing strategy, while them also needing an adult for them to sell it by the way.

So when you see all that what else are you meant to think?

That you're not looking too hard enough. You're only looking for what you want to see.

(I can see this being another late nite)

I try to be civil but read whats been thrown at me aswell, its a bit biased since I am 1 of about 2 on this entire thread that doesn't drink.

Your an expert on drink cos you drink it?

I am not allowed to think it tastes like crap? Some people don't like somethings now they cannot voice there opinion on it? :?

People have alcohol with everything and people also over exaggerate (me saying peoples lives revolve around it, for example)

What is to get? It does cos alot and not just to buy the alcohol but to clean up the effects of it.

You convieniantly cut out of that quote were I said "I didn't mean for it to sound harsh." nicely done. =D>

"That you're not looking too hard enough"? If I see a group of people drinking in those places what else am I meant to see? Except a group of people drinking in them places?

Jesus, am I being attacked for not liking alcohol or what!

I bet if I asked, do you think you drink to much? It would be a resounding "no"

Can I ask how often do you all drink?

Last time I drunk was 1st of november 07. I plan on having an alcoholic drink on the 1st of november 09. ::'

perfetc_666.png

Offense is the best defense. I'm pretty sure we're all just defending drinking. Nobody is saying you're wrong for not drinking - just that you're wrong for looking down on people who drink.

Sorry, but thinking it tastes like crap is [cabbage].

There are a lot of different alcoholic drinks out there, each have different tastes, so unless you have tried every one, then don't come here with [cabbage] claims.

Oh, and I drink less than you, because I have yet to find one I actually enjoy. I don't plan on drinking, however, I am not going to call everyone who drinks idiots.

The reason I was so rude to you? People in my family drink, on occasion, they are willing putting it into their bodies, and you claim they are idiots. I am not some [bleep]in' scumbag chav. [wagon].

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Of course there are. I don't consider his post respectful either, but coming from someone who just said that everyone who drinks is an idiot, it doesn't hold much weight.

Also, what does asking for opinions have to do with anything? We're on a forum. People are going to speak their mind whether you ask for them or not.

Yes, and those risks are increased if you stand on them or put your arms and legs outside of the roller coaster. If you ride responsibly, there still might be a risk but much much smaller. The same can be said with responsible drinking.

I know, but neither is joining the football team. People risk things for fun all the time. Life isn't just about avoiding every risk that comes your way while giving up fun and it's not just about having fun while totally ignoring those risks. It should be a balance of both.

You ask for my opinion then complain when I give it to you, I can't win!

how many people drink responsably? Resposably is classed as 1 unit, binge drinking is classed as 3 pints! how many times have you or any body else said "right, I have had 1 beer I am not having another cos I want to drink responsably" You may drink 1 but you don't have another due to other reasons. How many of you have said after 3 beers "I can't drink any more cos I have already drunk more than I am allowed to in a week"

(1 beer is more than 1 unit, in the uk anyway).

There is a famous quote that I quite like "The only danger in life is taking to many precautions" I agree you only live once and live it as best you can, having as much fun as possible but there are other ways to do that than alcohol.

perfetc_666.png

I'm not complaining about you giving your opinion. I'm just giving mine, which doesn't agree with yours.

how many people drink responsably? Resposably is classed as 1 unit, binge drinking is classed as 3 pints! how many times have you or any body else said "right, I have had 1 beer I am not having another cos I want to drink responsably" You may drink 1 but you don't have another due to other reasons. How many of you have said after 3 beers "I can't drink any more cos I have already drunk more than I am allowed to in a week"

You can't measure alcohol consumption that universally. Everybody has different body types, tolerances, health problems, and alcohol comes in many different containers and has varying alcohol percentages. So there is no official definition of "responsible drinking". I would say that as long as you have self-control after drinking, don't drive, and don't do it everyday then you're a responsible drinker.

