Tip.It Times: 12 July 2009 - Addressing the Anti-Hack Key

n_odie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Secruity Key can be of some use, B U T with the extra bank space i vote no for it. :shame: If it was available to A L L players p2p and f2p bank space would be :thumbsup: It's all a matter of opinions too.

--

:twss: =P~ :twss:

The Secruity Key can be of some use, B U T with the extra bank space i vote no for it. :shame: If it was available to A L L players p2p and f2p bank space would be :thumbsup: It's all a matter of opinions too.

--

:twss: =P~ :twss:

It...Is available to all players?..

Zerker_jane.png

Well this is the last I'm reading the tipit times, JaGeX hasn't lost its touch, or lost it's ability to connect with the players. People that post such erroneous claims as this article have lost touch with JaGeX. Before you go and slam everything JaGeX does before it's even done, do a bit of research.

You claim you won't be able to play at work because it's a USB device, your gravely mistaken.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?15,16,824,59150300,goto,2

Mod Andrew stated it's not USB. Funny I thought people from IT knew what a USB device was, guess I'm wrong. Also weren't you taught to verify your information? When I was taught how to facet my teacher taught me something very important 'Verify, Verify, Verify' it's simple and it applies to everything.

You also state that bullies can steal your key and then your password. If you believe this would really happen, DON"T BRING YOUR KEY TO SCHOOL, or don't buy they key! Bullies aren't going to kick the door down in your house, mug you, then run off with your key.

JaGeX offering extra bank space shouldn't be frowned at either, it's essentially a one time pay membership benefit. Where as a godsword from the JaGeX shop, if lost, was just that. You don't think JaGeX has a plan for a lost key? They would have too, and I have complete faith in them that they do. They said they were in it for the long run, a member who lost a key obviously would stop playing, and the key's cost JaGeX money, so I'm sure they will have a way to recover.

You say how Blizzard can restore lost money, can a Java based game do this without a complete reset? I don't know, but if they started to do so, it would not be fair to those that lost items or money in the past. If Blizzard is such a great game creator why do you play Runescape? Pessimism is the plaque of runescape, and personally I wouldn't miss you in the least. Instead of looking at the past, why not the future? JaGeX does not want to ruin it's game, it is there lifeline, any update they make has long term goals, that WE, not JaGeX, are often blind or ignorant too. Mobilizing Armies is a boring minigame to me, but the fact you HAVE to pay with items that never sell in the ge, helps stabilize the gaming economy. People cry with every change to PVP "OMG JaGeX killed the economy!!" Are you forgetting the year we didn't have PVP at all? The game didn't die then. PVP tricker's have no right to complain about merchers I should add. You are gaining money in just as easy of a fashion as a mercher. Except you risk far less then a mercher. If anything a tricker is worse then a mercher. That being said I admit that I have tricked before, I'm too lazy to do it however, so I only made about 400k. So I'm not preaching about something I've never done.

You claim that this violates what JaGeX Promises, did you read the terms of service when you made your account? This is THEIR GAME! They hold the right to your account no matter what you do, buy, say, donate, whatever. Constructive criticism is fine and dandy, but we have just become a group of complainers. I admit I've complained as well, the new icons, hp bar, the new font. I'm glad they changed the font, but after a week of the new Icons, I no longer mind them, I no longer mind the hp bar either. The note's I never use, but I can see how they are handy.

The truth is JaGeX has lost it's support, not it's spirit. When millions of players take more time destroying what they built, instead of trying to adapt, who is really to blame?

Creator of the Toy Penguin army! Penguin Army Goal: 397/2000 Toy Penguins

f730aecae1.png

"The Secruity Key can be of some use, B U T with the extra bank space i vote no for it. :shame: If it was available to A L L players p2p and f2p bank space would be :thumbsup: It's all a matter of opinions too."

It is available to everyone. Extra bankspace is a wonderful addition, even though I voted nay too it. I thought $20 without bank space was enough for me, obviously many disagreed. However lets look at the future, after say, you got the device. Your playing the game and noticed "Hey I only have 3 day's of membership left and I can't afford to get another moth yet" with the added bankspace you wouldn't have to drop as much item's as your normally would have to continue using the bank.

Personally I think that the bank space increase would bump f2p banks to the size of members, and members up even higher. Right now this seems too much, but my bank is slowly filling, it's about 279 right now, about 100 higher then 5 months ago. The reason? Quest's, new items, you name it! YOu must remember we have a new skill coming up (crosses fingers and hopes for sailing and not enchanting) which would add so many more items to many already bulging banks.

----------------------------------------------------

On the skill note I have a bit of info:

It's SUPPOSED to be f2p as well as members, so as much as it pains me, sailing may very well be out.

The new skill is SUPPOSED to be combat related, I'm excited about that *rolls eyes*

------------------------------------------------------

Skill Rumors

Sailing is the longest, oldest, and ONLY popular skill you see in forums. No others have lasted as long with support.

Enchanting is a recent idea, that I hate, but seem's disgustingly possible. I believe if enchanting would happen, it would defeat the purpose of specials, which would ultimately allow JaGeX to 'change' D-Claws without as much attention. (Just a theory if it would happen, don't go selling D-Claws over a little theory people =\ )

Dragon Riding, a new skill idea that got support uber fast, will NEVER happen. JaGeX stated there would never be horses, dragons would be even harder to work with.

