LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

does anyone but me feel that guthans is now on steroids???

1. he hits more consistently

2. he heals WAYYYYYYYYY more... sometimes 20+

3. he heals more

4. he heals more

5. he is much more annoying than before...

6. he refuses to give me any of his armor.... -.-

damn u guthans

oh yea btw... i think guthans and torag are allergic to blk dhides. i now officially tank them with blk dhides, works better than rune anyway :P

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone but me feel that guthans is now on steroids???

1. he hits more consistently

2. he heals WAYYYYYYYYY more... sometimes 20+

3. he heals more

4. he heals more

5. he is much more annoying than before...

6. he refuses to give me any of his armor.... -.-

damn u guthans

oh yea btw... i think guthans and torag are allergic to blk dhides. i now officially tank them with blk dhides, works better than rune anyway :P

i jsut use ahrims robes...

the combat with torag and gunthan goes as follows

Guth- 0

Me- 15

Guth- 0

Me- 12

Guth- 0

Me- 15

Guth- 23 (PMFG)

Me- eats a lob

Guth- 0

Me- 15

Guth- 0

Me- 7

dead.

If you open the chest, he'll pop up... supposedly.... if its already open just wait for it to close. lol. (You have to open AND search, remember?)

What about closing it yourself?

Lol. Can you do that? Is there a "close" option?

closechest1pe.png

kolsig20kl.png

I've stopped playing RuneScape. KoL's better.

I'm do apologize if this question has already been asked (my first time reading this and i've only been to the barrows like 4 times)... but does the ring of wealth increase your odds of getting something good?

Also... when i'm in Mor'ton and I try to talk to the general store guy... he doesn't make any sense... When i search the broken table to find a herb for Serum 207 it says i find nothing :(

I'm do apologize if this question has already been asked (my first time reading this and i've only been to the barrows like 4 times)... but does the ring of wealth increase your odds of getting something good?

No, it has no effect on the chest drops. Definately advisable to use ring of life instead.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

OMFG! Tons of things went wrong at once... and... anyway Dharok pulled a 46 46 with me eating a little.... Aaand anyways... thx for reminding me to bring a ring of life!!! (and thank those 2 happy hp points...)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

your guide just went on favourites :D

84 combat lvl n i got this my first trip..

ScreenHunter_17.jpg

woooooot

Thats the first pic of a drop with two pieces ever posted. Looks valid, too, the rune and bolt rack counts are accurate, from six brother drops.

Congrats. lol. I've gone probably 600 times plus, never had a double drop. :)

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

No, it has no effect on the chest drops. Definately advisable to use ring of life instead.

Are you sure? I sent in a query asking if ring of wealth or crumbling tome increaces ur chances of somethin good, and Mod Mark H answered that a ring of wealth would. I would give a screenie, but idk how to post them here. Here is the Quote at least.

Dear Skaajned,

Thank you for contacting RuneScape Customer Support.

A ring of wealth when worn will help increase the chance of getting an item of worth from the barrows chest.

A crumbling tome however will not help increase your chance.

Making sure to kill all of the brothers first is also a good way to make sure you get a good item.

I hope that this helps resolve your problem.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Mark H

RuneScape Customer Support

On 23rd November 2005, you sent us the following:

I was wondering, does an equipped ring of wealth, or a carried crumbling tome affect the chances of getting a barrows item from the barrows chest? Thank you in advance.

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

your guide just went on favourites :D

84 combat lvl n i got this my first trip..

ScreenHunter_17.jpg

woooooot

Thats the first pic of a drop with two pieces ever posted. Looks valid, too, the rune and bolt rack counts are accurate, from six brother drops.

Congrats. lol. I've gone probably 600 times plus, never had a double drop. :)

Um Leesters...i got this my 8th/9th trip...lol

barrows39ib.png

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Heres my question.. I know i sound stupid and stuff, but whats a "side step" method? :x

EDIT: Sorry i didnt read properly. Now i know what the method is. Thanks anyway :P

`db

r u sure? i sent in a query asking if ring of wealth or crumbling tome increaces ur chances of somethin good, and Mod Mark H answered that a ring of wealth would. I would give a screenie, but idk how to post them here. Here is the Quote at least.

Dear Skaajned,

Thank you for contacting RuneScape Customer Support.

A ring of wealth when worn will help increase the chance of getting an item of worth from the barrows chest.

A crumbling tome however will not help increase your chance.

Making sure to kill all of the brothers first is also a good way to make sure you get a good item.

I hope that this helps resolve your problem.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Mark H

RuneScape Customer Support

On 23rd November 2005, you sent us the following:

I was wondering, does an equipped ring of wealth, or a carried crumbling tome affect the chances of getting a barrows item from the barrows chest? Thank you in advance.

Thats the first time they've said anything other than a definate no. Either this is made up, or that guy is new, or they changed things.

Time to test that.... Who wants to submit some additional querries and post pics if its news. :)

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

you leesters, im currently doing my first serious barrows run. ive done it twice before, but only killed karil or arhim those times. i already killed karil, arhim , guthan, and dharok. torag is my tunnel mound. is torag easy to kill with melee? stats in sig.

*edit* i forgot to tell you that i dont take evrything with me. i went and banked after arhim and karil, and i will agaon after killing verac

you leesters, im currently doing my first serious barrows run. ive done it twice before, but only killed karil or arhim those times. i already killed karil, arhim , guthan, and dharok. torag is my tunnel mound. is torag easy to kill with melee? stats in sig.

*edit* i forgot to tell you that i dont take evrything with me. i went and banked after arhim and karil, and i will agaon after killing verac

i would say he is not easy to melee, you should use mage on all of the brothers except for ahrim, use range on him then you should have an easy time in the barrows

good luck!

my barrows log

1st trip karils leathertop and x bow

2nd trip x bow

3rd nothing

to

25th nothing

after that i kind of stopped because i had spent 500k on supplies almost

ty. the reason i was asking was tht i was very low on death runes. only 29 after dharok and 6 after verac. i went and made some chaos runes though. torag killed at chest, got d med :D :D :D and a bunch of runes (no deaths though :x )

*update*2nd trip was very good. got torags legs, 225 deaths, some chaos and fires. man im lucky

I must admit, this guide started em on the barrows about 2 months ago, but i stopped as my technique was atrocious. (i was using ice burst and 4 prayer pots per trip) So now i got 55 slayer, 28 tipes done so far, no items, but the really sweet thing is, im making a ton just off the chaos and bloods =p

1myrangers1bp.gif

newbankofrsyq0.gif