Mod Mark's Statement About Dragon Claws

For the past weeks, price manipulators (merchant clan, I believe) trolled the RSOF and said that dragon claws were going to be nerfed soon, which caused some panic within the market for dragon claws. People started to dump their claws into the Grand Exchange and caused a massive crash. People were selling their claws for millions worth of junk in a desperate move to sell their claws before they were "nerfed". When the claws bottomed out, the merchants then made their move and bought out as many claws as they could and caused a massive price rise, which resulted in profit for them.

Anyway, one player that has been part of this scheme from the beginning made a post on the RSOF again, this time stating that claws were being nerfed. This time, there was another crash, but not as large as the previous one. Anyway, on the manipulator's thread, Mod Mark locked the thread and made the following comment:

dclawmod.png

The following message was made by the manipulator, which is also the typical rumor that was spread throughout RSOF about a future nerf. They even went as far as spreading this rumor in Mod MMG's clan chat.

Hi today i was on mod mmg clan chat and they said that their going to raise the d claw spec to 55%-65% which means d claws going to be nerfed about time

and this update might be updated when mb comes out =]

and mb is comming out in weeks so d claws going to be nerfed in weeks !

no wounder d claw dropped 1.6mil lol gf d claw's.

They also said their going to give a d claw new stats so it doesnt drop too badly from 34mil- 30k

When I read Mod Mark's post, it proved that these rumors were untrue. It also proved that Jagex currently didn't have any plans to nerf a weapon that is presumed by many players as being "overpowered". Judging from the nature of the post, do you believe that the merchant clans involved in this ordeal will be hurt by this J-Mod's statement, or do you think that they'll still be able to fool gullible players into panicking over this item? Do you think that Jagex will start making coercive moves against manipulation clans?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Goddamn price manipulators. I really, really wish Jagex would ban everyone who tries to start rumors like this. They also really need to delete the marketplace forums, as the only purpose they serve is for [manipulators] to control the market using [junk trading and] fake offers.

td2sig.jpg

I'm happy as long as they stay at around 30M... with my luck they've been by far the best moneymaking method ever... way more profitable than 26king even lol

they don't need to be nerfed... a phoenix necklace grants 100% immunity to the special attack, and the people who are using them are risking 30M while doing it (even though a lot of people just hit-and-run because they don't have any cojones or pk'ing skills)

77yLQy8.png

It's one thing to merchant respectfully. It's another to manipulate prices. It's another to completely lie to the entire RS community to help manipulate the price.

Just sounds evil to me. But usually evil comes with intellect. What can I say? It was a smart idea, just not the right thing to do.

EDIT: How does the Phoenix Necklace give immunity? Ok sure it'll heal you after the first spec, but then it breaks and you're live bait for the second spec.

It's one thing to merchant respectfully. It's another to manipulate prices. It's another to completely lie to the entire RS community to help manipulate the price.

Just sounds evil to me. But usually evil comes with intellect. What can I say? It was a smart idea, just not the right thing to do.

EDIT: How does the Phoenix Necklace give immunity? Ok sure it'll heal you after the first spec, but then it breaks and you're live bait for the second spec.

that's why I keep 2-3 extras in my bag, lol

the phoenix necklace literally nerfs special attacks... I had 13hp and had a friend dark bow spec me w/ drag arrows (minimum hit of 8-8)... it hit 8-0 and restored me to 34hp

had another friend use a claw spec on me when I had 15hp... the ordinary minimum hit of a claw spec is 0-1. he hit a plain 0, and I went up to 44hp

another time, I was maging my friend who was ranging w/ dfire bolts. I had like 35hp and he hit a 57 (somehow?) with dfire. I didn't die and went up to like 45hp :-s

I'd always used them while PK'ing the past cuz I knew they were useful, but never THAT useful. I was wondering if they made you completely immune to being killed, period. I bought 1k necklaces and went out pk'ing with a full inventory of them... sadly, I was wrong :P nevertheless, they do increase your chance of enduring attacks like dark bow and drag claw specs SIGNIFICANTLY

77yLQy8.png

the phoenix necklace literally nerfs special attacks... I had 13hp and had a friend dark bow spec me w/ drag arrows (minimum hit of 8-8)... it hit 8-0 and restored me to 34hp

had another friend use a claw spec on me when I had 15hp... the ordinary minimum hit of a claw spec is 0-1. he hit a plain 0, and I went up to 44hp

I'd always used them while PK'ing the past cuz I knew they were useful, but never THAT useful. I was wondering if they made you 100% to being killed, period. I bought 1k necklaces and went out pk'ing with a full inventory of them... sadly, I was wrong :P nevertheless, they do increase your chance of enduring attacks like dark bow and drag claw specs SIGNIFICANTLY

I thought the Dark Bow spec couldn't miss?

That's actually a great idea, but you're completely relying on the second spec not hitting too high. So it isn't 100%, but it's nice coverage.

Unless...it heals you in the middle of the spec?

I suppose Redemption prayer can help as well?

Usually it takes two specs to kill with d claws, as long as you're wearing semi-decent armor with semi-decent defense. At least, I'd assume so, though I don't pk.

