LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

you might want to update this guide again to include the new obsidian shield which gives the same defense as the granite, but with 5 strength bonus.

Okay, that would make it the best range shield in the game. You got my interest.

Whats the range defense stats, and more importantly.... where does it come from? lol

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karil was easy to mage before the update too, just to let u know.

You think? I sure had a rough time darting him, for sure. Magic is only 90, maybe yours was higher.

He would fizzle me alot and would keep the damage really low. I had better luck using the whip on that guy. Of course it didn't matter much, because he rarely connected.

He sure does now, though doesn't he. Hehe. I actually had fun with the new dude. It was more challenging and was something to experiment with.

And I was having the most amazing luck. I think they've improved the drop rates as almost every brother dropped something this time. Very few 500ish gp drops. One trip I got the helm, bloods, deaths, minds, and 2 sets of chaos. No gp. *gasp*

You can tell what they dropped by the numbers.

1 drop of bloods = 40ish

1 drop of deaths =80ish

1 drop of choas = 160ish

1 drop of minds = 300ish

1 drop of gp's = 500ish

Dont' be jealous now, as this is the best run I've ever had.

10 trips

Guthan helm

Karil skirt

Ahrims top

I was having fun. :) I think I'm hooked again.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

you might want to update this guide again to include the new obsidian shield which gives the same defense as the granite, but with 5 strength bonus.

Okay, that would make it the best range shield in the game. You got my interest.

Whats the range defense stats, and more importantly.... where does it come from? lol

The new shield which is called the "Toktz-ket-xil" has the exact same stats as the granite shield, only difference being the +5 strength, I have both and compared them. I'll write out the exact stats for you, though.

Att:

Stab: +0

Slash: +0

Crush: +0

Magic: -12

Range: -8

Def:

Stab: +40

Slash: +42

Crush: +38

Magic: +0

Range: +65

Strength: +5

Prayer: +0

And if you have a teleport crystal, it drops you off near the entrance to the town of Lletya. Run east a few steps into the room with Arianwyn and in the room to the north is a ladder. Up the ladder and right to the south is the prayer alter. This teleport only takes up once space and is a 1 click like the ectophial, however unlike Lumbridge, there is a bank in the town as well. Like I mentioned, get one slayer task of elves and you will get more than enough tiny elf crystals to enchant (each giving 3 teleports) to make it worth it.

That's the method I might use when I start to do barrows. Almost at 55 Slayer, so once I reach it I'll give the barrows a try for myself.

Karil was easy to mage before the update too, just to let u know.

You think? I sure had a rough time darting him, for sure. Magic is only 90, maybe yours was higher.

He would fizzle me alot and would keep the damage really low. I had better luck using the whip on that guy. Of course it didn't matter much, because he rarely connected.

He sure does now, though doesn't he. Hehe. I actually had fun with the new dude. It was more challenging and was something to experiment with.

And I was having the most amazing luck. I think they've improved the drop rates as almost every brother dropped something this time. Very few 500ish gp drops. One trip I got the helm, bloods, deaths, minds, and 2 sets of chaos. No gp. *gasp*

You can tell what they dropped by the numbers.

1 drop of bloods = 40ish

1 drop of deaths =80ish

1 drop of choas = 160ish

1 drop of minds = 300ish

1 drop of gp's = 500ish

Dont' be jealous now, as this is the best run I've ever had.

10 trips

Guthan helm

Karil skirt

Ahrims top

I was having fun. :) I think I'm hooked again.

My magic level was like 85 before the update and i hit the occasional 18 on him.

Would I gain runes If I used ice rush( or some other low lvl spell ancients)

Not really, the antique magicks are pretty costly on runes. The reason why magic dart saves you so many runes is because it hits for 19 at 90-mage, and only uses 1 death and a bunch of mind runes.

If you use the lower level magick spells you'll still get your blood piles. The rush spell doesn't use bloods does it? If I remember all those spells require death runes though, so you'll chew through em.

You would gain runes, yes, but you won't be able to sustain your maging from the chest... you're gonna have to bring your own death runes.

Antique Magick user, I am not. So flame me if I'm wrong, please.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Well, I finally got around to doing the barrows tonight. Went through it twice and only killed 5 of the brothers the second time. Inside the chest I found Ahrims Robeskirt. So... I doubt I'll be finding anything else other than runes any time soon, lol.

Heck no, I disagree. One thing I've noticed, is that the Barrows is streaky. You either go for countless trips with nothing, or get something every other time you go.

Keep going while you're hot. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

See, normally I would disagree with you... mainly because of my luck in this game. I never get good drops. But, I went back tonight and just walked out with Dharok's Axe. :lol:

So, I am definatley enjoying barrows so far, lol.

You can't disagree with me! I'm never wrong! :P

See? You're hot! Ride your streak.

Congrats. :D

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

See, normally I would disagree with you... mainly because of my luck in this game. I never get good drops. But, I went back tonight and just walked out with Dharok's Axe. :lol:

So, I am definatley enjoying barrows so far, lol.

You can't disagree with me! I'm never wrong! :P

See? You're hot! Ride your streak.

Congrats. :D

just went to barrows after my superduper bad luck streak. (97 trips with nothing and finally flail, then stopped to lvl skills total and get golden plate from wars) first trip back and guthan plate :shock: . thx to u i started barrows, and im quite a happy man now thx to u :wink:

R.I.P. Shiva

just went to barrows after my superduper bad luck streak. (97 trips with nothing and finally flail, then stopped to lvl skills total and get golden plate from wars) first trip back and guthan plate :shock: . thx to u i started barrows, and im quite a happy man now thx to u :wink:

D-d-did you really.. uh.. go 97 times?? with no items? Killed all six each time?