There is a famous quote that I quite like "The only danger in life is taking to many precautions" I agree you only live once and live it as best you can, having as much fun as possible but there are other ways to do that than alcohol.

And...? There are other ways to have fun than football, video games, skateboarding, and riding roller coasters too. What's your point?

Offense is the best defense. I'm pretty sure we're all just defending drinking. Nobody is saying you're wrong for not drinking - just that you're wrong for looking down on people who drink.

You think I should start calling people to win an argument about alcohol?

Sorry, but thinking it tastes like crap is [cabbage].

There are a lot of different alcoholic drinks out there, each have different tastes, so unless you have tried every one, then don't come here with [cabbage] claims.

Oh, and I drink less than you, because I have yet to find one I actually enjoy. I don't plan on drinking, however, I am not going to call everyone who drinks idiots.

The reason I was so rude to you? People in my family drink, on occasion, they are willing putting it into their bodies, and you claim they are idiots. I am not some [bleep]' scumbag chav. [wagon].

I hanv't drunk all of them your right but I have drunk guiness (which I quite like) fosters, carling etc etc etc vodka, cider/scrumpy. So dispite not drinking to the level alot of you do I have drunk a fair few alcoholic drinks and all of them with that 1 exception taste like crap. Sorry

Calling some body an idiot isn't exactly high up on the list of most offensive insults.

Like I said before some body asked my opinion so I wasn't going to patronize him and tell him anything other than the truth, mainly cos I didn't think he was going to break down and cry (not suggesting any body would).

As I have said before (which no body has quoted, I wonder why?) I have no problem having the occasional drink, it's meant to be good for your heart actually.

I looked down on people (as some body so nicely put it) who drink every weekend starting at friday 10 pm, who sit alone at home with a bottle or can, who go out drinking on a work night (especially when they have a family to support)

perfetc_666.png

Did you drink vodka straight? Cause that's the only time it tastes crap.

There's telling the truth, then there is being a jackass, you can tell the truth without insulting anyone.

There is no problem with drinking responsibly every weekend, it does no real damage, unless people go overboard.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

I'm not complaining about you giving your opinion. I'm just giving mine, which doesn't agree with yours.

You can't measure alcohol consumption that universally. Everybody has different body types, tolerances, health problems, and alcohol comes in many different containers and has varying alcohol percentages. So there is no official definition of "responsible drinking". I would say that as long as you have self-control after drinking, don't drive, and don't do it everyday then you're a responsible drinker.

And...? There are other ways to have fun than football, video games, skateboarding, and riding roller coasters too. What's your point?

Fair enough.

I never measured alcohol, some geeky bofins did, I am simply posting that info here.

My point is you can have fun the ways you listen and more without alcohol, so why buy alcohol? Couldn't that money serve a better purpose? Some body said before £12 for a 1ltr bottle of smirnoff or something, thats more than what I buy food with a week! Spent on something that will last 2 days? (not necessarily consecutively, of course)

perfetc_666.png

Did you drink vodka straight? Cause that's the only time it tastes crap.

There's telling the truth, then there is being a jackass, you can tell the truth without insulting anyone.

There is no problem with drinking responsibly every weekend, it does no real damage, unless people go overboard.

Not sure, some body handed it to me and when I said whats in it he said vodka, I am not sure what straight vodka tastes like so I couldn't tell you.

My point exactly, but how do you say I think its stupid without saying it is stupid? No matter how you dress it up your still saying the same thing but when you dress something up it becomes complex so I like to be blunt so every body knows were every body stands ::'

I don't try to offend but sometimes I do.

How many teens drink responsibly at the weekend? If they drink they will get wasted, by peer pressure or wanting to fit in or they enjoy it. Anyway you cut it they will get wasted.

I wonder how many pages I have been defending myself from this on slaught of pro alcohol people? :boohoo: :lol:

perfetc_666.png

I just had a thought, first 2 years drivers are most likely to get into an accident, so they're 18 when they are "competent" drivers.

