District-9 Symbolism?

Dizzle229

From the trailer I watched I got the impression that there is obviously something happening behind the scenes in district-9. Something that the aliens are doing.

Kinky alien sex?

Lets hope not cause that would make for one bad movie.

tFtfA.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really recommend this movie to everyone. I've seen a lot of action movies this summer, and hands down, this is the movie of the summer. Maybe even the year. I loved District 9 on so many levels.

And no, you don't need to watch district 1-8 beforehand to follow along. :P

Gah fail :wall:

When I made this thread all I had to go on was posters on bus seats. Now that proper commercials are coming on thats what the movie is ABOUT.

Thread can die nao.

I saw the trailer for this movie was all the way back in February and it has been available since then. You can tell viral advertising works though because most people have found out about it in the past few weeks when sites like digg started to have news about it.

the viral advertising started as far back as last year's Comic Con.

people didn't know whether it was a movie or ARG or what - no one knew what to make of the posters/signs.

160vy.png

From the trailer I watched I got the impression that there is obviously something happening behind the scenes in district-9. Something that the aliens are doing.

Kinky alien sex?

Just got back from seeing it and this is slightly, ironic...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

people didn't know whether it was a movie or ARG or what - no one knew what to make of the posters/signs.

Yeah, but it never hit the social media sites until a few weeks ago. Digg had 4 articles about it make the front page just yesterday.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I didn't think the movie was all that great. I was disappointed with a lot of things.

Kinky alien sex?

Just got back from seeing it and this is slightly, ironic...

No joke.. -.-

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah, but it never hit the social media sites until a few weeks ago. Digg had 4 articles about it make the front page just yesterday.

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/view ... hp?t=26303 :thumbup:

^ this was the first topic where i first heard mention of District 9

i thought i'd seen it mentioned on Digg/etc last year as well, but i couldn't find the link i was thinking of.

160vy.png

From a trailer I've seen of it in a movie theatre, an laien ship lands somewhere on Earth and gets captured, along with the insectoid aliens. The aliens want to get home, but because the humans control their ship, they can't do that. Then there's a none too subtle implication of a revolt among the aliens stuck on Earth.

We don't control the ship, they just don't have any fuel for it.

In my opinion, though, it was a bad movie. It barely kept my interest.

Wow, it's at 26 on IMBD Top 250.

Probably go the same way as TDK.

Yeah, it will probably drop tons.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Wow, it's at 26 on IMBD Top 250.

Probably go the same way as TDK.

The imdb list is ridiculous though, it over-emphases newer titles.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I loved the movie, but it shouldn't be on the top list. I think that some people need to either see it again or re-think its message in order for it to be seen as good to them. It really has a brilliant plot.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Top Rated "Sci-Fi" Titles

Rank Rating Title Votes

1. 8.8 Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 245,501

2. 8.8 District 9 (2009) 12,011

3. 8.8 Star Wars (1977) 288,156

4. 8.6 The Matrix (1999) 333,142

5. 8.5 WALL·E (2008) 141,935

6. 8.5 Alien (1979) 156,280

7. 8.5 Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) 204,027

8. 8.4 Aliens (1986) 148,032

9. 8.4 Metropolis (1927) 33,662

10. 8.4 The Prestige (2006) 167,734

It keeps switching places. But the list is [bleep]ed up, V for Vendetta at 21 :lol: .

keen.png

Saw it today, definatly one of the best films ive seen for a long while. The main guy Wikus was superb. The ending was brilliant, hope that what the ending implied isn't true and was just something throw you off.

In my opinion, though, it was a bad movie. It barely kept my interest.

Really? I found it to be extremely gripping all the way through, unlike most movies i actually cared what happened to the protagonist.

keen.png

I feel like everyone whose seen it has either hated it or loved it. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with District-9. I personally didn't like it because for the most part a lot of what happens in the film doesn't seem logical and the ending was not fulfilling enough for me.

tFtfA.jpg

I feel like everyone whose seen it has either hated it or loved it. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with District-9. I personally didn't like it because for the most part a lot of what happens in the film doesn't seem logical and the ending was not fulfilling enough for me.

[hide=Spoiler Potential]Like spaceship fuel turning a human into an alien over the course of about a week?[/hide]

It was holes like that which bothered me most, but overall I liked the movie.