Ot:Wouldn't that cause the price to drop rather than rise, though? Panic selling=people selling for min=price dropping=loss for manipulators. Which would be counter-productive to a manipulators plans. I'm confused.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I'd always used them while PK'ing the past cuz I knew they were useful, but never THAT useful. I was wondering if they made you 100% to being killed, period. I bought 1k necklaces and went out pk'ing with a full inventory of them... sadly, I was wrong :P nevertheless, they do increase your chance of enduring attacks like dark bow and drag claw specs SIGNIFICANTLY

That's actually a great idea, but you're completely relying on the second spec not hitting too high. So it isn't 100%, but it's nice coverage.

It heals you at the same time the spec damage is calculated... like I said, I keep extras in my bag so as soon as one disintegrates, I immediately slap on another

77yLQy8.png

Usually it takes two specs to kill with d claws, as long as you're wearing semi-decent armor with semi-decent defense. At least, I'd assume so, though I don't pk.

But what I'm saying is that, while it'll heal you. you're still in KO range, so it's not a 100% immunity if you carry 2 phoenix necklaces, it's just raising your chances of surviving. You can still die from 2 d claw specs, it's just less likely.

I have to say though, it's a great idea. I never thought to use them in PvP.

But what I'm saying is that, while it'll heal you. you're still in KO range, so it's not a 100% immunity if you carry 2 phoenix necklaces, it's just raising your chances of surviving. You can still die from 2 d claw specs, it's just less likely.

I have to say though, it's a great idea. I never thought to use them in PvP.

well at the same time, I've always got an emergency brew drink on between specs...

pretend he miraculously gets me down to 1hp when the necklace activates...

all in one turn: necklace activates (+29hp), I equip another necklace, I eat a shark (+20hp), and drink a brew dose (+16hp)

so in one turn I went from 1hp to 66hp, ready for another spec :P

77yLQy8.png

Dark bow minimum is 8-8 with d arrows and 5-5 with other arrows. Not sure why it negated the last special but I never realy test it. The necklaces heal you when you hit under 20% HP so combined with ring of life it's very hard to get two specialed.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Ot:Wouldn't that cause the price to drop rather than rise, though? Panic selling=people selling for min=price dropping=loss for manipulators. Which would be counter-productive to a manipulators plans. I'm confused.

they caused the claws to crash so that they could get them at the lowest possible price, then buy them all out at the crash price, forcing them back up. the cheaper they get them at the start, them more money they can make

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

IMO these idiots should all recieve a minimum of 3 months ban (not from forums, from game). The proof is right there, no lack of evidence since they did it right under Jagex's nose.

Also, who wears phoenix necklace while PKing? They give almost no combat bonuses. Glory is cheap and provides enourmous boosts for it's price. I suppose if you were training agility with brawlers or something similar phoenix would be alright, but I don't see the point for PKing.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

IMO these idiots should all recieve a minimum of 3 months ban (not from forums, from game). The proof is right there, no lack of evidence since they did it right under Jagex's nose.

Also, who wears phoenix necklace while PKing? They give almost no combat bonuses. Glory is cheap and provides enourmous boosts for it's price. I suppose if you were training agility with brawlers or something similar phoenix would be alright, but I don't see the point for PKing.

or getting ep.the most common weapon for killing ep'ers is claws.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

It's mainly used by EP farmers and skills :P

or getting ep.the most common weapon for killing ep'ers is claws.

Pretty tough to kill EPers these days, most have a spear and a ring of life so even if they were afk they have a good chance of being in edgeville with poison cured and if they weren't afk then they hear/see the spear hit quickpray with melee+pro item, die and lose almost nothing.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Dark bow minimum is 8-8 with d arrows and 5-5 with other arrows. Not sure why it negated the last special but I never realy test it. The necklaces heal you when you hit under 20% HP so combined with ring of life it's very hard to get two specialed.

It's really only good against special attacks which place multiple hits on you at once. I was fighting a guy who used a dds spec on me earlier... he hit a 17 on me. Not a 17-0, just a plain 17 haha. Though, it's still very easy to get KO'd by normal whip/GS hits since they're "normal"

77yLQy8.png

It's really only good against special attacks which place multiple hits on you at once. I was fighting a guy who used a dds spec on me earlier... he hit a 17 on me. Not a 17-0, just a plain 17 haha. Though, it's still very easy to get KO'd by normal whip/GS hits since they're "normal"

Ooo I guess it doesn't show the 2nd hit. Do you know if it counts the damage or is the 2nd hit totally negated?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

Ooo I guess it doesn't show the 2nd hit. Do you know if it counts the damage or is the 2nd hit totally negated?

Negated.

77yLQy8.png

RuneScape Forums are full of morons they'll believe anything you tell them. Of course they'll be tricked again, over and over and over.

Which is why I have been advocating removal of the marketplace forums on the RSOF since the GE came out. I saw that this kind of merchanting would occur, but Jagex are too dimwitted to see that. Hell, they were too dimwitted to even see that FLOODING THE MARKET WITH GP CAUSES INFLATION! :wall:

Removing the marketplace forums will not stop merchants, but it will make their jobs much more difficult.

td2sig.jpg

RuneScape Forums are full of morons they'll believe anything you tell them. Of course they'll be tricked again, over and over and over.

Which is why I have been advocating removal of the marketplace forums on the RSOF since the GE came out. I saw that this kind of merchanting would occur, but Jagex are too dimwitted to see that. Hell, they were too dimwitted to even see that FLOODING THE MARKET WITH GP CAUSES INFLATION! :wall:

Removing the marketplace forums will not stop merchants, but it will make their jobs much more difficult.

I find the marketplace forums extremely useful and after awhile you know who is out there to manipulate and who is serious.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png