LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you leesters, im currently doing my first serious barrows run. ive done it twice before, but only killed karil or arhim those times. i already killed karil, arhim , guthan, and dharok. torag is my tunnel mound. is torag easy to kill with melee? stats in sig.

*edit* i forgot to tell you that i dont take evrything with me. i went and banked after arhim and karil, and i will agaon after killing verac

He has the best melee defense in the game. Somewhere in the high 260's from his armour, and he has 99 defense.

His magic defense is... well, hes a mage magnet, as his melee outfit is heavily penalized for magic, and he has a magic level of 1.

And you can kill all melee brothers with safespots in the tunnels.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

tyvm. i have recently done 5 barrows runs, getting torags legs and pl8 on my second and fourth respectivly. what are the odds of getting torags helm on my sixth. from the pattern ive seen, they seem pretty good. :lol:

Hehe. Got some bad news for ya... You got really lucky. Average is about once in every 18 trips to the chest. And to get exactly the item you're looking for? You can have all my party hats if you get the

helm on the next drop. (Before the spams start, I have no party hats, so he can have all of em)

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

c'mon, cant you people take a joke? :?: ?

btw, why does mage hit karil more than melee. hes a freakin ranger, melee should hit harder than mage.

The barrows brothers are pure. Ranger has level 1 mage. Even with the best magic defensive armour in the game, that level 1 mage lets you melt him.

Your mage will hit a LITTLE bit harder and more often on the melee brothers. Even though they're all level 1 mage, the outfit helps a little. I prefer to slash Karil.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

i slashed with d baxe and got poor results though

Hmm..

70 defense with whimpy melee armor

1 magic with uber mage armor.

I guess the dog is more important than the collar. :P

Yeah, with that attack level, I'd mage him too.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

i didnt know it was so rare!!!!! :x i went in killed brothers all once then got to chest and 3.5k and 333 mind runes.......i was so put down

btw ancient magiks work really well against all exept ahrim i used ice barrage and killed all of them easily

only used pray on dharok and ahrim

i didnt know it was so rare!!!!! :x i went in killed brothers all once then got to chest and 3.5k and 333 mind runes.......i was so put down

btw ancient magiks work really well against all exept ahrim i used ice barrage and killed all of them easily

only used pray on dharok and ahrim

I don't really consider it very rare. A run of 10-20 trips to the chest, you'll probably get somethign worth over a mil. Its not even semi-rare... Its more like.... Kinda "barely-rare".

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

1) Tele to Lumby to recharge your prayer. (Closest alter to a tele spot in the game. Other options is Varrock, Camelot, Elf crystal)

Something to consider. What about the Ardougne Teleport. It maybe closer to an alter. It's across from the store. Also it takes only two types of runes where Lumbridge takes three. Also two banks are close to the alter.

Excellent guide though.

mcguff1.png

1) Tele to Lumby to recharge your prayer. (Closest alter to a tele spot in the game. Other options is Varrock, Camelot, Elf crystal)

Isn't the Ardougne Teleport closer to an alter. It's across from the store.

Excellent guide though.

(Hopes this doesnt double :roll: )

carry a duel ring or ectovial, both are one spot teles and near altars :)

Something to consider. What about the Ardougne Teleport. It maybe closer to an alter. It's across from the store. Also it takes only two types of runes where Lumbridge takes three. Also two banks are close to the alter.

Excellent guide though.

Its not closer, but a good option. I don't like the 2 laws per pop, though. The Lumby walk from tele spot to altar is so close you can see it on the mini map. Definately my tele spot of choice. I hate walking. lol

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Excellent guide though.

I'd say even the Camelot altar is probably closer to the tele spot than the Ardy altar is to the Ardy tele spot. Personally I'd choose Cammy teleport over Ardy teleport if I were to take a double rune teleport to barrows.

les i know this has most likely been asked before....but here it goes anyways. You mentioned that one can denote food in the general store, sorta bank it there and fetch it later. How exactly do u denote it in that fashion? And do u have the option to withdraw it noted and unnoted later on?

tyz i advance

Yep. Thats what he would have hit you for if you aren't praying. Best to wear melee armor on him even when praying.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png