Fruit tree patches not maturing.

joke33

I planted some fruit trees yesterday quite late and today after 15 hours thought I should check them but they aren't grown yet. Now it's over 19 hours past I planted them and still no check-health option available. Is it a bug or should I wait some more?

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

you should just wait some more because different trees have different growing times.

if it goes onto like 3 days without the option then send a bug report or something.

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

I'm not sure what causes the different growth rates, but I'm pretty sure it's that you missed a growth cycle with bad plant timing. Or it could be that your plant became diseased and your farmer cured it, thus making you lose a growth cycle. Either way, just wait.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Actually...I noticed the same thing...it's not that they're not completing their cycles...last night I had a papaya tree at mid-growth stage and it hasn't changed in appearance even...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

ive had curry trees go for like 15 hours in th same stage b4 it really annoyed me

paying farmers is a waste unless the seed is really expensive tbh

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Actually...I noticed the same thing...it's not that they're not completing their cycles...last night I had a papaya tree at mid-growth stage and it hasn't changed in appearance even...

Did you pay your farmer to look after it?

Yes...I've never had the problem with time that this one is having. I wouldn't have thought anything other than it was constantly getting diseased, but someone else noticed it, too...so i thought maybe it was an epidemic...

295/303 Quest Points

Yes...I've never had the problem with time that this one is having. I wouldn't have thought anything other than it was constantly getting diseased, but someone else noticed it, too...so i thought maybe it was an epidemic...

When you pay a farmer, it's not that it can't get diseased, but that if it did, the farmer cures it but it takes a growth cycle away.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

When you pay a farmer, it's not that it can't get diseased, but that if it did, the farmer cures it but it takes a growth cycle away.

I know...I'm not new to farming and I've stated as much in past posts.

My point is...this is the worst I've ever seen it. It's been 20 hours for a 14 1/2 hour plant.

295/303 Quest Points

If the tree becomes diseased while under the farmer's care, it still grows slowly. It's aggravating.

However, I don't believe this is the case. Sometimes, they just don't grow. I've have fruit trees that didn't grow after 24 hours, and it isn't just one of them at a time, no it's all 5 or 4 of them at a time. I think it's a bug, tbh. The same thing happens to herbs sometimes, which proves my point. After HOURS, sometimes herbs still aren't finished. They can't be protected, and they weren't diseased, and their supposed to grow in just 75 minutes.

I'd say there's a growing bug going around, but meh, it's not such a big deal, since it only happens once every so often.

If the tree becomes diseased while under the farmer's care, it still grows slowly. It's aggravating.

However, I don't believe this is the case. Sometimes, they just don't grow. I've have fruit trees that didn't grow after 24 hours, and it isn't just one of them at a time, no it's all 5 or 4 of them at a time. I think it's a bug, tbh. The same thing happens to herbs sometimes, which proves my point. After HOURS, sometimes herbs still aren't finished. They can't be protected, and they weren't diseased, and their supposed to grow in just 75 minutes.

I'd say there's a growing bug going around, but meh, it's not such a big deal, since it only happens once every so often.

This makes me feel a little better. I still hasn't grown. Like you, I suspect it's a bug, probably a randomly inserted one with recent or upcoming changes.

I'm also seeing a drastic reduction in my herbs output. I (once upon a time) could get up to 10 herbs from a single seed (if I was lucky), but now it seems like my high level herbs are all only giving out five herbs and MAYBE if I'm lucky 6.

I don't know what's going on...and if it were only one thing, I'd just chalk it up to some bad luck, but I kind of "set my watch" to the timers and only now-and-then have had to wait for a plant that I've paid to watch to grow. I know that farmers only protect from disease and that they still lose a cycle of growth, but like I mentioned, it seems like it's losing the same cycle over and over.

295/303 Quest Points

I'm pretty sure the same thing happens in brewing, it once took me 4 days for my greenmans ale to finish fermenting. This is when the usual cycle takes just about 24hrs. (And noone was paid to remove diseases... as it's impossible)

put him in jail

Then i'll just wait for him to drop the e-soap

Sometimes they take a really long time, the fastest they can be grown is 14.6 hours. While I was getting 99 farming this happened to me quite a bit. At one point some trees were taking 30 hours to finish :x

Just use super compost and pay the farmers and they usually won't take so long

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Sometimes they take a really long time, the fastest they can be grown is 14.6 hours. While I was getting 99 farming this happened to me quite a bit. At one point some trees were taking 30 hours to finish :x

Usually isn't the problem. Usually, the delays are minor. Lately - recently, that is - it's taking a VERY long time.

I ALWAYS use supercompost and pay the farmer.

(I'm not even the OP!)

295/303 Quest Points

This makes me feel a little better. I still hasn't grown. Like you, I suspect it's a bug, probably a randomly inserted one with recent or upcoming changes.

I'm also seeing a drastic reduction in my herbs output. I (once upon a time) could get up to 10 herbs from a single seed (if I was lucky), but now it seems like my high level herbs are all only giving out five herbs and MAYBE if I'm lucky 6.

I don't know what's going on...and if it were only one thing, I'd just chalk it up to some bad luck, but I kind of "set my watch" to the timers and only now-and-then have had to wait for a plant that I've paid to watch to grow. I know that farmers only protect from disease and that they still lose a cycle of growth, but like I mentioned, it seems like it's losing the same cycle over and over.

If it is a bug, it can't be recent. I've had this problem for months if not years.

Usually isn't the problem. Usually, the delays are minor. Lately - recently, that is - it's taking a VERY long time.

It's just your luck. I've been farming fruit trees every 24 hours since September, and the slow growing plants have been happening since the beginning. Actually right now I'm doing quite well, haven't had one take over 24 hours in about 2 weeks now.

As far as I know, it's just something you have to put up with as a farmer. That's why I do fruit trees every 24 hours instead of 15, as I rarely find them ready after the minimum time.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009