And the police know people younger than 21 drink, so they drink and get drunk and test it all out before they can actually buy it.

So when they are legally allowed to drink/buy alcohol they're experienced enough to know what they're doing.

"Well why not 18?"

They are still in high school 16-18, no need to have kids testing it out while still in school and trying to graduate.

Here is an interesting article that I read today, that might be of relevance.

Article

Or, if you don't want to go off-site :

[hide=Alcohol link in 47% of murders]ALMOST half the homicides between 2000 and 2006 involved the consumption of alcohol, according to figures in a report.

A paper released by the Australian Institute of Criminology showed that of the 1565 murders recorded in that period, 746 or 47 per cent were classified as alcohol-related and, in 60 per cent of these incidents, the victim and offender had been drinking alcohol.

The Alcohol and Homicide in Australia paper drew on victim toxicology reports.

The institute's general manager (research), Dr Judy Putt, said eight of 10 homicides occurring in recreational venues were alcohol related and homicides on weekends or evenings were most likely to involve alcohol.

"Factors like gender, employment status, age, the relationship between victim and offender, as well as whether those involved were of indigenous backgrounds, affected the likelihood of alcohol being involved," Dr Putt said.

"Homicides involving male victims, unemployed victims and young offenders were also identified as most likely to have been alcohol related."

The paper also shows that 44 per cent of intimate partner homicides were alcohol related.

"The study found homicides where a male victim was killed by a female intimate partner were highly likely to be related to alcohol consumption (73 per cent), indicating that it is a more significant factor in intimate partner homicide than indicated by previous studies.

"Eighty-seven per cent of intimate partner homicides among the indigenous population were alcohol related, making it the highest proportion of alcohol-related homicide of all factors studied," Dr Putt said.[/hide]

I'm already running late for work so this'll be quick,

"binge drinking is classed as 3 pints!"

That's not binge drinking, that's just being over the limit. There is a difference.

"I wonder how many pages I have been defending myself from this on slaught of pro alcohol people?"

Do you know why that is? Because almost every point you make is completely ignorant and either biased or wrong.

And Sworddude made a good point about not all alcohol tasting nasty. You say you didn't like vodka - I agree, straight vodka tastes like crap, however when it's mixed with coke or orange juice or something it's actually quite nice.

Could go on but I have to dash.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Here is an interesting article that I read today, that might be of relevance.

Article

Or, if you don't want to go off-site :

[hide=Alcohol link in 47% of murders]ALMOST half the homicides between 2000 and 2006 involved the consumption of alcohol, according to figures in a report.

A paper released by the Australian Institute of Criminology showed that of the 1565 murders recorded in that period, 746 or 47 per cent were classified as alcohol-related and, in 60 per cent of these incidents, the victim and offender had been drinking alcohol.

The Alcohol and Homicide in Australia paper drew on victim toxicology reports.

The institute's general manager (research), Dr Judy Putt, said eight of 10 homicides occurring in recreational venues were alcohol related and homicides on weekends or evenings were most likely to involve alcohol.

"Factors like gender, employment status, age, the relationship between victim and offender, as well as whether those involved were of indigenous backgrounds, affected the likelihood of alcohol being involved," Dr Putt said.

"Homicides involving male victims, unemployed victims and young offenders were also identified as most likely to have been alcohol related."

The paper also shows that 44 per cent of intimate partner homicides were alcohol related.

"The study found homicides where a male victim was killed by a female intimate partner were highly likely to be related to alcohol consumption (73 per cent), indicating that it is a more significant factor in intimate partner homicide than indicated by previous studies.

"Eighty-seven per cent of intimate partner homicides among the indigenous population were alcohol related, making it the highest proportion of alcohol-related homicide of all factors studied," Dr Putt said.[/hide]

It's Aus, what do you expect? I don't know any teens outside of my immediate family who haven't been drunk on several weekends, all underaged.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!