Elemental Crafting, an older idea that remerges occasionally under different names. Basically summoning lightning, ice, you name it, to help in combat. Personally I believe this would be better recommended as a new spell book, not a skill.

Creator of the Toy Penguin army! Penguin Army Goal: 397/2000 Toy Penguins

f730aecae1.png

[hide=Apv301]

Well this is the last I'm reading the tipit times, JaGeX hasn't lost its touch, or lost it's ability to connect with the players. People that post such erroneous claims as this article have lost touch with JaGeX. Before you go and slam everything JaGeX does before it's even done, do a bit of research.

You claim you won't be able to play at work because it's a USB device, your gravely mistaken.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?15,16,824,59150300,goto,2

Mod Andrew stated it's not USB. Funny I thought people from IT knew what a USB device was, guess I'm wrong. Also weren't you taught to verify your information? When I was taught how to facet my teacher taught me something very important 'Verify, Verify, Verify' it's simple and it applies to everything.

You also state that bullies can steal your key and then your password. If you believe this would really happen, DON"T BRING YOUR KEY TO SCHOOL, or don't buy they key! Bullies aren't going to kick the door down in your house, mug you, then run off with your key.

JaGeX offering extra bank space shouldn't be frowned at either, it's essentially a one time pay membership benefit. Where as a godsword from the JaGeX shop, if lost, was just that. You don't think JaGeX has a plan for a lost key? They would have too, and I have complete faith in them that they do. They said they were in it for the long run, a member who lost a key obviously would stop playing, and the key's cost JaGeX money, so I'm sure they will have a way to recover.

You say how Blizzard can restore lost money, can a Java based game do this without a complete reset? I don't know, but if they started to do so, it would not be fair to those that lost items or money in the past. If Blizzard is such a great game creator why do you play Runescape? Pessimism is the plaque of runescape, and personally I wouldn't miss you in the least. Instead of looking at the past, why not the future? JaGeX does not want to ruin it's game, it is there lifeline, any update they make has long term goals, that WE, not JaGeX, are often blind or ignorant too. Mobilizing Armies is a boring minigame to me, but the fact you HAVE to pay with items that never sell in the ge, helps stabilize the gaming economy. People cry with every change to PVP "OMG JaGeX killed the economy!!" Are you forgetting the year we didn't have PVP at all? The game didn't die then. PVP tricker's have no right to complain about merchers I should add. You are gaining money in just as easy of a fashion as a mercher. Except you risk far less then a mercher. If anything a tricker is worse then a mercher. That being said I admit that I have tricked before, I'm too lazy to do it however, so I only made about 400k. So I'm not preaching about something I've never done.

You claim that this violates what JaGeX Promises, did you read the terms of service when you made your account? This is THEIR GAME! They hold the right to your account no matter what you do, buy, say, donate, whatever. Constructive criticism is fine and dandy, but we have just become a group of complainers. I admit I've complained as well, the new icons, hp bar, the new font. I'm glad they changed the font, but after a week of the new Icons, I no longer mind them, I no longer mind the hp bar either. The note's I never use, but I can see how they are handy.

The truth is JaGeX has lost it's support, not it's spirit. When millions of players take more time destroying what they built, instead of trying to adapt, who is really to blame?

[/hide]

I agreed with, well, everything you just said.

You did a nice job frying basically all of the arguments of opponents of the key.

It didn't use to be like this. The masses didn't complain about every little nitpick and dub it 'JaGEx fails again!'...

And they still don't because they can't use correct grammar like that.

2dgucz6.png

I don't see how it's fair comparing JaGex to Blizzard. after all, how many games did Blizz create before WoW? Like ~3 in the warcraft series, couple in Starcraft...they have alot more money to put into supporting WoW..... Before Runescape....was...Runescape classic.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

In response to the Inflation article, I would like to respectfully disagree. Any skiller who purchases their raw materials will be adversely affected. Severely affected in some cases.

I am currently trying to amass enough money to purchase dragon bones to reach 99 prayer. In the past 180 days the cost of dragon bones has risen 54% This raises my cost from 90M to 135M. How does this not affect me? If you are a fighter, you may not care. I care.

I don't see how it's fair comparing JaGex to Blizzard. after all, how many games did Blizz create before WoW? Like ~3 in the warcraft series, couple in Starcraft...they have alot more money to put into supporting WoW..... Before Runescape....was...Runescape classic.

The expansion packs aren't their own games outright. They're basically upgrades to the same game. As far as I know, Blizzard has three online games: WoW, Starcraft, and Diablo.

Also, I don't understand why nobody is allowed to make any comparisons between Jagex and Blizzard. They both make extremely popular MMOs. What should we be comparing it to? What would be fair in your opinion? The Blizzard comparison is to use something everybody is familiar with. Yes, Blizzard may bring in more money, but they also have a larger base of customers. Also, I'd be surprised not to see a good deal of that extra money being spent on advertising.

Constructive criticism is fine and dandy, but we have just become a group of complainers. I admit I've complained as well, the new icons, hp bar, the new font. I'm glad they changed the font, but after a week of the new Icons, I no longer mind them, I no longer mind the hp bar either. The note's I never use, but I can see how they are handy.

I'm not sure I understand slamming the author and pointing out how we are all just a bunch of complainers, when you concluded in your response that you are no better than the rest of us. I don't understand why it is valid to complain about small graphical changes like the hp bar, but not about selling extra bank space for security when that contradicts what the company itself, not us, set as their ethical standards.

rssig2.png