And you kept trying??

*gulps... stands up and bows deeply*

Congrats. If anyone earned those high dollar items, you surely did.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

I had no such luck tonight.

In fact, I got rocked so hard by Karil that I had to change how I did it. Changed the guide too, its costing too much food.

Basically, kill Karil and Dharok with prayer, skip Verac (lol) and do him downstairs with a range spot. 8)

Its cheap, I know, but it feels good leaving that place with most of your food.

Guide much better now. Worth the second/third look. More detail on the range spots included. Save the fishies!

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Leesters, thank you for making this guide, I start barrows since this guide (got 5 items so far).

Recently, I heard of a rumor that if you didn't get any item at the first 5 trips, stop a day then back to barrows again, then its fine.

Is it true? Maybe I am wrong :?

Leesters, thank you for making this guide, I start barrows since this guide (got 5 items so far).

Recently, I heard of a rumor that if you didn't get any item at the first 5 trips, stop a day then back to barrows again, then its fine.

Is it true? Maybe I am wrong :?

I don't think thats true. I believe strongly that it isn't true. Chances are 1 in 108 you'll get a drop from a pinkie. Thats about 1 in every 18 trips, if you kill all of them.

Personally, I believe each brother has the same "drop table" (Odds of dropping things) no matter what your streak is, what the kill count is, or anything else.

But if it works for you.... never tell a ball player his superstition is wrong. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Well, nothing good from the chest today. However, not too long after I posted yesterday I got Veracs Brassard, so that makes 3 barrows items I've gotten so far.

Karil is indeed tough now. I use prayer on all the brothers, spend about 2-3 pray pots per trip, which isn't so bad. Today I went down to fight Karil at one point and noticed a bunch of stuff on the groud, so apparently someone had just died. Grabbed myself 200+ rune arrows, Black dhide chest and legs, and a Glory Ammie. Also picked up 2 sharks from someone dieing on Verac. Well, while dropping and picking up certain things, I had forgotten that my prayer had drained to 0. So I click on the coffin to fight Karil and he starts nailing me pretty hard. Went all the way down to about 15 hp before I could get my prayer back on. So those 2 sharks I had just found came in pretty handy, lol.

Took a break from the barrows for a while to get my mage level up a little with all the chaos runes I've gotten and before I go back I'm going to have to buy more prayer pots and deaths... got mostly minds today from the chest. But that's okay, considering I sold Dharoks axe for 3 mil to help fund the barrows trips. So, hopefully I'll get something tomorrow... would really love a Dragon Med, I've never gotten a dragon drop since I started playing about a year ago and am determined to get the helm as a drop and not buy one, lol.

But my question to you is, do you recommend only killing the 6 brothers and not worrying about any of the other monsters in the tunnel? What is your average kill count?

What I do is basically just kill the 6 brothers and get to the chest as quick as possible... keeping run on the whole time and just trying to fly through every pass I make. Sometimes I only kill just 5 of them, if the door to the chest can be opened very quickly... that is what I did when I got Ahrims Skirt, so I figure it might work for me again... also saves me some prayer doses.

Range spot for Verac? Is there one? Haven't been to barrows for a long time now, so don't know. And, from my personal experience I noticed, that brothers drop items if you kill them very fast.The faster you kill, the higher change you get. Well, atleast that's my theory, because when I did Karil once I hit him few 22's and got Coif ( :( ), but that showed that the faster I killed, the better change I got ;)

4490th to 85 Slayer - 2006.06.25

Please support me in this topic.

Range spot for Verac? Is there one? Haven't been to barrows for a long time now, so don't know. And, from my personal experience I noticed, that brothers drop items if you kill them very fast.The faster you kill, the higher change you get. Well, atleast that's my theory, because when I did Karil once I hit him few 22's and got Coif ( :( ), but that showed that the faster I killed, the better change I got ;)

There are range spots underneath. The guide touches on all of them.

And I've even believed that superstition at one time. I had it with Black Demons. It seemed when I owned one, he'd drop good.

Of course, now I believe that every monster has a set of drop-dice. And methinks he rolls the same set of dice every time he dies, no matter how, who, when, or what with, and the dice have no memory.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

D-d-did you really.. uh.. go 97 times?? with no items? Killed all six each time?

And you kept trying??

*gulps... stands up and bows deeply*

Congrats. If anyone earned those high dollar items, you surely did.

yes i did go 97 times without a drop :cry: luckily, i had gotten torag plate dharok legs and a flail in about 40 trips before the super duper unlucky streak, so i had the funds for all of those trips. i did indeed kill all six, up until karil got juiced, and so i didnt bother with him since the only drop that was good was the bow, and i dont like wasting deaths on him. (i dont really care bout the deaths, its just annoying to buy them from the zam mage) neways, the 98 trip, i got my second flail, and thus i could leave the barrows, since i just wanted another drop to fund some other things that i wanted to do. after that, the first time back there, guthan plate :wink: once again, thx for a great post and inspiring me to try my luck down there :D

R.I.P. Shiva

Thanks for the guide or else I'd probably be wasting pray pots there. I could probably run about 2 chests per trip, but I keep getting karil as my tunnel brother and he wastes most of my food so i have tele out after the chest :( .

Lagatag.png